Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

8 Pages «<678
Bobs Victory Masterpiece (ha ha) Options
farrabass
#141 Posted : 18 July 2012 11:43:04

Groups:

Very nice indeed.
Finished at last! whew! What an ending, a beutiful piece of art to display somewhere in your home.
I bet there is a slight tinge of dissappointment that you have come to the end of this build?. But at least you have got your kits waiting to be done in reserve, don't be a stranger on the forum because this build is finished, I for one look forward to your next offering.
Keep on building, all the best, Steve..
arpurchase
#142 Posted : 18 July 2012 17:53:26

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

BigGrin Congratulations Bob and well doneCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Dontshootme
#143 Posted : 18 July 2012 20:41:28

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Absolutely brilliant Bob,you have had a remarkable journey building her with your medical problems,I hope things are still improving for you.
As Steve said don't be a stranger on the forum,you are an inspiration to us all,especially those with disabilities,you CAN overcome problems & build a superb display piece with a lot of determination & perseverance...you sir are living proof!!
Yours in awe
Rob
Rob Nolli Illigitimi Carborundum!!!
Current Builds:HMS Victory,SV Thermopylae
saintsman123
#144 Posted : 19 July 2012 14:35:12

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

more nice comments, thanks guys.

i just want to add something here. i have managed to get the delprado bounty and cutty sark plus the titanic all off ebay. the sad thing about these three purchases is that they were all sold by the daughters of someone who passed away. all three kits were from different sellers and all said that their fathers had collected these kits to build in their retirement.

so the point is if you are collecting to build later, then maybe you should rethink and start now.

suffering myself from various medical problems most especially the limited use of my right hand i want to build as much as i can now, because i know in the future i am not going to be able to make any models the way things are going.

so if you have planned to build later............don't..........start now, especially with the help available here on the forum, who knows if that help will still be here in 5, 10, 15 years when you retire.
Come on you Jimmies
Tomick
#145 Posted : 19 July 2012 16:09:29

Groups:

The other thing is that if they are stored for years on end and parts then lost or broken, it can then be very difficult to find replacements.
ian smith
#146 Posted : 28 August 2012 15:26:36

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Bob.
Realy fantastic build. she looks great. have you got any more ship builds planned. Ian Cool
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.
saintsman123
#147 Posted : 28 August 2012 16:12:56

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

thanks ian, there are a few others in the pipeline, i'll post some pics once they are eventually finished.
Come on you Jimmies
ian smith
#148 Posted : 30 August 2012 13:07:41

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

hi Bob.
Look forward to seeing Pictures Ian.
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.
underhill
#149 Posted : 09 September 2012 17:43:51

Good Morning/Afteroon Bob

I see it is all finished, well done. I just thought I would say hello as I have some personal internet access at the moment. I will pop in and have a good look at in on my return.