Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages <123>
May's "memory lane" build Options
birdaj2
#21 Posted : 28 May 2017 17:12:45

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Been looking at that myself May and it looks like you get a good set of parts in the first 4 editions to keep you occupied.

Looking forward to making a start on this one myself as well.
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
arpurchase
#22 Posted : 28 May 2017 19:25:32

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Hi May

Thanks for the heads up on the build and she goes together well the parts are laser cut so will need a light sand to remove the ash. Only a week to wait nowCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

MFG
#23 Posted : 29 May 2017 00:02:20

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Hi Tony,

Yes it's nice to see this build getting underway, I've been keeping busy gathering all kinds of hints 'n' tips and know how's from around the web, I'm already having thoughts about doing the planking slightly differently....anyway we'll see BigGrin

May.
MFG
#24 Posted : 29 May 2017 00:11:54

Hi Andy,

Your more than welcome, been looking forward to seeing it BigGrin I'll be subscribing on the 5th so as you say not long to go now

May.
Martyn Ingram
#25 Posted : 29 May 2017 07:32:16

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

MFG wrote:
Hi Tony,

Yes it's nice to see this build getting underway, I've been keeping busy gathering all kinds of hints 'n' tips and know how's from around the web, I'm already having thoughts about doing the planking slightly differently....anyway we'll see BigGrin

May.

Hi May for your first build I would definitely stick to the official instructions as it might impact on the build further down the line

Looking forward to seeing your build Cool

Rgd Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
MFG
#26 Posted : 29 May 2017 12:58:10

Hi Martyn,

You're right about following the instructions I have some idea on the way these builds are put together but reading about it and doing it are two different things.

My idea is to add the nails (tree nails?) instead of drawing them in. I've seen various ways to do this and it looks really effective so I'm going to have a go. In this instance if I mess it up I could take it of and relay it...... well that's the plan anyway Mellow

May.
Martyn Ingram
#27 Posted : 29 May 2017 15:58:11

Blushing Sorry May got the wrong end of the stick I thought you meant the hull planking Confused . Looking forward to seeing what you do with the deck ThumpUp

Rgd Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
MFG
#28 Posted : 29 May 2017 17:58:39

Hi Martyn,

No that was my fault, still leaning all the terms sorry for the confusion.

As for the hull planking I'll be following the instructions very carefully as it looks pretty scary Scared Scared Scared to me but I'll try my best.

May.
ian smith
#29 Posted : 03 June 2017 15:08:15

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Good luck with the build May. Look forward to seeing your progress.
Ian BigGrin
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.
MFG
#30 Posted : 03 June 2017 18:25:52

Hi,

Thank you Ian, it's out on Monday so not long to go now BigGrin

May.
Garth
#31 Posted : 05 June 2017 09:51:09

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Hi May,
I also have some sentimental memories of the USS Constitution.
Looking forward to following your build.
Kind regards,
Garth
"Measure twice, cut once!!!"
Finished!!! HMS Victory,
Current build: Black Pearl.
On hold: Bismarck, Golden Hind, Flying Scotsman, Victory Cross Section, SOTS, Tiger 1.
Wish list: USS Constitution.
MFG
#32 Posted : 05 June 2017 12:12:24

Hi,

Thank you Garth, I've been gathering all kinds of tools and bits 'n' bobs so I'm all ready to getting started BigGrin

May.
MFG
#33 Posted : 14 June 2017 18:03:34

Hi,

So today is the day when this kit comes out for sale BigGrin

http://forum.model-space...spx?g=posts&t=22670

I've gone for the 24 month option, although I've ordered it today it will actually be a while before I get going with it as it's a busy time of the year for me and the school hols are just around the corner as well so it will most likely be September-ish when I make a start

May.
birdaj2
#34 Posted : 14 June 2017 19:11:56

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

MFG wrote:
Hi,

I've gone for the 24 month option, although I've ordered it today it will actually be a while before I get going with it as it's a busy time of the year for me and the school hols are just around the corner as well so it will most likely be September-ish when I make a start

May.

Well done May

Look forward to seeing your updates when you do make a start.
Happy Modelling

SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
jase
#35 Posted : 14 June 2017 22:47:51

MFG wrote:
Hi,

May.

Gives you an opportunity to see how others progress first.

J
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
MFG
#36 Posted : 14 June 2017 23:17:29

Hi,

Thank you Tony and Jase,

Between the summer season, school summer hols and my hubby on home leave in August my time will be very much limited so I think putting it of is the best choice.

I'm looking forward to seeing your chaps diaries when you get going BigGrin

May.
MFG
#37 Posted : 19 June 2017 12:03:59

Hi,

Pack 1 arrived this morning, I wasn't expecting it until next week so that was a nice surprise but there were no instructions in the box at first I thought they had forgotten to send them but I have since learnt that you have to download them but I don't know were from, can anyone help?

Thanks May.
MFG attached the following image(s):
1.JPG
MFG
#38 Posted : 19 June 2017 12:15:47

Hi,

It's ok ignore my previous post I've found them now Blushing

http://www.model-space.c...constitution.html#build

May.
MFG
#39 Posted : 19 June 2017 12:32:10

Hi,

OK next problem I've downloaded the pack 1 pdf file but there are no pictures showing any suggestions?

May.
MFG attached the following image(s):
1.png
birdaj2
#40 Posted : 19 June 2017 15:40:59

Hi May

Finished work early today as this heat is too much for me - 83.5 degrees at my desk Confused

Just downloaded pack 1 from the site and all seems ok on mine. I am downloading on an ipad but would not have thought that would make a difference.

Happy Modelling