Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages 12>
Shipment woes Options
cellarboy
#1 Posted : 14 July 2015 01:06:00

Groups: Registered

Does anyone else have repeated issues getting their monthly shipments? I feel like every month there's a problem that requires some contact with customer support (which isn't awesome, let's be honest). Darbyvet on the forums here does stellar work trying to sort our issues but I'm just losing patience at this point.

1st Shipment - was billed yet not shipped for several weeks
2nd Shipment - missing two issues, fixed eventually with the help of Darbyvet.
3rd Shipment - actually no real issue aside from 1 broken part
4th Shipment - MIA now for 3 weeks since the shipping email.

I know I live in Canada but this shouldn't explain all these problems.

Anyone else suffering through this?
mbl
#2 Posted : 14 July 2015 05:39:17

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

My first two shipments took 14 days because they were returned to sender for insufficient address. But that problem was fixed. Then last week I got a shipment for a kit I'm not building, and received only half the parts I was supposed to get.
dowbyhuz
#3 Posted : 16 July 2015 15:41:01

I live in Quebec and I've received flawless service. I recently received my package up to issue #20.

Best,
Dave
Leithan
#4 Posted : 17 July 2015 23:02:52

I have had to deal with customer service twice now, first time I was pretty upset and pretty short with the CS rep, he was polite and did what he could and in the end it was an issue with my bank and not an issue with DeAgostini. The second time was entirely my fault but the CS rep corrected it and in a more then satisfactory manor. As far as shipping, I have nothing but issues when ordering from Canada, so much so that I will no longer risk it and just avoid purchasing anything that ships from Canada. Super long shipping times and damaged packages. Yet I have no issues purchasing from China, ever! I think it's the customs houses on both sides of the border. I hope it all works out for you, it would be a huge shame to miss out on this kit.
cellarboy
#5 Posted : 19 July 2015 18:01:22

Actually we'd be ordering from the U.S. Into canada.

Although I will agree Canada Post stinks. I'd challenge anyone to find a slower postal service in the developed world. Lol
CanadianJedi
#6 Posted : 19 July 2015 20:27:00

cellarboy wrote:
Actually we'd be ordering from the U.S. Into canada.

Although I will agree Canada Post stinks. I'd challenge anyone to find a slower postal service in the developed world. Lol

Amen!!LOL
Viper DeCobray
#7 Posted : 21 July 2015 22:02:30

I had a problem with the first shipment, it never showed up. But, I got ahold of CS and they resent it. It and shipment 2 were shipped on the same day, and I just got the binder and shipment 2 today. Still waiting on #1, LOL! But I'm sure it'll be here in a couple of days (it's only been 4 days since it shipped), but I still just can't help but laugh that I got the second shipment before the first.
Viper DeCobray
#8 Posted : 24 July 2015 21:12:39

Just emailed CS concerning Shipment 1. I just find it so odd that #1 just doesn't want to make it to my house.
cellarboy
#9 Posted : 25 July 2015 05:19:26

I'm feeling pretty done with this right now. Came home tonight to find Shipment 5 on the doorstep (shipment 4 still hasn't arrived, but i'm assured it's on it's way). Apparently during it's travels UPS (at least that's what it says on the box) decided to play soccer with it, then basketball and possibly bashed it around with a baseball bat.

Both ends of the box are unsecured and the package has clearly been crushed. AMAZINGLY nothing appears missing or broken. Of course I can't lay this one directly on the doorstep of Deagostini but this whole thing is just getting ridiculous....
Taz
#10 Posted : 25 July 2015 08:02:39

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Cellarboy
I know how you feel about the state of your packages but that is why Deagostini pack most of the parts in boxes to help protect them. As long as your parts are all there and undamaged then the box has done its job, don't you think. Over here in the UK we used to get packages delivered in black plastic bags, and a lot of time we would receive them damaged and sometimes parts missing.
I still receive my Millennium Falcon in these bags and not in a box?

Taz

“Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears.”

cellarboy
#11 Posted : 25 July 2015 16:36:51

Taz wrote:
Hi Cellarboy
I know how you feel about the state of your packages but that is why Deagostini pack most of the parts in boxes to help protect them. As long as your parts are all there and undamaged then the box has done its job, don't you think. Over here in the UK we used to get packages delivered in black plastic bags, and a lot of time we would receive them damaged and sometimes parts missing.
I still receive my Millennium Falcon in these bags and not in a box?

Taz

As i said, more of a moan more towards the company hired to deliver the package than Deagostini themselves (although a few extra pieces of tape wouldn't have gone amiss). Although I'm beginning to believe the shoddy packaging and the UPS/Canada Post goons are a lot of the reason stuff goes missing. You don't know how lucky you are having a professional, efficient postal service (I'm an ex-pat, so can I speak to that fact! lol)

My ongoing complaint though is the overall experience of subscribing to this build. This is a premium product at a relativity hefty price each month. For Canadians especially (and USA subscribers too in some regards) we pay a sizeable exchange rate markup, a decent amount each month for shipping and don't get many of the bonus items UK subscribers get. So to have such god awful problems getting stuff shipped out correctly each month and then when stuff does eventually arrive (often 2-3 weeks after it supposedly ships) seeing this beaten up piece of crap on the doorstep hardly fills you with confidence. Especially when I know every time I havedeal with customer service they generally proceed to beggar something else up. Frankly without Darbyvet's assistance I'd have likely cancelled a couple of months ago.

[/rant over]

Viper DeCobray
#12 Posted : 01 August 2015 01:04:00

Yay, finally got issues 1-4 yesterday. So I'm happy again. Now I can finally get started.
SithLord
#13 Posted : 06 August 2015 22:01:25

my first 2 shipments arrived in 3 & 4 days after being shipped
2nd shipment box was a little damaged but everything inside was just fine , so the box did its job
cellarboy
#14 Posted : 10 August 2015 14:25:49

Well after several weeks of mental back and forth I finally called in and cancelled my subscription this morning. I finally decided with all the issues I've been experiencing I just wasn't finding the build fun any more. I know I'll regret it as I see all these wonderful builds take shape over the next 2 years, but this is just one source of annoyance I don't need.

So if anyone needs any spare parts.... I have issues 1 through 20 and duplicates of some that I could help you out with! :)
cellarboy
#15 Posted : 10 August 2015 16:44:04

And of course 3 hours after canceling I receive the bill for month 6! Grrrrrrrr!!!!!
lumpster
#16 Posted : 10 August 2015 20:54:13

I gotta say , seeing some of these posts kinda scares me. I signed up and ordered my build 4 days ago & I've already had to call CS to straighten up my card info because they tried to charge it twice and cancelled my order. I really want to build this model but I don't want to have to go through shipping and credit card adjustments every month. I live 2 hours away from Jackson Tennessee & was counting on short ship times. I still haven't gotten any shipping confirmation. As cool & fun as this build looks , if I don't get shipping confirmation in the next couple of days , I may just cancel the order and save myself headaches.
BradM73
#17 Posted : 11 August 2015 19:02:19

lumpster wrote:
I gotta say , seeing some of these posts kinda scares me. I signed up and ordered my build 4 days ago & I've already had to call CS to straighten up my card info because they tried to charge it twice and cancelled my order. I really want to build this model but I don't want to have to go through shipping and credit card adjustments every month. I live 2 hours away from Jackson Tennessee & was counting on short ship times. I still haven't gotten any shipping confirmation. As cool & fun as this build looks , if I don't get shipping confirmation in the next couple of days , I may just cancel the order and save myself headaches.

Well, two things.

I'm sorry about your credit card mix up, but I'm not sure they actually charged your card twice. If you used a debit card to place your order, a temporary hold is put on your account which can last up to a week, but usually drops off after a few days. To your bank account, it does look like an actual transaction, but it's really not. It's just one of those problems that bank debit cards have when they are tied to a company like Visa, MasterCard, etc. The funds have to be held and guaranteed. Whenever I get billed, it ALWAYS looks the same, because for some reason, they always do a pre-authorization, and then they finalize the authorization, but the pre-auth usually hangs around for a few days. Inconvenient? Yea, but that's part of ordering online these days.

Second thing. Shipping times. Yes, I agree that their shipping times are incredibly strange. I just ordered some extra binders for my Millennium Falcon build issues last week. I got billed last week, but still haven't gotten any shipping notice. I was also told last month that I would be billed somewhere around this time for Month #6, but still have not been billed, while other people have been billed already and have received shipping notices.

It was explained to be that because the model kits are on a subscription basis, things work a little bit differently than we're used to. I guess subscriptions are shipped out in batches, which is why when you place an order, it doesn't instantly ship the same day (or next) like it would if you were buying something through a company like Amazon. It's not ideal, of course. Heck, I'd LOVE to have every issues shipped to me right now, but then again, that's not what this is. It's a subscription.

I don't know how old you are, but thing back to the 80's or 90's when you used to have magazine subscriptions. I remember going to the store as a kid a buying a money order to send off to a magazine company, then waiting for 45 days for my issues to arrive. That's just the way things were back then, but with the internet, it's a lot different now!

I would recommend sticking to the build for now. I'm up to issue 20, and it really is an exceptional build! Hope your issues get sorted out.
arpurchase
#18 Posted : 11 August 2015 19:42:10

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Hi Lumpster,

I can understand your misgivings from the above posts but if you look at the larger picture on the forum itself we have more than 20 plus kits and models here for subscription, the majority of the members have had no problems. This generally happens at the start of a subscription if it happens at all and is quickly resolved then you can look forward to your parts delivery around the same time each month.
Another way to look at it is there are people on this Forum and the Official Forum who are happily beavering away at there models without any problems and its only when some thing goes wrong it is posted, Its rare to see a happy modeler having a rant. So go for it as you know you will regret not taking the plunge.

Regards

AndyCool Cool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

BradM73
#19 Posted : 11 August 2015 21:15:56

arpurchase wrote:
BigGrinSo go for it as you know you will regret taking the plunge.

I think he means you WON'T regret making the plunge! I did a lot of back and forth too, but this kit is flippin awesome!
davetwin
#20 Posted : 11 August 2015 22:28:20

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Go for it, sure some people have had issues and have had a bit of back and forth getting it sorted but remember there will loads of people that have no issues they just don't post about it, that's the thing with the internet you will always hear the negative.

Incidentally I my subscription has been a completely smooth experience so far, I am also a member of several different Facebook groups with lots people building this who have also mostly had smooth experiences