Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

16 Pages «<34567>»
Malc's 1/12 Alfa Tipo 158 Options
RM1
#81 Posted : 21 April 2020 13:29:56

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

admin wrote:
MFH kits are wonderful. They will also drive you absolutely batty. Every part needs to be treated as a kit unto itself. But, the results are absolutely worth it. I’m working on the Bugatti T-35 right now, and have done a lot of hacking and sawing on the bodywork.

Hi Mark. You're absolutely correct about these kits driving you batty BigGrin but as they say "no pain no gain" ! That Bugatti T-35 looks interesting. I've got my eye on that for some retail therapy after our lockdown is over. The kit looks less complex than some but I see you are making quite a few upgrades.

Malc.

Kev the Modeller
#82 Posted : 21 April 2020 16:17:15

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Beautiful work as always from you Malc, a pleasure to watch your builds develop and always worthy of comment I must say. Drool ThumpUp

Kev
Per Ardua Ad Astra
RM1
#83 Posted : 22 April 2020 20:31:05

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

roymattblack wrote:
It looks incredible. A really great build. I wish MFH made some kits in 1/8 scale but I guess I'd need a 2nd mortgage to buy one if they did...
LOL
Roy.

Thanks Roy, 1/8 MFH would be quite something. I think even a third mortgage might be in order BigGrin It would also bring the bookshelf down !! these kits weigh a ton !! Laugh
RM1
#84 Posted : 22 April 2020 20:31:55

Kev the Modeller wrote:
Beautiful work as always from you Malc, a pleasure to watch your builds develop and always worthy of comment I must say. Drool ThumpUp

Kev

Thanks for the comments Kev.
Malc.
RM1
#85 Posted : 22 April 2020 20:34:10

The rear suspension also has a single transverse leaf spring as well as friction and hydraulic damping. The resin diff' and gearbox are finished in semi-gloss balck.
RM1 attached the following image(s):
A158-71.jpg
A158-72.jpg
bfam4t6
#86 Posted : 22 April 2020 23:01:02

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Looks great!
-Dustin

“Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail.”
-Leonardo Da Vinci

Currently Building:
Porsche 2.7 RS

Currently Collecting
Jaguar E-Type, Ferrari F40, Ferrari 250 GTO, Lamborghini Miura, Ford GT40, Ecto-1, Japanese Zero, Porsche 917, Lancia Stratos

Kev the Modeller
#87 Posted : 23 April 2020 19:50:10

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Looking great Malc, and all very neat and tidy as usual! Are those gaiters on the half shafts supplied as rubber mouldings or have you painted them to look like rubber?

Nice work, keep it up sir! Drool ThumpUp

Kev.
Per Ardua Ad Astra
RM1
#88 Posted : 24 April 2020 13:11:28

Kev the Modeller wrote:
Looking great Malc, and all very neat and tidy as usual! Are those gaiters on the half shafts supplied as rubber mouldings or have you painted them to look like rubber?

Kev.

Hi Kev. They're rubber mouldings.
Kev the Modeller
#89 Posted : 24 April 2020 15:58:57

RM1 wrote:
Kev the Modeller wrote:

Kev.

Hi Kev. They're rubber mouldings.

Hello Malc,

I thought they were, either that or you've done an exceptional job with some matt/satin paint! Looking good. ThumpUp

Kev.

Per Ardua Ad Astra
RM1
#90 Posted : 27 April 2020 12:43:29

Some first parts of the front end assembled and the engine block located but not secured.
A158-73.jpg
A158-74.jpg
RM1
#91 Posted : 30 April 2020 18:46:04

The body of the radiator has been assembled but the PE is just positioned.
There's was a fair bit of forming done on the pipe that runs from it's top to the engine block.
A158-75.jpg
A158-76.jpg
RM1
#92 Posted : 30 April 2020 18:49:45

Quite a tangle of pipes at the front end. Some small re-bending to be done. It's important with these MFH kits to check and drill all holes before going to far with the assembly.BigGrin
A158-77.jpg
Kev the Modeller
#93 Posted : 04 May 2020 13:30:06

Very nice indeed Malc, taking shape nicely and all looking rather good I must say!! I'm always astounded by the amount of detail included in these MFH kits, and all straight out of the box too - very impressive kits! Cool ThumpUp

Kev.
Per Ardua Ad Astra
Garth
#94 Posted : 05 May 2020 15:02:11

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Hi Malc,
Just catching up.
Fantastic work again!!!

Kind regards,
Garth
"Measure twice, cut once!!!"
Finished!!! HMS Victory,
Current build: Black Pearl.
On hold: Bismarck, Golden Hind, Flying Scotsman, Victory Cross Section, SOTS, Tiger 1.
Wish list: USS Constitution.
Gandale
#95 Posted : 06 May 2020 12:33:37

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Looks fab Malc, love the detail.....Drool Drool

Regards

Alan
bfam4t6
#96 Posted : 06 May 2020 17:16:59

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Still following, and still looking great Malc!

Having done a lot of 1/1 scale wrenching in my life too, this is an impressive automotive design in general. Not sure I'd want the liability of doing a cooling job on one of these Blink LOL
-Dustin

“Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail.”
-Leonardo Da Vinci

Currently Building:
Porsche 2.7 RS

Currently Collecting
Jaguar E-Type, Ferrari F40, Ferrari 250 GTO, Lamborghini Miura, Ford GT40, Ecto-1, Japanese Zero, Porsche 917, Lancia Stratos

roymattblack
#97 Posted : 06 May 2020 19:31:06

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

It just gets better and better.
An amazing build. Keep it coming.Love
RM1
#98 Posted : 06 May 2020 19:51:37

Thanks for looking in and commenting Guys. As Kev mentioned there's a load of detail in these kits.

Here's a first look at the resin body parts. really well made and just about no flashing or mould lines. There's a number of rivets, pins, tubes and magnets to hold it finally in place so I'm doing some trial fits to understand how it will work.BigGrin One thing I want to do is open up the louvres ( and there's a lot of them ) Not really sure how that will go. Advice anyone?
Malc.
A158-78.jpg
A158-79.jpg
A158-80.jpg
A158-81.jpg
Markwarren
#99 Posted : 06 May 2020 20:14:24

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Looking an excellent build. Obviously try on a test piece first, but maybe scoring them out with a fine sharp point as they are recessed. That will also depend on the thickness of the recessed part.

Great build though.Love Drool

Mark
RM1
#100 Posted : 07 May 2020 19:58:51

Markwarren wrote:
Looking an excellent build. Obviously try on a test piece first, but maybe scoring them out with a fine sharp point as they are recessed. That will also depend on the thickness of the recessed part.

Great build though.Love Drool

Mark

Thanks Mark. I've managed to cut through the vents in the two cockpit side panels with a scalpel and then using a strip of 180 grit paper opened up the slot. Tedious but does work. I'll post some pictures on that shortly. The vents in the engine bay sides and bonnet are much thicker and don't allow the scalpel to penetrate. I've also asked the question on another site and am getting some suggestions about grinding from the inside. Interesting challenge.
Malc.