Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages <12345>
Calling all US Millennium Falcon builders Options
darbyvet
#41 Posted : 21 April 2015 18:16:41

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Thunderhead7 wrote:
I received mine while I was away from home. I'm very excited about building this, it will be the "Year of Star Wars".

Hi Stephen,
welcome to the forum.I am US forum support.let me know if I can help you in any way.I hope you will post some pics of your Falcon build on the forum.

After seeing the second Star Wars VII trailers I am stoked about this year.I hope the movie lives up to my expectations

Carl
Thunderhead7
#42 Posted : 22 April 2015 04:05:24

darbyvet wrote:
Thunderhead7 wrote:
I received mine while I was away from home. I'm very excited about building this, it will be the "Year of Star Wars".

Hi Stephen,
welcome to the forum.I am US forum support.let me know if I can help you in any way.I hope you will post some pics of your Falcon build on the forum.

After seeing the second Star Wars VII trailers I am stoked about this year.I hope the movie lives up to my expectations

Carl

Thank you Carl, I will post some up and keep everyone updated. Cheers
Cheers, Stephen
Tucson, AZ

chrisfowler99
#43 Posted : 22 April 2015 19:12:03

chrisfowler99 wrote:
Month one package has been shipped for me.

Is it really 10-14 days for the US shipments?

I'm in Texas...

Shipped on the 15th. Arrived on the 21st. Not bad at all.

Gotta get my work area cleaned up!

My daughter is freaking out. She can't wait to get building.

Interestingly, we compared the blueprint size to the Lego UCS Falcon. It's almost the same size. Very cool.
JediRebel45
#44 Posted : 24 April 2015 16:01:29

chrisfowler99 wrote:
chrisfowler99 wrote:
Month one package has been shipped for me.

Is it really 10-14 days for the US shipments?

I'm in Texas...

Shipped on the 15th. Arrived on the 21st. Not bad at all.

Gotta get my work area cleaned up!

My daughter is freaking out. She can't wait to get building.

Interestingly, we compared the blueprint size to the Lego UCS Falcon. It's almost the same size. Very cool.

Sweet! I'm in Texas too! I just got my ship notice last night, so... 6-7 days does sound better. I was kind of wondering about that given that their available hours are listed as Central time... BigGrin
darbyvet
#45 Posted : 24 April 2015 16:38:23

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

It seems like we are building a nice fleet of US falcon builders. I look forward to seeing eveyrones builds starting soon

Impatience
#46 Posted : 24 April 2015 16:46:22

Turquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

My shipment notice came this morning, getting very excited. My wife is a little dubious, but ohh well :)

Seeing all of the mods you guys are posting and the fun stuff you are talking about doing has me tempted, but I have no modeling skills, so I think I'll just stick to an out of the box build. I'm sure I can always modify it more later if I want to. I'm also afraid if I try and do too much with it I will never get it done, and I'm an expert at NOT finishing projects.

Build Diary is up to keep myself motivated.

--Impatience
Current Build: Millennium Falcon
Wish List: Lamborghini Countach LP 500S, Red Bull Racing RB7
chrisfowler99
#47 Posted : 26 April 2015 19:02:28

Impatience wrote:
My shipment notice came this morning, getting very excited. My wife is a little dubious, but ohh well :)

Seeing all of the mods you guys are posting and the fun stuff you are talking about doing has me tempted, but I have no modeling skills, so I think I'll just stick to an out of the box build. I'm sure I can always modify it more later if I want to. I'm also afraid if I try and do too much with it I will never get it done, and I'm an expert at NOT finishing projects.

Build Diary is up to keep myself motivated.

--Impatience

I have no modeling skills either, but watching some of the builds here and videos on YouTube has caused me to order materials to give it a try. It will definitely be interesting.
CRphoto
#48 Posted : 01 May 2015 23:38:42

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Just got my first box today. Yea!
I plan on decking this out as far as I can take it with lights and customization.
I amy build the interior as a separate model and display it on it;s own with some extra areas added so people can look into it for a "walk through" perspective.
Very exciting build kit here.
Gandale
#49 Posted : 01 May 2015 23:48:14

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

CRphoto wrote:
I plan on decking this out as far as I can take it with lights and customization.
I amy build the interior as a separate model and display it on it;s own with some extra areas added so people can look into it for a "walk through" perspective.

Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy your time with us. Fab kit you have taken on and am sure you'll love it.....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
davetwin
#50 Posted : 01 May 2015 23:58:15

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Welcome CRphoto, interesting idea with the hold

Will you be putting up a build log?
darbyvet
#51 Posted : 02 May 2015 01:38:30

CRphoto wrote:

That's a cool idea.Welcome to the forum.Good to see another USa builder here.I am forum support for USA so let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Carl
arpurchase
#52 Posted : 02 May 2015 09:34:31

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Welcome to the forum CRPhoto, enjoy your stay with usCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Tsumik
#53 Posted : 04 May 2015 05:42:07

Hi I'm brand new and just recieved my first shipment. I have several smaller models of the Millennium Falcon but have always wanted one of this scale. I, just like several others, want to build a coffee table/desk to house this in once completed. I have some experience in modeling but really look to learn and grow from all the people here.

I'm so excited for this kit!
arpurchase
#54 Posted : 04 May 2015 08:24:07

BigGrin Welcome to the forum Tsumik enjoy your build and stay with usCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Gandale
#55 Posted : 04 May 2015 09:02:39

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Tsumik wrote:
Hi I'm brand new and just recieved my first shipment. I have several smaller models of the Millennium Falcon but have always wanted one of this scale. I, just like several others, want to build a coffee table/desk to house this in once completed. I have some experience in modeling but really look to learn and grow from all the people here.

Welcome aboard, am sure you'll love the kit and learn many new skills from others to make it your own.. Enjoy the build and hope to see your work as you progress....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
darbyvet
#56 Posted : 04 May 2015 15:17:00

Tsumik wrote:

Welcome to the forum Tsumik.great to see another US falcon build.I am forum support for USa.Let me know if I can help you in any way.I look forward to seeing some build pictures

Impatience
#57 Posted : 04 May 2015 15:46:31

Turquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

As they said, Welcome!!! Looking forward to following another Millennium Falcon build!

May the 4th be with you!!!
Current Build: Millennium Falcon
Wish List: Lamborghini Countach LP 500S, Red Bull Racing RB7
colson
#58 Posted : 06 May 2015 19:02:51

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Hey there everyone.

I'm new to this forum. Ordered my Falcon subscription a couple months ago. Just received my second pack yesterday. Been having a blast building this sucker so far. I may do a build diary on the forum, but I do have a build blog if anyone is interested. I plan on decking mine out with working lights throughout, as can be seen in my blog so far. Looking forward to seeing other's builds as well.

Here's my blog

http://falconmodelbuild.blogspot.com

Also, quick question. If anyone is up to issue 9, how many batteries does it use? I'm doing all my additional lighting with 9v, so I want to know if that's gonna work for the included lights or not.
davetwin
#59 Posted : 06 May 2015 21:22:44

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Colson

Welcome to the forum, your build is look good so far Cool You might like o consider opening a build log here Wink to make it easier for everyone to follow your progress.

As for the battery box in issue 9, that takes 4 x AA battiers so would give a 6v power source. I am not able to check at the moment as I am at work but if my memory serves me correctly I am sure it said the battery pack is a test pack, so there is a chance the final power supply could change
Warthog
#60 Posted : 06 May 2015 22:25:09

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: registriert, Registered

A warm welcome to the forum Colson and to everyone else who has jumped on to the Falcon train of fun BigGrin I look forward to seeing your builds come to life Cool

Spencer