Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

7 Pages «<567
Robi start up issues Options
m0325
#121 Posted : 17 April 2017 20:17:31

Groups: Registered

I have never seen the blue LED on. I took off the top of the head and at rest no light and when I put on the power no light of the blue LED. When I tried to answer Robi's first question no light. What does that mean and what does it suggest I do next?
arpurchase
#122 Posted : 17 April 2017 20:49:38

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Check all the connections are correctly seated and try the stat up again if still no joy contact C/S and order a replacement mic
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

m0325
#123 Posted : 17 April 2017 21:40:04

Thank You. Will get replacement and keep you informed. Is there a trick to unseat the connections at either end of the white and blue cables?
giftek
#124 Posted : 18 April 2017 13:42:37

Ok after completing Robi on start up Robi wakes up sits up and asks a question have tried so many version of Yes or No even recorded the word yes and played it back no response just sits there, have looked through this forum seeing other members with the same issue, rechecked all connections and wiring,removed the circuit board and re connected same problem no response, also noticed the Blue LED on the Microphone circuit board does not come on, should it be on or not. Now when switching on Robi just shouts no idea what, thinking maybe low charge have left him for the day on charge, still just shouts.
arpurchase
#125 Posted : 18 April 2017 22:18:37

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

It sounds like you have a bad battery, contact C/S to get a replacement.
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

giftek
#126 Posted : 19 April 2017 10:58:15

The charging issue found the adapter that plugs to the 2 pin plug was not connection so was not charging replaced it now Robi is fully charged and does not shout, still have issue with Mic not working plus noticed the blue LED on the mic does not work either, Robi just sits there waiting for response
Tomick
#127 Posted : 19 April 2017 12:15:55

Groups:

In that case it sounds very much like a faulty MIC board. Contact c/s for a replacement.
giftek
#128 Posted : 25 April 2017 11:50:54

no joy with customer service only reply so far was to switch of and try again a bit pointless as repeatly gone though this now no reply and no mic replacement so still waiting have again recontact them
Tomick
#129 Posted : 25 April 2017 13:46:12

Groups:

giftek wrote:
no joy with customer service only reply so far was to switch of and try again a bit pointless as repeatly gone though this now no reply and no mic replacement so still waiting have again recontact them
PM your account detail to me and I'll get this organised for you.
m0325
#130 Posted : 26 April 2017 22:45:15

I did receive a new MIC board (img 2222) and same problem of not response after my answer to first question of Yes Robi. I rook of head cover and when I put power on NO blue light and robi awakened and stopped after my reply. I have checked every connection and have attached photos. Can we get a response fro one of the construction engineers as to the meaning of no blue light and loss of responsiveness by Robi as mentioned above. I am open to all suggestions. The only thing I have not replaced is the VR board but I have changed out the blue 5 strand cable.
File Attachment(s):
IMG_0220.jpg (1,909kb) downloaded 55 time(s).
IMG_0221.jpg (1,820kb) downloaded 46 time(s).
Tech
#131 Posted : 16 May 2017 19:18:11

I recieved a new battery and that did not fix my problem. Still having trouble with Robi understanding anything i say. This is not good, me and my kid feeling kind of dissapointed. We have better conversations with Amazon echo and Siri, and those don't cost as much as this unworking robot.

I contacted custmer service and they are sending a new Mic board and speech board. Fingers crossed, hope this fixes the issues.

darbyvet
#132 Posted : 16 May 2017 20:04:12

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

It is really important to speak slowly and clearly to Robi as he asks the first 5 questions.

Here is a link to a youtube video of my Robi waking up.I found if I spoke slowly and fairly loudly he heard me OK.The room does need to be quiet.I have found he struggles to understand you if there is background noise.
For the video I was sitting about 18 inches to Robis right.He responded to all 5 questions for me as long as I spoke slowly.

https://www.youtube.com/...4M&feature=youtu.be

this post has him doing some other stuff

http://forum.us.model-sp...spx?g=posts&t=22629

Carl

Can you make a video of what he does when you wake him up?
He should sit up when he wakes up too.If he is on a slippery surface he may not sit up all the way which will make his mic further away from you.
I have found occasionally I have to lean in a bit closer to him form him to respond.

Tech
#133 Posted : 16 June 2017 21:38:44

We have done everything under the sun to get robi working. I have spoke slow, fast loud, soft, playback of recorded audio, tried it all, should I play audio back in reverse? This is too much at this point.

I took apart and installed new boards and Mic replacements. Same trouble. Managed to get him out of setup with Yes Robi or No Robi ( robi had to be included in yes or no also had to reset SD card)

And that took a while to get him to hear, I am now convenced it is english/translation within the programming/some bad parts. I have a friend with the Japan version and his version does not have any of these problems. everything he ask or speaks in Japanese performs fluidly and correctly. Its night and day between the two.

I had enough, going to return or sell it. It's still sitting as a paper weight at this point, does not work as advertised. Bummer

darbyvet
#134 Posted : 17 June 2017 16:55:07

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Tech,
I sent you a PM.

Carl

Grumbleduke
#135 Posted : 06 September 2017 12:05:35

Hi I also have the problem of Robi not responding to my voice.
I have tried everything suggested but still no joy.
There is one odd thing Robi will sometimes react when I say NO to the 1st question..it will say something about missing 5 episodes which is obviously some sort of joke but after that nothing it just sits there until it shouts something in Japanese (I'm tired?) then I power off recharge and repeat.
Has this been problem been sorted?
Thanks
arpurchase
#136 Posted : 06 September 2017 19:23:45

Hi Grumbleduke

It sounds like you have a duff battery and you need to contact C.S for a replacement. It has been found that if the battery has little charge he sometimes talks in japanese.

Andy

Aerod
#137 Posted : 08 August 2018 16:12:24

Red Medal: Red Medal

As a newcomer to the forum have just finished Robi built from a full kit. Apart from needing a new servo (damaged when removing it) and a new servo test board (connector to servo came off so could not set new servo) everything went fine and I liked the idea of testing after each stage - on one occasion showed a problem from a badly seated servo connector.

I set the IR for the tele as per instructions and then refitted the test card just to be sure all was in order so now was the time to wake him up

On switching on Robi woke up and sat up to start the questions. Oh dear nothing happened when I replied. I tried all the suggestions in this forum topic to no avail - no response Did a bit of brain surgery and removed the top of his head and unfastened the microphone board - still no effect. Tried to see if my wife could get a response - no effect Just about to email customer support when I gave it on last try. BINGO I have no idea what I did differently but persistence seems to have worked
arpurchase
#138 Posted : 08 August 2018 16:51:20

BigGrin Glad you got him sortedCool

delboy271155
#139 Posted : 08 August 2018 17:07:11

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Good to hear.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"