Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

20 Pages «<7891011>»
Admirals HMS Sovereign of the seas adventure Options
Gandale
#161 Posted : 29 March 2013 23:35:36

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Admiral Anti Spiral wrote:
Gandale wrote:
Hi Admiral, so that is what she looks like fully planked... very nice work there...BigGrin You have enough room in there to be able to fit the dummy gun supports etc, think it would be a little tight for space.... Cannons looking good too, well done....BigGrin BigGrin

Regards

Alan

Many thanks alan, yup i was able to fit the gun supports in, couldn't fit the clamps in but managed to keep them in place to dry from the glue by just using some of the left over bamboo to push them in place against the frames, tempted to plank the bottom of the hull but i think i need to practice the art of patience Bored

LOL LOL Admiral.... this hobby is all about having lots of patience but lets be honest.... who the heck has that when it comes to building these ships....Blink Blink Blink .... Try taking a nap.....

Regards

Alan
Admiral Anti Spiral
#162 Posted : 31 March 2013 16:48:25

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Just testing the camera again, hoping to show some detail of the cannons.
Still need to add some eyebolts though not sure where.
The rod for the wheels is a bit long but i kind of like it that way, to me it adds more detail.

Processing - Progressing

Previous builds: HMS Victory
Current build: HMS Sovereign of the seas
Gandale
#163 Posted : 31 March 2013 20:57:56

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Nicely done Admiral.... how many more is there!!!!...

Regards

Alan
Admiral Anti Spiral
#164 Posted : 02 April 2013 00:28:29

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Gandale wrote:
Nicely done Admiral.... how many more is there!!!!...

Regards

Alan

ahahah its not as bad as i thought doing the cannons, gives me something to do while waiting for other issues, adding all the blocks and rope will be a pain though!
Processing - Progressing

Admiral Anti Spiral
#165 Posted : 09 April 2013 17:52:16

Rear view

Pieces arn't as flimsy as i thought, had to get rid of some of the black paint because i've noticed wood glue wont stick as well against smooth paint, but im happy with the out come. But i think the windows to come will overlap the areas on the sides which arn't cut out due to the frame, maybe i'll file/sand it out later on in the build.
Processing - Progressing

Admiral Anti Spiral
#166 Posted : 09 April 2013 17:56:36

I've had a go at planking with the second layer, not much, just to get a grip of how it will be, its glued on with a verryy thin layer of glue so its no problem removing it, just testing the look and how it will be when we finally start the planking.

I dont believe theres any cannons to be placed at the very rear so i could carry on, but i think i'll leave it here and wait for the magazine in the coming weeks.

Processing - Progressing

Martyn Ingram
#167 Posted : 09 April 2013 20:59:16

BigGrin Wow looking good we like we likeLove Love
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
Gandale
#168 Posted : 09 April 2013 22:40:02

Very nice indeed Admiral... Think I would refrain from doing any more modifications to the gallery until I was certain of what was to follow. I do know there are additional panels to be fitted all around the gallery that will cover all you have done so far..... Hope you don't mind me saying.....Cool Cool . Keep up the good work and keep posting ...... BigGrin BigGrin

Regards

Alan
Hans
#169 Posted : 10 April 2013 08:58:59

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Stunning work there Admiral. Watching with interest. Keep the pic coming.
Rgds, Hans
"It's okay to make mistakes. mistakes are our teachers - they help us to to learn, even if it is painfully"
Current Build:
Endeavour Cross section,D51
Completed: HMS Victory
Under the bench: Endeavour x 2,Sovereign of the Seas, Akagi and The Black Pearl!HMS Victory Cross Section
Taz
#170 Posted : 10 April 2013 09:15:44

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Admiral
Following your build very closely,excellent work.Drool

Regards

Daz.
“Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears.”

Admiral Anti Spiral
#171 Posted : 10 April 2013 14:45:12

Martyn Ingram wrote:
BigGrin Wow looking good we like we likeLove Love

ahah thank you thank youBigGrin
Processing - Progressing

Admiral Anti Spiral
#172 Posted : 10 April 2013 14:48:57

Gandale wrote:
Very nice indeed Admiral... Think I would refrain from doing any more modifications to the gallery until I was certain of what was to follow. I do know there are additional panels to be fitted all around the gallery that will cover all you have done so far..... Hope you don't mind me saying.....Cool Cool . Keep up the good work and keep posting ...... BigGrin BigGrin

Regards

Alan

thank you alan, and nope i dont mind, i understand theres more to come, im just going to have to cut window shape holes in the other panels coming, but yes i'll be stopping here and try to catch up with the magazines, thank you for your comment :)
Processing - Progressing

Admiral Anti Spiral
#173 Posted : 10 April 2013 14:52:39

Thank you very much Hans and Daz :)
Processing - Progressing

MWG
#174 Posted : 10 April 2013 16:32:19

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Very nice workBigGrin Kind regards Mike
MWG BUILD DIARIES: HMS VICTORY, SOVEREIGN OF THE SEAS, SAN FRANCISCO II, HMS HOOD, HMS ENDEAVOUR LONGBOAT, HMS VICTORY X-SECTION, 007 DB5, NISSAN GTR, CUTTY SARK, RB7, AKAGI, BARK HMS ENDEAVOUR, HUMMER H1, MITSUBISHI ZERO.

Admiral Anti Spiral
#175 Posted : 12 April 2013 15:28:57

MWG wrote:
Very nice workBigGrin Kind regards Mike

Thanks Mike BigGrin
Processing - Progressing

claret
#176 Posted : 28 April 2013 11:40:36

Great work.

Regards
Claret
Also working on:
SOTS.
Moebius 1/32 Flying Sub with PE & lights.

Waiting in the wings:
Polarlights Spindrift from Land of the Giants.

finished:
007 Iconic DB5.
Admiral Anti Spiral
#177 Posted : 28 April 2013 14:42:00

claret wrote:
Great work.

Regards
Claret

Thanks Claret :)
Processing - Progressing

NMBROOK
#178 Posted : 28 April 2013 20:10:57

Groups:

Nice clean work admiral I see you have your lines ready for the gunport marking saga forthcoming
Regards Nigel
Admiral Anti Spiral
#179 Posted : 04 May 2013 15:47:14

Many thanks Nigel, only one more side to do though BigGrin

Update on progress so far.

Marked out the gun ports, Made 4 holes in each corner with a router, very cheap but does the job perfectly, then cut down the sides with a tamiya razor saw, very good tool, but what i sometimes dont like about the razor saws is they sometimes go off course and not in a straight line.Mellow

After that cleaned them up with the blade and sanded them down with both a needle file and some sand paper on a square block.

Some of them were a bit off and at the wrong angle but i fixed some of them by just adding some thin strips of spare wood, they're not all 10000% perfect, but they're all 13mmx12mm give or take 0.5mm, but its only something you'd notice right close up BigGrin

Decided to work on planking the stern hull, not completely yet, just working on it, leaving 0.5mm gaps because i might want to add some weathering so they stand out.

Time for the images BigGrin

Processing - Progressing

NMBROOK
#180 Posted : 04 May 2013 16:04:10

Groups:

Looking good,shes starting to come alive nowBigGrin You have the start of some lovely sweeping lines on the stern planking.You have set yourself a task with the half mil gap,I just did my caulking with pencil(well actually a lot of pencilsLOL LOL) before fitting but im not painting mine.
Kind Regards
Nigel