Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages «<234
Gaz Akagi Options
Gaz
#61 Posted : 30 April 2013 23:10:10

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hi Alan. Thanks for looking in your interest.
Regards.
Gareth
Completed models,Hachette Titanic.Deags. Hms Victory. Hachette Hems Hood.Ongoing builds. Deags Akagi,Deags Sovereign of the Seas,Deags Spitfire,On my wish list.Yamato.Royal Navy world war 2 aircraft carrier.
Yutaro HONMA
#62 Posted : 01 May 2013 05:35:34

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Gaz!
Your building seems going well. The hull is fine and beautiful. As the Akagi was born as a heavy cruiser at beginning, she had a smart hull. I'm looking forward to seeing your next post.
Best Regards,
Yutaro
DeAGOSTINI 1/250 the YAMATO, 1/250 the AKAGI.
Hasegawa Co. 1/350 Battle ship NGATO, 1/350 Aircraft carrier Akagi, Battle ship MIKASA.
Water line series 1/700 Battle ship YAMATO, HIEI, YAMASHIRO, Aircraft carrier HIRYU,TAIHO, Heavy Cruiser Myoukou, Ashigara, Nachi, Haguro & others.
Gaz
#63 Posted : 01 May 2013 16:02:55

Hi Yutaro.
Thanks for looking and your kind commentsBigGrin .
Regards.
Gareth
Completed models,Hachette Titanic.Deags. Hms Victory. Hachette Hems Hood.Ongoing builds. Deags Akagi,Deags Sovereign of the Seas,Deags Spitfire,On my wish list.Yamato.Royal Navy world war 2 aircraft carrier.
Gaz
#64 Posted : 17 August 2013 22:56:45

Hi Guys.
My apologies for not posting for a while. I decided that after issue 10 I would wait till I had the internals for the lifts before continuing to build further hanger parts so I now have 3 months to catch up onBlink . This month I received issue 13 which contains the bow and central lifts so I can now continue. I first made the bow elevator lift which went together ok. I am hand painting as I not allowed to use sprays or I don't have an airbrushCursing and I see from my photo that I missed a bitCursing BigGrin. It not look so bad to the naked eye but I'll give it another coat.

I then set about fixing the bow hanger parts. As I said I am hand painting so I am fixing parts and then painting as I go.

Next I added the next section to both port and starboard.
The port side was a pain to get to fit until I read what Andy (ARP) did with his by cutting off the front tab of the central part and altering the tabs a little on the others it then fitted together ok and is inline.

The starboard side

This Where I am up to at the moment still have more parts to make and also the central lift to make up. Thanks for lookingLaugh .
Regards.
Gareth
Gandale
#65 Posted : 17 August 2013 22:59:46

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Looking good Gaz, was beginning to think you had given up on this build.... Keep the pics coming, am following with a great deal of interest....Nice work....

Regards

Alan
Gaz
#66 Posted : 17 August 2013 23:07:13

Thanks AlanLaugh for your comments. No I not give up on this am loving the build though it has its challenges.
Regards.
Gareth
arpurchase
#67 Posted : 17 August 2013 23:29:52

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Hi Gareth
Its the best thing to do really waiting until you have all the lift parts as otherwise it just makes things more complicated.
As for following my solution to the port side there is a draw back [ i did suspect this would happen] when you come to fit the flight decks the casting that is fitted to the centre section is about 8 mm proud of where it should be but TBH it looks ok and only an Akagi expert would notice.
Your doing a fine job ,keep up the good work
regards
AndyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Gaz
#68 Posted : 18 August 2013 13:56:07

Hi AndyBigGrin
Thanks for your kind support and heads up on the flight decks. I guessed there maybe an issue further down the line but if it looks ok then I can live with thatBigGrin.
Regards.
Gareth