Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages <12
Launch anchor Options
dtgray
#21 Posted : 24 June 2010 17:32:54

Groups: Registered

I ordered the 20mm Amati Grapnel from Cornwall Models and received it this morning, the usual excellent service from Cornwall BigGrin However though it has the same length as the anchor supplied with the launch it is considerably bulkier and it does seem a bit on the large side and looks out of proportion with the launch Sad, unfortunately I don't believe that Cornwall have a smaller size grapnel in their catalogue Sad
Regards,

David

magpie1832
#22 Posted : 24 June 2010 18:45:39

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi again..

Here is link to a 12mm grapnel.. Don't know if it any good...It's in photo etch.
I posted this site earlier on a different thread..

Online Hobbies.
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

Capt Stedders
#23 Posted : 24 June 2010 19:01:12

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

magpie1832 wrote:
Hi again..

Here is link to a 12mm grapnel.. Don't know if it any good...It's in photo etch.

Online Hobbies.

Sounds like being just the job.

As dgtray points out, the Amati 20mm one is simply too bulky and out of scale.

I see that amongst the selection of goodies alongside the anchors that magpie has found are some cool grapple hooks and various other detailing what-nots.

An excellent find Magpie!

Schnellboots on back burner

Tools.

Dontshootme
#24 Posted : 24 June 2010 19:12:36

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Unfortunately that isn't a grapnel,it's a kedge anchor-very similar to an ordinary anchor.Smallest they have is 30mm grapnel.
PS just been & had another look at it & it looks like the other flukes have to be fitted ,which would make it a grapnel...god knows why they called it a kedge,have to say first time round I didnt't look that closely after reading kedge anchor..my bad.Blushing
Rob Nolli Illigitimi Carborundum!!!
Current Builds:HMS Victory,SV Thermopylae
dtgray
#25 Posted : 24 June 2010 19:26:37

magpie1832 wrote:
Hi again..

Online Hobbies.

Thanks Magpie BigGrin
Regards,

David

magpie1832
#26 Posted : 24 June 2010 19:35:07

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

No problem ..BigGrin
There seems to be plenty other items on the site worthy of looking at aswell. Like my other post says, the site is cheaper then cornwall, exchange rate at the moment makes it cheaper aswell.

this is my other post
Cheap tools, online hobbies
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

Capt Stedders
#27 Posted : 29 June 2010 10:24:34

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Sorry - my bad, I was referring to 'long poles with hooks on the end' (Gaffs?) used, presumably used to manipulate ropes and poke things with.

Schnellboots on back burner

Tools.