Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

19 Pages «<89101112>»
Gibbo's DelPrado Victory Build Options
Gibbo
#181 Posted : 07 January 2018 22:23:18

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

More bits being chopped off, there was a rather thick beam running underneath the front of the Poop Deck so to give myself a bit more of a chance of getting things in there it had to come out, the photo etch i bought which was originally designed for the 1/100 Heller plastic kit is a little oversize for this 1/100 so a bit of jigging around is going to be needed and all the space i can get i will take, i also had a bit of plastic grating and decided to make the flag lockers with that and frame it with a coffee shop stir stick.
Gibbo attached the following image(s):
Poop deck beam 1.JPG
Poop deck beam 2.JPG
Flag locker 1.JPG
Flag locker 2.JPG
Building: DelPrado HMS Victory. Building: DeAgostini Sovereign Of The Seas.
Gibbo
#182 Posted : 09 January 2018 18:27:05

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

The Flag Lockers were shaped and painted and i didn't have to do much to them to make them fit with the angle of the transom due to the overhang of wood at the back of the lockers, just a bit of filing of the plastic to make them flush, i also added two Kevels either side of and just forward of the ships bell on the forecastle.
File Attachment(s):
Kevels A.JPG (308kb) downloaded 9 time(s).
Kevels A.JPG (308kb) downloaded 6 time(s).
Flag Locker 1a.JPG
Flag Locker 2a.JPG
arpurchase
#183 Posted : 09 January 2018 19:18:16

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Hi Gibbo

If your looking for buckets try here:-

http://www.jotika-ltd.co...24768/Fitting_SfitA.htm

AndyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Gibbo
#184 Posted : 09 January 2018 20:43:34

arpurchase wrote:
BigGrin Hi Gibbo

If your looking for buckets try here:-

http://www.jotika-ltd.co...24768/Fitting_SfitA.htm

AndyCool

Thanks Andy
ian smith
#185 Posted : 09 January 2018 21:23:11

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Paul.
Flag lockers look really good. seems like your victory is having a major refit. look forward to seeing what you do with her.
Ian Cool BigGrin
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.
Gandale
#186 Posted : 10 January 2018 00:00:51

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Another nice update, changes you're making is going to make the world of difference....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
DaDokta
#187 Posted : 10 January 2018 11:47:36

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

You are doing a fantastic job with your Victory-rebuild!
Greetings,
Walter

Present builds:
Revell B-24D Liberator 1:48

On the shelf:
Italeri "Fiat Mefistofele", Italeri "Moto Guzzi California", Fokker "Red Baron", Revell Bismarck, Revell Tirpitz, Arab Dow, Stage Coach, .....

Completed builds:
McLaren MP4/4, D-51 Steam Locomotive, HMS Victory, GWH F-15D Eagle, St. Stephen`s Cathedral (cardboard), Solar-powered paddle Steamer (little project with my son), HMS Victory X-section, "Geli" Phantom II (cardboard)
Gibbo
#188 Posted : 11 January 2018 23:12:06

Thank you Walter, Ian and Alan for your comments, always very much appreciated, this time around i have been capping the Gunwales from the stern to the back of the forecastle with some coffee stirry sticks to give it a bit more width to take the photo-etch hammock cranes and adding the kevels on the quarter deck, i have also assembled the photo-etch skylight for the poop deck.
Hammock Crane.JPG
QD Kevels.JPG
Skylight2.JPG
Skylight1.JPG
Markwarren
#189 Posted : 11 January 2018 23:43:13

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Some nice work going into this.Looks excellent.

Mark
Gandale
#190 Posted : 12 January 2018 01:03:08

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Nicely done Gibbo and I do like that skylight, looking good.....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
DaDokta
#191 Posted : 12 January 2018 10:53:27

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

That Skylight looks great!
Greetings,
Walter

Present builds:
Revell B-24D Liberator 1:48

On the shelf:
Italeri "Fiat Mefistofele", Italeri "Moto Guzzi California", Fokker "Red Baron", Revell Bismarck, Revell Tirpitz, Arab Dow, Stage Coach, .....

Completed builds:
McLaren MP4/4, D-51 Steam Locomotive, HMS Victory, GWH F-15D Eagle, St. Stephen`s Cathedral (cardboard), Solar-powered paddle Steamer (little project with my son), HMS Victory X-section, "Geli" Phantom II (cardboard)
Plymouth57
#192 Posted : 12 January 2018 11:24:00

Looking great Paul!Cool That skylight saves so much work! Are you going to glaze it with acetate or the Micro-'whotsit' (can't remember the name of it now!)
Love the coffee stirrers, you wouldn't believe how many of those I've collected, half a dozen at a time. How did you bend yours over that curve?
(Sneakily collecting tips here!)BigGrin

Keep them coming!

Robin.
First wooden ship: The Grimsby 12 Gun 'Frigate' by Constructo Second: Bounty DelPrado Part Works Third: HMS Victory DelPrado Part Works 1/100 scale
Diorama of the Battle of the Brandywine from the American Revolutionary War Diorama of the Battle of New Falkland (unfinished sci-fi), Great War Centenary Diorama of the Messines Ridge Assault
Index for the Victory diary is on page 1
Gibbo
#193 Posted : 12 January 2018 12:59:15

Plymouth57 wrote:
Looking great Paul!Cool That skylight saves so much work! Are you going to glaze it with acetate or the Micro-'whotsit' (can't remember the name of it now!)
Love the coffee stirrers, you wouldn't believe how many of those I've collected, half a dozen at a time. How did you bend yours over that curve?
(Sneakily collecting tips here!)BigGrin

Keep them coming!

Robin.

Hi Robin
I am planning to use the Humbrol Micro "whotsit", DaDokta used it recently on his skylight and i like the effect, if i decide to cut the deck open under the skylight and put beams in underneath i will probably use the acetate so you can see it, the coffee stirrers i soaked in water and used the stem of a soldering iron to get the tight curve, i had to curve the length of them as well for the poop deck and for that i used pins to get the gentle curve and left them to dry, i found some curved ones yesterday in a cafe while out walking the dog, but hey ho too late now.
Plymouth57
#194 Posted : 12 January 2018 19:01:56

That'll teach me! I always look for the completely straight ones when I'm 'acquiring'BigGrin
Now I'm back home I've got the bottle in front of me and it's Micro Kristal Klear that I used on my skylight. It gives a lovely antique glass effect compared to the ultra clear acetate and you can still just make out the beams inside.
Great updates!

Robin.
First wooden ship: The Grimsby 12 Gun 'Frigate' by Constructo Second: Bounty DelPrado Part Works Third: HMS Victory DelPrado Part Works 1/100 scale
Diorama of the Battle of the Brandywine from the American Revolutionary War Diorama of the Battle of New Falkland (unfinished sci-fi), Great War Centenary Diorama of the Messines Ridge Assault
Index for the Victory diary is on page 1
Gibbo
#195 Posted : 12 January 2018 23:08:36

Plymouth57 wrote:
That'll teach me! I always look for the completely straight ones when I'm 'acquiring'BigGrin
Now I'm back home I've got the bottle in front of me and it's Micro Kristal Klear that I used on my skylight. It gives a lovely antique glass effect compared to the ultra clear acetate and you can still just make out the beams inside.
Great updates!

Robin.

well that's that then, Micro Kristal Klear or Humbrol clear Fix it is then, thanks Robin.
ian smith
#196 Posted : 16 January 2018 12:41:17

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Paul.
skylight looks fantastic. are you going to glaze it using micro crystal clear.
Ian. Cool BigGrin
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.
Gibbo
#197 Posted : 16 January 2018 14:31:01

ian smith wrote:
Hi Paul.
skylight looks fantastic. are you going to glaze it using micro crystal clear.
Ian. Cool BigGrin

Yes Ian i am, i bought some Humbrol Clear Fix.
Gibbo
#198 Posted : 16 January 2018 21:18:59

I have been working on the Poop Deck Rail, firstly i took the PE rail and to cut it down to make it fit, the Victory has eight posts on the rail but mine only has six i didn't really need to use it but it has the bucket handles attached to it and the PE wasn't cheap so i'm going to use as much of it as i can, the Heller plastic kit obviously has a wider beam than this one, the rail was made up of coffee stirry sticks and 3mm X 3mm square, the PE beam was glued on top and the hammock frames were attached in to each post, the netting is for another time and the buckets ? well i'm gonna have to think about that one.
Poop Rail1.JPG
Poop Rail3.JPG
Poop Rail4.JPG
Poop Rail5.JPG
Poop Rail6.JPG
Gandale
#199 Posted : 17 January 2018 00:11:47

Very nice indeed Gibbo, love the detail......Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
Gibbo
#200 Posted : 17 January 2018 19:27:12

Today i received a large parcel, the Heller 1/100 scale of the Victory, i originally bought it to maybe barstoolise it for certain bits and pieces, it cost me £35 off ebay, not bad for a model that retails at around £130, i was mainly looking at it to see what the cannons were like and whether they could replace the DelPrado ones and also use the sweeping bow sections, but i think i'm going to use the bow section as a template and using the measurements recreate it out of wood so there will be more hacking bits off when the time comes, once i have what i need from it i will either build it OOTB or relist it, it's a lot of model for the money.
DSC_1609.JPG
DSC_1612.JPG
DSC_1615.JPG