robbyrob60 attached the following image(s):
image.jpg
robbyrob60
#62 Posted : 10 September 2014 19:29:06

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

karl1113 wrote:
very nicely done.Cool

Many thanks Karl trying my best I think it will be many years before I can compete with all you pro's but I am enjoying the build by the way will you be taking on the submarine what is advertised on TV looks quite a big build and about 3 feet long Rob
robbyrob60
#63 Posted : 11 September 2014 13:26:37

Decided to have my upper quarterdeck hatch slightly open for a bit more of an affect.
File Attachment(s):
image.jpg (675kb) downloaded 9 time(s).
robbyrob60
#64 Posted : 11 September 2014 13:37:48

Hopefully this will show
image.jpg
davetwin
#65 Posted : 11 September 2014 19:33:43

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Thats a very neat looking build Robby

Keep up the great work Cool
jonny7england
#66 Posted : 11 September 2014 19:41:35

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Looking really good Rob!! ThumpUp
Current Builds: Deagostini HMS Victory: Deagostini HMS Sovereign of the seas. Completed Builds: Del Prado: HMAS Bounty: Hachette: RMS Titanic: Del Prado: Cutty Sark...
robbyrob60
#67 Posted : 11 September 2014 21:30:40

davetwin wrote:
Thats a very neat looking build Robby

Keep up the great work Cool

Many thanks Dave it's been a lot harder than I thought though Rob
robbyrob60
#68 Posted : 11 September 2014 21:35:32

jonny7england wrote:
Looking really good Rob!! ThumpUp

Thanks John it's nice to see others taking the time to look in many thanks Rob
stevie_o
#69 Posted : 11 September 2014 21:44:02

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

robbyrob60
#70 Posted : 11 September 2014 21:49:40

stevie_o wrote:
Some very nice work there Rob, really like the idea of the open hatch tooBigGrin

Steve

Thanks for your comments Steve and yeah I like the hatch open it just gives it a bit more life many thanks Rob
Gandale
#71 Posted : 11 September 2014 22:16:28

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Hi Rob, you're coming up with some really nice personal touches..... she's looking great.....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
robbyrob60
#72 Posted : 11 September 2014 23:19:49

Gandale wrote:
Hi Rob, you're coming up with some really nice personal touches..... she's looking great.....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan

Thanks Alan,also I read your comment on issue 77 which is one of my next magazines so I will leave that until I get the horse so many thanks Rob it just goes to show how valuable this forum can be.
Gandale
#73 Posted : 11 September 2014 23:35:59

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

robbyrob60 wrote:
Gandale wrote:

Regards

Alan

Thanks Alan,also I read your comment on issue 77 which is one of my next magazines so I will leave that until I get the horse so many thanks Rob it just goes to show how valuable this forum can be.

Hi Rob, am pleased my post has come in useful for you, at least its one pitfall you can avoid..... Helping each other is one of the most wonderful things about this forum, most members are of a like mind especially with the more experienced builders who have forgotten that they were novices at one time or other.... rivet counters are few and far between here....

As for the holes in the side of your hull, like I said, you are coming up with some interesting touches to your build to make it unique to you..... The holes do enable you to see the work you have put in with the detail in the lower holds and I think it looks great.... If it were me then I would have been tempted to do some skeleton planking between the ribs along one side of the hull to show the interior but that's just a personal choice..... What I love about this hobby is the freedom you have to do what you want to do, after all it is your build and if you are happy with it then that is all that matters.... You keep doing as you are doing, you're doing a great job..... Keep posting as I'll keep following..... Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
robbyrob60
#74 Posted : 12 September 2014 10:31:15

Gandale wrote:
robbyrob60 wrote:
Gandale wrote:

Regards

Alan

Hi Rob, am pleased my post has come in useful for you, at least its one pitfall you can avoid..... Helping each other is one of the most wonderful things about this forum, most members are of a like mind especially with the more experienced builders who have forgotten that they were novices at one time or other.... rivet counters are few and far between here....

As for the holes in the side of your hull, like I said, you are coming up with some interesting touches to your build to make it unique to you..... The holes do enable you to see the work you have put in with the detail in the lower holds and I think it looks great.... If it were me then I would have been tempted to do some skeleton planking between the ribs along one side of the hull to show the interior but that's just a personal choice..... What I love about this hobby is the freedom you have to do what you want to do, after all it is your build and if you are happy with it then that is all that matters.... You keep doing as you are doing, you're doing a great job..... Keep posting as I'll keep following..... Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
[many thanks Alan much appreciated Rob
robbyrob60
#75 Posted : 17 September 2014 13:40:27

Decided to change the parapets on upper quaterdeck although the measurements were correct it just looked wrong to me so I had to redo it , and I changed the uprights to the thicker ones, and with a bit of luck we will have before and after photos fingers crossed.
File Attachment(s):
image.jpg (611kb) downloaded 6 time(s).
robbyrob60
#76 Posted : 17 September 2014 13:48:03

The old one
image.jpg
robbyrob60
#77 Posted : 17 September 2014 13:49:58

The new
File Attachment(s):
image.jpg (611kb) downloaded 21 time(s).
robbyrob60
#78 Posted : 17 September 2014 20:35:21

I have a question for anyone, would or did ships from this era have any kind of lighting on the mast many thanks Rob
Gandale
#79 Posted : 18 September 2014 00:39:53

Lovely work Rob, now giving me food for thought as to whether I want to change mine or not...... Blink Blink .. Keep it going and keep posting....

As for your light question, not sure but will see what I can find out.....

Regards

Alan
robbyrob60
#80 Posted : 18 September 2014 14:01:14

Gandale wrote:
Lovely work Rob, now giving me food for thought as to whether I want to change mine or not...... Blink Blink .. Keep it going and keep posting....

As for your light question, not sure but will see what I can find out.....

Regards

Alan

Thanks Alan I just couldn't live with the parapets that low so I had to change them, and any information regarding the lights will be very much appreciate many thanks Rob