Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

27 Pages «<2223242526>»
George1 Build Options
arpurchase
#461 Posted : 23 August 2014 09:34:10

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

BigGrin Coming along nicely GeorgeCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Gandale
#462 Posted : 23 August 2014 10:05:16

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

She's looking good George, pretty soon you will have the hull closed up and can start planking the upper section...... Well done, keep those pics coming..... Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
jonny7england
#463 Posted : 23 August 2014 11:37:24

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Great work mate!! ThumpUp
Current Builds: Deagostini HMS Victory: Deagostini HMS Sovereign of the seas. Completed Builds: Del Prado: HMAS Bounty: Hachette: RMS Titanic: Del Prado: Cutty Sark...
birdaj2
#464 Posted : 23 August 2014 13:13:26

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

George

Very well done that planking is looking excellant.

You are heading for a fantastic model at this rate and I shall be following your build with great interest.

Happy modelling

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
George1
#465 Posted : 23 August 2014 17:01:30

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

arpurchase wrote:
BigGrin Coming along nicely GeorgeCool

Hi Andy. BigGrin

Thanks for looking and your kind comments. It is appreciated greatly. Cool Cool

Regards

George
Building HMS SOTS
George1
#466 Posted : 23 August 2014 17:03:49

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Gandale wrote:
She's looking good George, pretty soon you will have the hull closed up and can start planking the upper section...... Well done, keep those pics coming..... Cool Cool

Regards

Alan

Hi Alan. BigGrin

Thanks for the comments they are appreciated greatly. Cool Cool

Yes I'm looking forwards to planking upper section. BigGrin

Regards

George
Building HMS SOTS
George1
#467 Posted : 23 August 2014 17:05:10

jonny7england wrote:
Great work mate!! ThumpUp

Hi Jonny. BigGrin

Thanks for looking in and your kind comments. As always greatly appreciated. Cool Cool

Regards

George.
Building HMS SOTS
George1
#468 Posted : 23 August 2014 17:07:48

birdaj2 wrote:
George

Very well done that planking is looking excellant.

You are heading for a fantastic model at this rate and I shall be following your build with great interest.

Happy modelling

Tony

Hi Tony. BigGrin

Thanks for looking in and your very kind comments. They are as always greatly appreciated. Cool Cool

It could be better in a few spots, but I'm learning. BigGrin

Regards

George
Building HMS SOTS
John Passmore
#469 Posted : 30 August 2014 16:25:07

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi George

Your planking is looking really good mate, you're quite a way ahead of me, but I'll get some pics of Aug progress onto my thread in a day or two...Cool

I'm still missing issue 21 but think I may well manage without it. Just hope the same thing doesn't happen further down the track with critical issues...Mellow. I've been reading of Brex's supply problems and it is very concerning...Huh Huh

Regards
JohnP
George1
#470 Posted : 31 August 2014 03:26:31

John Passmore wrote:
Hi George

Your planking is looking really good mate, you're quite a way ahead of me, but I'll get some pics of Aug progress onto my thread in a day or two...Cool

I'm still missing issue 21 but think I may well manage without it. Just hope the same thing doesn't happen further down the track with critical issues...Mellow. I've been reading of Brex's supply problems and it is very concerning...Huh Huh

Regards
JohnP

Hi John. BigGrin

Thanks for kind words mate. Cool Cool

Yes it is concerning regarding missing issues. Even worse than if you miss a weeks issue, but get it in correct order the following week. Anyway I think I've probably said enough on the issue of the issues.BigGrin Laugh

Will be posting more pics on current update possibly tommorrow or late tonight.BigGrin

Regards

George
Building HMS SOTS
George1
#471 Posted : 31 August 2014 12:15:25

Where I am to date.BigGrin

Again not enough planks to finish off hull. Just 3 or 4 more and done. Mellow

Cleaned up Stern and other pics show extent of planks leaving just that small gap. Even used up longest off cuts. BigGrin

Regards

George
Building HMS SOTS
Gandale
#472 Posted : 31 August 2014 12:43:10

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Super job George, she's looking really good.. Any little gaps you see will disappear when you get down to the filling and sanding stage... Main thing here is you have a very nice overall shape now that shows her flowing lines.... Once filled and sanded the second layer will go on a lot easier..... Cool Cool Cool .. Very well done George....

Regards

Alan
stevie_o
#473 Posted : 31 August 2014 13:43:49

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

karl1113
#474 Posted : 31 August 2014 14:47:06

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

yep george,looking smart.BigGrin
Current builds: SotS, USS Consitution, San Felipe, D51 loco, HMS Surprise, RB7, Arab Dhow, Jotika HMS Victory
Completed builds: HMS Pickel, Thermopylae, Mississipi river boat, Mary Rose, Cutty Sark, San Francisco II, HMS Victory x5, Titanic Lifeboat, Panart HMS Victory Launch, Hachette Titanic, Virginia Schooner, Endeavour Longboat.

http://www.model-space.com/gb/
George1
#475 Posted : 31 August 2014 15:18:27

Gandale wrote:
Super job George, she's looking really good.. Any little gaps you see will disappear when you get down to the filling and sanding stage... Main thing here is you have a very nice overall shape now that shows her flowing lines.... Once filled and sanded the second layer will go on a lot easier..... Cool Cool Cool .. Very well done George....

Regards

Alan

Hi Alan. BigGrin

Thanks for the great comments. As always they are greatly appreciated.Cool Cool

I'm a little disappointed not enough planks to close off the hull as I was hoping, but next issue will certainly do the job. BigGrin

Regards

George
Building HMS SOTS
George1
#476 Posted : 31 August 2014 15:20:32

stevie_o wrote:
Nice planking George, looking goodBigGrin

Steve

Hi Steve. BigGrin

Thanks for looking in and your kind comments. All appreciated very much. Cool Cool

Regards

George
Building HMS SOTS
George1
#477 Posted : 31 August 2014 15:22:23

karl1113 wrote:
yep george,looking smart.BigGrin

Hi Karl. BigGrin

Thanks for looking in and your kind comments. As always appreciated greatly. Cool Cool

I'll be glad when I finally start the upper planking. BigGrin

Regards

George
Building HMS SOTS
George1
#478 Posted : 05 September 2014 12:01:13

Finally filled hull. Won't say I'm sorry it's done at last.BigGrin

Now for some upper planking. BigGrin

Regards

George
Building HMS SOTS
stevie_o
#479 Posted : 05 September 2014 12:08:42

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

davetwin
#480 Posted : 05 September 2014 12:11:51

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Lovely looking job George ThumpUp