Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

6 Pages <1234>»
pfcdre's HMS Victory Options
pfcdre
#21 Posted : 02 June 2018 22:25:46

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Hi all, my first delivery of victory parts have arrived,i opted for the 12 month sub, but i have 1 book with instructions, do you not receive the magazines with the parts? i was quite looking forward to the mags and binders etc
Gandale
#22 Posted : 02 June 2018 23:33:30

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Magazines do not come with the kit, instructions are available to download here

https://www.model-space....s-victory-full-kit.html

Regards

Alan
pfcdre
#23 Posted : 03 June 2018 15:17:42

Gandale wrote:
Magazines do not come with the kit, instructions are available to download here

https://www.model-space....s-victory-full-kit.html

Regards

Alan

thanks Alan, is this kit the same as the one that came with the magazines, its just i have had a stroke of good luck and have a complete kit with mags binders tools etc. thanks Andre
Gandale
#24 Posted : 03 June 2018 18:02:11

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Hi Andre, the kit is the same.....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
pfcdre
#25 Posted : 06 June 2018 19:25:02

hi gents, what super glue do you use for the small boat tenders planking, i have some mister sticky and its really not doing a very good job of sticking lol, i bought some gorilla super glue gel but it was dried out when i opened it[b&q rip off]any help or suggestions greatly appreciated thanks Andre
arpurchase
#26 Posted : 06 June 2018 19:41:36

BigGrin Hi Andre

For super glue I usually use this brand its good and works well:-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i...f1dd:g:ZiIAAOSwIWxaol-q

You may think about using an accelerator spray too:-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/s...ccelerator&_sacat=0

Be careful with the accelerator as its instant and dont hold the parts together with your fingers as the heat caused from the accelerator can burn your fingers

AndyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

pfcdre
#27 Posted : 19 June 2018 22:56:50

Success!!! sorry this is not a question i just wanted to share my excitement of finishing the hull of victorys boat, i have painted the hull and got to the stage where i have glued the thwarts, i was really worried about the planking but im really pleased with the result, i only have a phone camera so dont know how i could upload pics, its given me confidence for the future of this project.cheers
z8000783
#28 Posted : 20 June 2018 06:15:58

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Unapproved

Well done, Andre, Glad it worked out well. Still a few tricky bits to come but you are over the main hump now.
Tomick
#29 Posted : 20 June 2018 07:38:58

Groups:

Well done Cool
pfcdre
#30 Posted : 27 June 2018 17:58:45

1st effort at pics hope this works
pfcdre attached the following image(s):
20180627_174631.jpg
20180627_174639.jpg
Gandale
#31 Posted : 27 June 2018 19:13:00

Hi Andre, success all round so well done. Ships boat looks really good.....Cool Cool .. Look forward to seeing more of your build...

Regards

Alan
pfcdre
#32 Posted : 27 June 2018 19:21:34

thanks Alan, i know there is room for improvement, but my expectations were not high going in to it, so im really quite happy with the build so far, i have the rudder and a couple of bits left to do, the instructions are really good and if i have any doubt i just watch the build video and that clears any confusion up, i didnt realise how rewarding and de-stressing[if that word exists] the build would be, its quite relaxing.cheers Andre
arpurchase
#33 Posted : 28 June 2018 07:28:03

BigGrin Looking good and nice workCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

pfcdre
#34 Posted : 02 July 2018 19:44:48

Hi all, as the title suggests i have a problem with a few ribs on my build that are warped, a couple are not too bad and one that is very noticeable, is there a way to straighten these out, i have tried one soaking it for an hour then fixing it to a straight edge but to no avail, any ideas. thanks Andre. ps they are not fixed in position and easily removed from keel
Gandale
#35 Posted : 02 July 2018 19:53:41

Hi Andre, the way I straighten parts out is to soak the part then place between two glass sheets. Placing heavy objects on top and leave them there until the parts dry out. If that doesn't work then you can contact customer services, quoting the stage number the defective parts were received in and request a replacement....Cool Cool .. Hope this helps..

Regards

Alan
pfcdre
#36 Posted : 02 July 2018 20:01:40

ok thanks Alan, i will soak again, i have them under water as we speak, how long should i leave them for before removing them from the water? thanks
pfcdre
#37 Posted : 02 July 2018 20:09:11

oh and should water be hot or cold. sorry cheers
Gandale
#38 Posted : 02 July 2018 20:59:56

Hi Andre, I normally use warm water and leave the part soaking for a few mins. Sometimes I have to carry this out more than once....

Regards

Alan
pfcdre
#39 Posted : 08 July 2018 22:06:41

a sad day indeed, after fitting the middle decks and eyeing everything up i have discovered a slight warp in the very front bow former, its perfect lower down all is square but after fitting the middle gun deck i can see a 1-2mm difference in the rib, so looking top down its right side down left side up, i have slightly wetted the left side and made a clamp to attempt to straighten it out but i dont hold much hope, i dont think there is an easy way to remove the bow rib without damaging the keel and decks, it begs the question where are the parts stored before being sent out as i have had 3 warped ribs so far but this one is a catastrophe, any ideas guysCrying Crying Crying
Gandale
#40 Posted : 08 July 2018 22:29:59

Sorry to hear of your problem. First of all can you post up a couple of pics so we can see the problem you have and perhaps we can then advise the best way to move forward.

If you have used PVA then it may not be too big a problem to remove the affected part. The use of some hot water and a paint brush may be all you need, simply apply hot water to the glue joints and this will soften the glue enabling you to separate the parts. Lets have a look at your pics before doing anything else....

Regards

Alan