Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

7 Pages <1234>»
Nems Gulf War Tornado in flight. Options
Kev the Modeller
#21 Posted : 30 November 2018 20:03:25

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

arpurchase wrote:
Its a location line for the in flight refueling arm assembly to fit, once in place the line is not noticable.

Oh ok, that makes sense now. Thanks for the insight Andy. ThumpUp

Kev Smile

Per Ardua Ad Astra
Nemesis
#22 Posted : 30 November 2018 21:19:34

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Kev the Modeller wrote:
arpurchase wrote:
Its a location line for the in flight refueling arm assembly to fit, once in place the line is not noticable.

Oh ok, that makes sense now. Thanks for the insight Andy. ThumpUp

Kev Smile

It is an option on this kit to have the re-fueling arm retracted or extended, you have to drill out some holes depending on which option you want.BigGrin
Nemesis
#23 Posted : 30 November 2018 22:28:22

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

So on the above note I took the time to look through the destructions to see how the refueling arm fits. I looked for the holes I needed to drill out and they are, how shall we say, a bit hit and miss! So I cut the pins off the arm mount and did it my way. The arm mount is a lousy fit so I glued it in sections, flowing ultra thin glue down the seam. Luckily there is an outline of where it fits so I had something to go by.Blink BigGrin
Nemesis attached the following image(s):
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
Nemesis
#24 Posted : 03 December 2018 09:11:09

So while I wait for the primer to dry on the cockpit parts I made up the wings, and tail components and the weapons pylons, then dry fitted all the parts with the main fuselage. They will all need some work as they are not the best fit!Crying But on the whole not a bad looking kit.BigGrin Cool
The pylons should have been fitted and allowed to swivel, but they do not follow the contour of the wings very well, and as I am showing it in flight they will be glued in place as will the wings and tail which should also move but are a poor fit to the contour of the fuselage.
8.jpg
9.jpg
Tomick
#25 Posted : 03 December 2018 17:56:13

Groups:

That's a big model, should look impressive Cool
Kev the Modeller
#26 Posted : 03 December 2018 21:12:01

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Yep, sure looks big! Blink Nice work so far Daran - well done. ThumpUp

Kev Smile
Per Ardua Ad Astra
Nemesis
#27 Posted : 03 December 2018 21:17:30

Tomick wrote:
That's a big model, should look impressive Cool

I really did underestimate the size, base is gonna be huge!!LOL BigGrin

So on with the show!BigGrin I have finished the wings and tail, all gaps and seams are gone. The swing wing works but only until the fuselage is seam free, then they will be permanently fixed in place as will the tail and the weapons pylons. The cockpit tub has had its primary colours sprayed, refueling pylon is fitted and the intake fans have been painted. Next step will be the intake fan surround and then I can glue the 2 halves of the main fuselage together and tackle the seam line. Once the cockpit is dry it will get a coat of clear and then decals and detailing.

10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg
16.jpg
17.jpg
18.jpg
Markwarren
#28 Posted : 03 December 2018 21:27:16

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Great kit, wow that’s big. I hope you’ve got enough room for a hanger in you garden for that.LOL

Great start, will be watching with interest.

Mark
Gandale
#29 Posted : 04 December 2018 00:02:41

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Making great progress Nem, certainly going to be a beast of model to display..Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
magpie1832
#30 Posted : 04 December 2018 00:20:27

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Nice work Nem, Looking good.

Chris
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

tf64
#31 Posted : 04 December 2018 09:17:45

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Good luck with your build Nem.

Regards

Trev
Work in progress: Tombstone (Scratch) - San Francisco 2. -The Mayflower ( scratch by plan).

Kev the Modeller
#32 Posted : 05 December 2018 21:38:05

Nice work as always Daran, looking good and certainly forging ahead with your build. Well done. ThumpUp

Kev Smile
Per Ardua Ad Astra
Nemesis
#33 Posted : 06 December 2018 21:05:19

Thanks all for looking in and your comments.BigGrin
Intake fan blades are finished and fitted and the 2 halves of the main fuselage have been glued together. Once they have dried I will tackle the seams which are not as bad as I first thought. While I was there I dry assembled the main parts, this thing is huge!Blink Blink LOL Cool
19.jpg
20.jpg
pemberg
#34 Posted : 06 December 2018 21:48:34

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

It's certainly large, great job so far, looking good.

Graeme
Kev the Modeller
#35 Posted : 06 December 2018 21:55:25

Certainly is a whopper Daran. Think you'll need to build a hangar in the garden for it mate, can't see your lovely lady allowing that to stay indoors. BigGrin

Kev Smile
Per Ardua Ad Astra
Nemesis
#36 Posted : 06 December 2018 23:00:28

Thank you for the kind comments.BigGrin Cool
Started adding detail to the cockpit and controls.BigGrin
21.jpg
22.jpg
23.jpg
magpie1832
#37 Posted : 07 December 2018 00:22:21

Nice update Nem. Cockpit looks great. ThumpUp

Chris
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

Markwarren
#38 Posted : 07 December 2018 09:13:29

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Lovely work, looking excellent.Love

Mark
Sticky Wickett
#39 Posted : 07 December 2018 13:44:18

Publisher Medal: December 2019 Modeler of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Nice detailing in the cockpit Nem. Coming along a treat.

Regards,
Phil W.
Completed projects: 1/43 scale Bedford HA van / 1/43 scale MG TD sports car
Current projects: 1/48 scale U-boat [U230]
Future projects: 1/148 scale railway diorama / 1/50 scale R/C Volvo F89 logging truck / 1/148 scale Thunderbirds Fireflash
Nemesis
#40 Posted : 07 December 2018 16:38:58

Thanks for looking in and your comments everyone.BigGrin
Whilst waiting for other parts to dry I got on with the engine exhausts and laid the base colours down. Once dry I can get on with some detailing. Great thing with this assembly is it can be fitted after the main fuselage has been painted to save on masking!Cool BigGrin
24.jpg