Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

UFO's - fact or fiction? Options
Tomick
#1 Posted : 21 June 2013 11:50:24

Groups:

The UFO hotline was shut down in 2009 after 50 years of recording reports of flying saucers and answering questions from public.

The MoD have released the final UFO files..

http://www.guardian.co.u...t-release-mod-ufo-files

The files are available to download for free for a month:

www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/ufos
Warthog
#2 Posted : 29 June 2013 00:26:58

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: registriert, Registered

One thing I have noticed is that in the 50's and 60's etc the drawings of "so called" sightings looked like what you would expect of that time and sightings in the 90's 2000's look like what we would see in the movies today so films in my opinion have made an impression of what people believe they have seen or these little aliens are running alongside us when it comes to inovation and advancement of technology!

Also for us to think we are the only "Intelligent" life forms in this universe is a bit nieve of us... one day they will come..one day Blink

Well thats my thoughts of it..anyway must go as some idiot is shining their headlights through all my windows and the doors are shaking for some reason...

FOR YOUR VIEWING PLEASURE
Tomick
#3 Posted : 29 June 2013 09:39:41

Groups:

Does make you wonder..
Dontshootme
#4 Posted : 29 June 2013 10:55:46

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Warthog wrote:

Also for us to think we are the only "Intelligent" life forms in this universe is a bit nieve of us... one day they will come..one day Blink

FOR YOUR VIEWING PLEASURE

Not only is it naive to think we are alone it's also pretty damn arrogant to think that we may be the only intelligent life form in the whole multiverse....it will be our downfall one day!
On a lighter note at least we aren't as naive as our recent ancestors over Orson Welles radio broadcast of War of the Worlds!!
Rob Nolli Illigitimi Carborundum!!!
Current Builds:HMS Victory,SV Thermopylae
Plymouth57
#5 Posted : 29 June 2013 18:57:36

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

I have never (fortunately) seen any little green (or grey) men but I have definately seen UFOs!
It was almost two years ago now on a perfectly clear night. The ISS had passed overhead from west to east about half an hour previously and I had just finished setting up my six inch telescope when I noticed a bright pure orange 'star' moving quickly from east to west to the north of my location. I thought at first it was a meteor burning up in the upper atmosphere and was feeling quite privaledged to have witnessed it when about thirty seconds later a second one followed the first and then at about minute intervals a regular group which numbered I think, eight or nine. Whether there were any before I noticed the first I don't know, I managed to grab my big binoculars and tried to view the last few but just couldn't focus on them (even though the surrounding stars came into sharp focus). They appeared just like viewing a large guy fawkes bonfire from many miles away, I did consider those ruddy Chinese lanterns but these were moving at a very fast and constant speed at an extreme altitude with regular spacings between them. (I did later have the chance to view the lanterns through the same binos and they came into sharp focus, were obviously lanterns and moved haphazardly in the wind).
I did report the sighting to a national UFO reporting site and a few days after found there was another person about a mile away from me who had also viewed them passing over and confirmed my observations word for word!
I've never seen them again but I must admit after I close down my attic workshop for the night I always have a quick peep out the skylight! Blink

There are too many trillions of planets out there for us to be unique, just pray they're friendly or else highly prone to MS viruses!! LOL

Robin
First wooden ship: The Grimsby 12 Gun 'Frigate' by Constructo Second: Bounty DelPrado Part Works Third: HMS Victory DelPrado Part Works 1/100 scale
Diorama of the Battle of the Brandywine from the American Revolutionary War Diorama of the Battle of New Falkland (unfinished sci-fi), Great War Centenary Diorama of the Messines Ridge Assault
Index for the Victory diary is on page 1