Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

19 Pages «<910111213>»
Gibbo's DelPrado Victory Build Options
Plymouth57
#201 Posted : 17 January 2018 21:49:16

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Looks a nice kit Paul!Cool You could always try your hand at silicone moulds and resin casting to recreate the bits you need BigGrin
(And then sell the kit on afterwards!)Cool LOL

Robin.
First wooden ship: The Grimsby 12 Gun 'Frigate' by Constructo Second: Bounty DelPrado Part Works Third: HMS Victory DelPrado Part Works 1/100 scale
Diorama of the Battle of the Brandywine from the American Revolutionary War Diorama of the Battle of New Falkland (unfinished sci-fi), Great War Centenary Diorama of the Messines Ridge Assault
Index for the Victory diary is on page 1
Gibbo
#202 Posted : 17 January 2018 22:19:41

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Plymouth57 wrote:
Looks a nice kit Paul!Cool You could always try your hand at silicone moulds and resin casting to recreate the bits you need BigGrin
(And then sell the kit on afterwards!)Cool LOL

Robin.

Yeah it's pretty good Robin, i know it's had mixed reviews and some modellers out there have done some amazing things with it, apart from the steps the hull detail is really good, as for resin casting. Crying Scared
Building: DelPrado HMS Victory. Building: DeAgostini Sovereign Of The Seas.
Gibbo
#203 Posted : 17 January 2018 23:13:07

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

tonights effort has been drilling holes in the quarterdeck rail for the hammock frames, the stanchions for these are extra long as they go through to the bottom of the rail.
File Attachment(s):
Waist Rail1.JPG (322kb) downloaded 5 time(s).
Gibbo attached the following image(s):
DSCN0594.JPG
Waist Rail1.JPG
Markwarren
#204 Posted : 17 January 2018 23:37:52

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Some lovely detail, great workLove

Mark
Gibbo
#205 Posted : 22 January 2018 00:54:23

Thank you for that Mark
The skylight has now been painted and glazed with Humbrol Clear Fix, i found it was easier doing the glazing from the inside out, i will be cutting the planks off of deck under the skylight to add a frame and some beams to be seen through the skylight.
DSC_1619.JPG
DaDokta
#206 Posted : 22 January 2018 14:59:34

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Never occured to me, that those stanchions go right down to the bottom!

Nice detail!
Greetings,
Walter

Present builds:
Revell B-24D Liberator 1:48

On the shelf:
Italeri "Fiat Mefistofele", Italeri "Moto Guzzi California", Fokker "Red Baron", Revell Bismarck, Revell Tirpitz, Arab Dow, Stage Coach, .....

Completed builds:
McLaren MP4/4, D-51 Steam Locomotive, HMS Victory, GWH F-15D Eagle, St. Stephen`s Cathedral (cardboard), Solar-powered paddle Steamer (little project with my son), HMS Victory X-section, "Geli" Phantom II (cardboard)
ian smith
#207 Posted : 22 January 2018 15:52:12

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Looking fantastic Paul.Cool
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.
Gibbo
#208 Posted : 22 January 2018 23:58:30

Thank you Walter & Ian
The skylight has been added to, first the deck planking was marked out and the planks removed then the base painted black, ( yep, more chopping up ) then a frame was made up with three beams across and this was painted white, then the frame was then glued into the hole and the skylight sits over the top, you can just about make out the frames close up with the naked eye.
Skylight Frame.JPG
Skylight Frame 2.JPG
Gandale
#209 Posted : 23 January 2018 00:25:10

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Looks good Gibbo, another very nice update....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
Gibbo
#210 Posted : 26 January 2018 01:20:34

Before i started any work on the steps to the Poop Deck i had to work out what i was going to do to the cabins area, all it had was what looked like a square blob with a window in it so i decided on making it wider with a couple of square bits of Balsa, this gave me an area of 28mm long X 13mm high to work with on each side, (so not a lot) so i decided to do it in computer graphics, by the time the cannon and the poop steps are in place you're not going to see too much of it, this is not the finished article as i'm still playing around with the colour.
Cabins 1.JPG
Cabins 2.JPG
Cabins 3.JPG
Gibbo
#211 Posted : 27 January 2018 01:10:32

So after jigging around and printing different colours of dark brown on different paper i went with glossy photo paper with the highest DPI to get the sharpest detail, i also took the man cave from the cold lonely loft into the warmth and comfort of a corner in the basement, no more mucking about with the loft ladder and all that nonsense every five minutes, happy days.
File Attachment(s):
DSC_1626.JPG (1,101kb) downloaded 8 time(s).
DSC_1626.JPG (257kb) downloaded 6 time(s).
DSC_1649.JPG
Gandale
#212 Posted : 27 January 2018 11:15:17

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

That look tasty, very well done.....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
Markwarren
#213 Posted : 27 January 2018 11:46:26

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

That looks excellent.

Mark
Martyn Ingram
#214 Posted : 27 January 2018 17:36:42

BigGrin Looking good a very clever idea Cool

Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
Plymouth57
#215 Posted : 27 January 2018 21:50:03

'Ere, why didn't I think of doing it that way!Cursing Seriously though, the printed walls look excellent!Cool
As for the comfy warm basement - Blink In my youth it was a table and chair on top of the flat roof in all weathers!!BigGrin Actually it was a built on workroom at the back of the garage (though not much warmer) Youngsters today - I don't know!Flapper
PS Those mast plans are currently being re-scanned up to 1/72 scale for a 'forth coming project' hint hint!Blink
Looking great!

Robin.
First wooden ship: The Grimsby 12 Gun 'Frigate' by Constructo Second: Bounty DelPrado Part Works Third: HMS Victory DelPrado Part Works 1/100 scale
Diorama of the Battle of the Brandywine from the American Revolutionary War Diorama of the Battle of New Falkland (unfinished sci-fi), Great War Centenary Diorama of the Messines Ridge Assault
Gibbo
#216 Posted : 30 January 2018 02:08:35

Plymouth57 wrote:
'Ere, why didn't I think of doing it that way!Cursing Seriously though, the printed walls look excellent!Cool
As for the comfy warm basement - Blink In my youth it was a table and chair on top of the flat roof in all weathers!!BigGrin Actually it was a built on workroom at the back of the garage (though not much warmer) Youngsters today - I don't know!Flapper
PS Those mast plans are currently being re-scanned up to 1/72 scale for a 'forth coming project' hint hint!Blink
Looking great!

Robin.

Ah Ha, nudge nudge wink wink say no more.
Gibbo
#217 Posted : 04 February 2018 02:11:25

Thanks for looking in guys and the positive feedback.
After looking around on tinternet the only ships wheels i could find were 14mm 8 spoke metal ones from CMB for about a fiver each without postage, so i decided to go with the 14mm 10 spoke ones from the Heller kit, i had to cut off the bottom two spokes and the top two with part of the wheel to get it to sit under the poop deck, so this was a lot easier to do with plastic than metal and the previous owner had already painted it (result), the PE stanchion you can see in the picture will have to be cut down top and bottom to match, also in the picture you can see the PE Binnacle which is also too tall so i plan to take the bottom off of that too.
I bought myself a cheap £40 wood lathe and am attempting to make some fire buckets for the poop rail, the ones shown are too wide so ineed to make them with a smaller diameter dowel, stick them together and fit them as one unit
DSC_1661.JPG
DSC_1660.JPG
Markwarren
#218 Posted : 04 February 2018 09:02:32

Nice update, looking forward to seeing how the buckets turn out.BigGrin

Mark
Plymouth57
#219 Posted : 04 February 2018 22:01:39

Lovely work again there Paul!Cool
I've been thinking on those buckets too - in 1/100 scale they're tiny! I might try shaping one or two from either plastic rod or even a resin cylinder and then make a mould to cast a set (finding ever more uses for this stuff!)BigGrin

Looking great!

Robin.
ian smith
#220 Posted : 05 February 2018 22:13:13

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

nice job on your cabin fronts Paul. look forward to seeing your buckets come to life.
Ian Cool BigGrin
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.