Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Zero fighter Options
booboo12
#1 Posted : 13 August 2013 03:59:12

Groups: Registered

received issue pack 12, the aileron leading edge was bent, twistered and out of shape, very hard to insert Aileron ribs, parts like that should be in bubble wrap and in a box to stop it from happening Cursing not the suppiers fault, the posties fault,
jase
#2 Posted : 13 August 2013 04:05:20

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

contact customer service to sort a replacement

jase
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
Tailfirst
#3 Posted : 14 August 2013 01:03:21

beggar! Crying Hopefully customer service will send a new one!

I've backordered all parts 1 thru 17 (the "28 days" will be up end of this week so I'm hoping to see them soon) - and I'm hoping they've all been sent inside a nice strong carton!!.

EDIT/ADDITIONAL - WOOHOO!! - short while after posting above and packages have arrived containing parts 1-15 (16 and 17 show as backorder on the docket. They didn't come in a carton but in a couple of large plastic satchels. I need yet to audit them all for damage and missing gear (quick opening of one envelope I find that the rear fuse jig is slightly distorted, but nothing which isn't easily fixed).

Luckily as they're bundled, none of these look to be seriously crushed or bend/folded , but after seeing them I think the envelopes travelling on their own singly - and without any marking that they're Fragile / Do not bend or fold - IS A SERIOUS MISTAKE - ie. as has been mentioned in other posts and according to the OP above, these envelopes are VERY easily mishandled!!!

In fact I'm now seriously concerned that I'm not going to receive ANY of the remaining single envelopes without them being seriously damaged!!!!! Cursing
jase
#4 Posted : 14 August 2013 07:56:52

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I would not be to concerned. I received all my Victory pars in the sam manor and only had two broken parts, and i don't believe they were broken in the post. At the end of the day anything you receive damaged they replace and having everything shipped in card boxes would just add the the cost of the whole thing which would be passed on to you - the customer.

j
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
Tailfirst
#5 Posted : 14 August 2013 11:25:19

Edit: sorry guys I've gotta slow down and read things properly Blushing

OP's suggestion of improved packaging is a good idea but yeah, likely quite expensive.

My mailman HAS folded similar padded envelopes to fit them in my box slot - so I very much fear that if the contents of any remaining single issues are displaced away from the end when he arrives to deliver then I'm almost certainly going to be needing to contact customer support Crying

Good compromise as has been suggested elsewhere would be simply that the envelopes be marked "Fragile - Do Not Bend or Fold"