Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Artesania Latina's Santa Ana Options
arpurchase
#1 Posted : 15 September 2013 22:03:11

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

History

Santa Ana was a three deck, 112 gun, Spanish ship of the line. Built as a prototype and lead ship of the eight ships of her class. These eight ships formed the backbone of the Spanish Navy at the time.
Launched in september 1874 she went on to be the Spanish Flagship at the battle of Trafalgar, but did not fair well as she was the first victim of the Royal Soveriegn's devastating double shot raking broadside as she cut the line suffering 97 dead and 141 killed and subsequently surrendered three hours later but due to the storm after Trafalgar she escaped to Cadiz. After a major refit she was sent to the West Indies where to prevent capture by the French she was scuttled in Havana harbour. A sad end to a noble ship.

The Model
The ship is plank on frame construction using walnut planks and a variety of fine hardwood's, guilded ,white and brass metal fittings,cotton sails,printed flags and all the items needed for the rigging and masts. A full set of plans and detailed instructions will make building her a pleasure

Scale 1:84, Length: 1250 mm, Height: 950 mm

here's a link to a U-Tube build film

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caQo-xKdWIQ

regards
Andy
arpurchase attached the following image(s):
downloadsanta ana 6.jpg
downloadsanta ana.jpg
downloadsanta ana 2.jpg
downloadsanta ana 4.jpg
al22905_13 fittings.jpg
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

stevie_o
#2 Posted : 15 September 2013 23:48:33

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Andy
This kit looks great, Its between this one and the santisima trinidad for me when i have finished the Vic build. Do you have this kit and are you going to do a diary on here?
Steve
arpurchase
#3 Posted : 16 September 2013 20:35:48

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Hi Steve
Unfortunately no but I have always thought she was a neglected ship as there has not been a build done on her as far as I know. She is a nice looking ship as you say and I thought it was time to bring a little attention to her, one day like yourself I would like to build her.
regards
AndyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .