Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

19 Pages «<678910>»
Gibbo's DelPrado Victory Build Options
Gandale
#141 Posted : 02 March 2015 22:30:36

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Lovely work Gibbo, coming along really nicely....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
Gibbo
#142 Posted : 02 March 2015 23:39:04

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

sparks wrote:
Hi Paul,
You're doing some great work there ThumpUp very inventive, keep it up.
Hope you don't mind if I mention the colour of your roundhouses at the bow, it may be the light but they look a very light blue. They would have been painted French Blue which is quite a bit darker.
Just a heads up really, to give you a chance to change it if you want to while its still easily accessible.
Regards
Alan

Hi Alan, thanks for looking in, the roundhouses at the bow are much darker than they look in the photos, the flash always make them look a lot lighter.
Cheers
Paul
Building: DelPrado HMS Victory. Building: DeAgostini Sovereign Of The Seas.
Gibbo
#143 Posted : 02 March 2015 23:41:37

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

stevie_o wrote:
Looking good, nice idea with the cocktail sticks and beadsBigGrin

Steve

Thanks Steve
Gibbo
#144 Posted : 02 March 2015 23:42:05

Gandale wrote:
Lovely work Gibbo, coming along really nicely....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan

Cheers Alan
Hans
#145 Posted : 03 March 2015 12:51:51

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Beautiful job there Gibbo, love the way you revamp or replace the bits and pieces that count. Love it well done.
Rgds, Hans
"It's okay to make mistakes. mistakes are our teachers - they help us to to learn, even if it is painfully"
Current Build:
Endeavour Cross section,D51
Completed: HMS Victory
Under the bench: Endeavour x 2,Sovereign of the Seas, Akagi and The Black Pearl!HMS Victory Cross Section
Gibbo
#146 Posted : 03 March 2015 14:01:24

Hans wrote:
Beautiful job there Gibbo, love the way you revamp or replace the bits and pieces that count. Love it well done.

Thank you Hans
Gibbo
#147 Posted : 07 March 2015 02:02:44

No real work done on The Vic this week but as more tools are coming into house, Proxxon mini bench saw, Proxxon drill stand and looking to add a mini lathe and sander i needed to centralise everything instead of having bits all over the house so i moved myself up into the loft and created "man space", this gives me the option of working up there or bringing down what i need in a small tool box and working on the lounge table.
Gibbo attached the following image(s):
IMG_5044.JPG
sparks
#148 Posted : 07 March 2015 13:55:27

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Hi Paul,
Man space in the loft is good, we all need somewhere to work undisturbed,
but beware the heat as summer approaches BigGrin
Regards
Alan
England expects that every man will do his duty.
Gibbo
#149 Posted : 07 March 2015 15:57:05

sparks wrote:
Hi Paul,
Man space in the loft is good, we all need somewhere to work undisturbed,
but beware the heat as summer approaches BigGrin
Regards
Alan

Thanks for the heads up AlanThumpUp
jase
#150 Posted : 07 March 2015 21:35:30

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

looks goodCool

I have a Proxxon sander on order and then i just need one of these...

http://www.axminster.co.uk/proxxon-fet-table-saw

and I think I am tooled up then

J
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
Plymouth57
#151 Posted : 07 March 2015 22:18:31

Looking great Paul! Cool

I was also going to warn about the summer heat but Sparks beat me to it! (Really strange how all three DelPrados are being built in the loft!!Blink )
If you haven't already got one, and from the lighting I'd suspect not, I'd really recommend having a skylight fitted. I bought one from Screwfix a few years ago for around £70 and Godan (who used to be a prof. carpenterCool ) fitted it in for me. The difference it made was unbelievable, natural light during the daytime and lots of ventilation, the workroom rarely gets above 90 degrees now,Blink , it used to top 120 before Drool (that's not drooling, it's melting!BigGrin )
Honestly though, there were days during the summer when I simply couldn't work up there!
Best of luck with the move, I looked at the link for that 1/100 scale PE and crew etc, I had no idea there was so much stuff out there!

Robin
First wooden ship: The Grimsby 12 Gun 'Frigate' by Constructo Second: Bounty DelPrado Part Works Third: HMS Victory DelPrado Part Works 1/100 scale
Diorama of the Battle of the Brandywine from the American Revolutionary War Diorama of the Battle of New Falkland (unfinished sci-fi), Great War Centenary Diorama of the Messines Ridge Assault
Index for the Victory diary is on page 1
ian smith
#152 Posted : 10 March 2015 14:40:49

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Paul.
Looking Very Nice. some great ideas been usrd well done.
IanCool Cool
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.
Gibbo
#153 Posted : 14 March 2015 00:09:22

jase wrote:
looks goodCool

I have a Proxxon sander on order and then i just need one of these...

http://www.axminster.co.uk/proxxon-fet-table-saw

and I think I am tooled up then

J

Now that is a nice bit of kit, hope it comes your way soon.
Gibbo
#154 Posted : 14 March 2015 00:25:22

Plymouth57 wrote:
Looking great Paul! Cool

I was also going to warn about the summer heat but Sparks beat me to it! (Really strange how all three DelPrados are being built in the loft!!Blink )
If you haven't already got one, and from the lighting I'd suspect not, I'd really recommend having a skylight fitted. I bought one from Screwfix a few years ago for around £70 and Godan (who used to be a prof. carpenterCool ) fitted it in for me. The difference it made was unbelievable, natural light during the daytime and lots of ventilation, the workroom rarely gets above 90 degrees now,Blink , it used to top 120 before Drool (that's not drooling, it's melting!BigGrin )
Honestly though, there were days during the summer when I simply couldn't work up there!
Best of luck with the move, I looked at the link for that 1/100 scale PE and crew etc, I had no idea there was so much stuff out there!

Robin

Hi Robin, thanks for the advice, i think once i get to the mast stage i will be working downstairs as i dont think it will go through the loft hatch, well not yet anyway, i'll have to take some flooring up and move a roof strut first, but a few things to do around the house before that happens, Jo doesn't moan at me at all but i think she'll have something to say about that one, the PE stuff looks really cool and i'm looking forward to getting to use it but still trying to figure out the bow area, NOTHING FITS, damn you DelPrado.Cursing
Gibbo
#155 Posted : 14 March 2015 00:33:49

ian smith wrote:
Hi Paul.
Looking Very Nice. some great ideas been usrd well done.
IanCool Cool

Thanks for looking in Ian, looking at your cabins has given me some inspiration to re-do mine, i think i am going to use computer graphics to create mine as everything is already in and there is very little room to move around in there, first i have to get a small hacksaw blade in there to cut out a crossbeam to make life a bit easier, enjoying your build Ian, looking forward to seeing more.
regards
Paul
Plymouth57
#156 Posted : 14 March 2015 22:28:30

I know exactly what you mean about the bow Paul! Apart from the two cast metal 'curvy bits' (I must learn the proper names!) I completely rebuilt mine, half of the Head Timber struts were missing from the kit anyways! I got my dimensions from the downloadable Jotika website instruction pdf's. By sheer coincidence, when I printed off the sheet with the head timbers drawn out they came out exactly the right scale for the DelPrado. If I remember rightly, the two aft most ones went in exactly but I had to play around with the foremost one to marry up the curve of the bow.Crying
That's a good point about the loft hatch! I've checked mine and fortunately there will be enough room to get her down when finished BigGrin , comes from living in a 1950's built house I think! She will need a Mary Rose-esque cradle to support her journey though!Blink
I like that idea about the cgi cabins, theoretically, if you had a photo of the real thing taken from straight down the middle and from behind the wheel at 90 degrees for the side cabins you could print that off onto high quality photo paper and it would look incredible in under the poop deck! Cool Just remember to remove any modern 'no entry' and health and safety signs first!!BigGrin

Lovely work!

Robin
First wooden ship: The Grimsby 12 Gun 'Frigate' by Constructo Second: Bounty DelPrado Part Works Third: HMS Victory DelPrado Part Works 1/100 scale
Diorama of the Battle of the Brandywine from the American Revolutionary War Diorama of the Battle of New Falkland (unfinished sci-fi), Great War Centenary Diorama of the Messines Ridge Assault
Index for the Victory diary is on page 1
arpurchase
#157 Posted : 14 March 2015 22:55:01

BigGrin You forgot about all the 'mind your head' signs BigGrin Blink Cool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

ian smith
#158 Posted : 16 March 2015 13:52:33

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Paul.
Look forward to seeing your revamp cabins. sorry to be a pain and give you more work IanBigGrin
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.
Gibbo
#159 Posted : 17 March 2015 20:13:35

Plymouth57 wrote:
I know exactly what you mean about the bow Paul! Apart from the two cast metal 'curvy bits' (I must learn the proper names!) I completely rebuilt mine, half of the Head Timber struts were missing from the kit anyways! I got my dimensions from the downloadable Jotika website instruction pdf's. By sheer coincidence, when I printed off the sheet with the head timbers drawn out they came out exactly the right scale for the DelPrado. If I remember rightly, the two aft most ones went in exactly but I had to play around with the foremost one to marry up the curve of the bow.Crying
That's a good point about the loft hatch! I've checked mine and fortunately there will be enough room to get her down when finished BigGrin , comes from living in a 1950's built house I think! She will need a Mary Rose-esque cradle to support her journey though!Blink
I like that idea about the cgi cabins, theoretically, if you had a photo of the real thing taken from straight down the middle and from behind the wheel at 90 degrees for the side cabins you could print that off onto high quality photo paper and it would look incredible in under the poop deck! Cool Just remember to remove any modern 'no entry' and health and safety signs first!!BigGrin

Lovely work!

Robin

Hi Robin, great idea about the photo's, will have to look into that one, i'll have a look at some that iv'e taken and spark's photo's and scour the internet and see what we come up with, thanks for the input and the jokita site, iv'e just got that up and now iv'e run out of ink.
Cheers
Paul

Gibbo
#160 Posted : 17 March 2015 20:15:40

ian smith wrote:
Hi Paul.
Look forward to seeing your revamp cabins. sorry to be a pain and give you more work IanBigGrin

I dont mind the work Ian, anything that's gonna help make a silk purse is all good.
Cheers
Paul