Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Remote control Options
s3mps81
#1 Posted : 25 February 2014 16:05:59

Groups: Registered

Does this come with all the radio gear ie transmitter and reciever controller
arpurchase
#2 Posted : 25 February 2014 16:14:16

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Hi s3mps81

All the radio gear comprising of transmiter and reciever is provided in the last shipment of the serie's with instructions for the fitting of it too. The servo's are provided when needed as the build progresses.
regards
AndyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

s3mps81
#3 Posted : 25 February 2014 16:20:42

Cheers Andy looks like I'll be subscribing to this then should be a good build
kenjara
#4 Posted : 19 March 2014 13:37:24

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I was just looking through the build diary and was quite surprised to see it comes with a 27Mhz radio system. That will not be going any where near my model. I'll have to buy a 2.4Ghz Receiver instead.
Finished 3D Printer, RB7, Hummer, Skyrider drone & Combat tank collection

http://www.model-space.com/gb/
GilShapley
#5 Posted : 19 March 2014 20:27:13

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Kenjara

As a newbe to RC I was intrigued by your comment.

I would expect all kit supplied to be right for the build

Can you expand on you post

Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused
Current Build:-
[color=blue]Stash Avro Lancaster (Full Kit)plus some extra issues I picked up at a good price
[color=blue]Built:- Norman Catapult by Mantua,Roman Catapult by Mantua,HMS Victory,HMS Victory XSection,Focker DB1,Bismark,English Carronade Titanic Lifeboat,American Civil War Gatling,Hummer,Sopwith Camel F1,Occre Jupiter ,OcCre Wagon, Latina Arab Dhow, Eaglemass Orrery OcCre Rogers 119 [color=red][color=red]RB7,OcCre Missippi River Boat, Model Airways Fokker DR1
OcCre London L>C>C 106 Ugears Scrambler, Ugears Hexapod Explorer UGears Off-Road Vehicle
Tomick
#6 Posted : 19 March 2014 20:53:15

Groups:

It is right for the build, but is not latest 2.4Ghz technology as per the RB7 radio gear, and is common practice to swop out 27Mhz radio gear for something better if you want better.
DJS
#7 Posted : 19 March 2014 21:15:09

Turquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

The radio spectrum is saturated with traffic and to allow the safe operating of models certain bands are allocated to modellers and equipment manufacturers. The power of the transmitter is also regulated.

Radio control sets operate on bands, if my ever ageing memory serves me correctly then currently in the UK the following bands are approved for use:

27 Mhz - General
35 Mhz - Aircraft Only
40 Mhz - Surface Models Only
433 Mhz - Telemetry
459 Mhz - General

2.4 Ghz - General

General can be used for anything, Surface (typically Cars and Boats) and Aircraft are model specific.

Within these bands are spot frequencies which are controlled by crystals, synthesised control or automatic switching.

27 Mhz used to have 6 spot frequencies (either denoted by a number or colour for the original 6), but newer equipment may support 32.

These would mean that 6 models could be operated could be operated in the same location at the same time on 27 Mhz under the old system.

If two people are using the same spot frequency at the same time their model would not know which is the genuine signal which may cause it to go out of control. Whilst not so dangerous for surface models this can be fatal with model aircraft.

To change to a unused spot frequency would require the matching pair of crystals to changed in both the transmitter and receiver.

2.4 Ghz equipment is capable of auto negotiating and switching spot channels, removing the need to change crystals. However there is also a train of thought that this channel is saturated, your wi-fi router, remote controls and all sorts of low powered stuff use it.

So in short there is nothing wrong with 27 Mhz equipment for surface model operation, unless there are more than 6 or 32 of you in close proximity wishing to use your model at the same time.

Hope this helps

Dave

GilShapley
#8 Posted : 19 March 2014 22:06:10

Thanks for the clarification folks

It never ceases to amaze me the depth of knowledge and willingness of people to share and advise

BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

Current Build:-
[color=blue]Stash Avro Lancaster (Full Kit)plus some extra issues I picked up at a good price
[color=blue]Built:- Norman Catapult by Mantua,Roman Catapult by Mantua,HMS Victory,HMS Victory XSection,Focker DB1,Bismark,English Carronade Titanic Lifeboat,American Civil War Gatling,Hummer,Sopwith Camel F1,Occre Jupiter ,OcCre Wagon, Latina Arab Dhow, Eaglemass Orrery OcCre Rogers 119 [color=red][color=red]RB7,OcCre Missippi River Boat, Model Airways Fokker DR1
OcCre London L>C>C 106 Ugears Scrambler, Ugears Hexapod Explorer UGears Off-Road Vehicle
kenjara
#9 Posted : 20 March 2014 00:04:15

There are major advantages to 2.4ghz. It doesn't matter how many people turn up on 27mhz. If any one has the same crystal then you would conflict.

2.4ghz makes all of that hastle free with automatic channel hopping.

I never have to ask my friends what channel they are on because we use 2.4ghz.

If someone comes in to the park with another car I don't need to worry about what channel they are on or if they will suddenly take control of my car.

I find I have never had signal loss with it and use it on cars, planes and helicopters. For a nitro vehicle you want to do everything possible to ensure you remain in control as they can cause real damage.

The comment about WiFi using the same frequency is somewhat moot. Wifi is limited to a few channels depending on router.

It is extremely unlikely to cause any conflicts even in a built up area. Its not really broadcast heavily in places outdoors parks etc. On top of that wifi is slowly moving to 5ghz and easy people get newer devices 2.4gz use will drop.

Another major advantage is that aerials on both the transmitter and receiver are both much shorter. This is good for you so you don't have massive metal pole in your face and good for the model as you don't have an unrealistically large aerial sticking out of it.

On all my 2.4Ghz cars the aerial is completely hidden beneath the body.
Finished 3D Printer, RB7, Hummer, Skyrider drone & Combat tank collection

http://www.model-space.com/gb/
Carochris1322
#10 Posted : 02 May 2014 20:54:41

Hi all
As I will not be firing up the rb7(show only) can I use the radio gear from this for the hummer if so what will I need to do
Regards Chris
arpurchase
#11 Posted : 02 May 2014 21:02:08

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Hi Carocris
It should be no more than a straight swop of the recievers as the servo's and power lead will just plug into either one
regards
AndyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

kingkozy
#12 Posted : 05 July 2014 20:50:14

I'm thinking of converting mine to an electric motor, Gas is messy and will make my neighbors mad. Is there any one else that has done this or has interest?

Gina
Supaheli
#13 Posted : 01 August 2014 15:31:38

kingkozy wrote:
I'm thinking of converting mine to an electric motor, Gas is messy and will make my neighbors mad. Is there any one else that has done this or has interest?

Gina
have you asked them if they will mind if you play with your nitro powered fourbie for a few hours...nitro fuel is not messy if you pour it in without spilling it...besides that it evaporates if spilt.
Supaheli