Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages 123>»
Dokta´s McLaren MP4/4 Options
DaDokta
#1 Posted : 10 April 2014 09:40:32

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

As i received my first shipment this week (the abo is just starting in Austria), i couldn`t resist and start the build immediately.

So here are my fist pictures:

What a huge model this will be!

Greetings,
DaDokta
DaDokta attached the following image(s):
IMG_5031.JPG
IMG_5032.JPG
IMG_5033.JPG
IMG_5034.JPG
Greetings,
Walter

Present builds:
Revell B-24D Liberator 1:48

On the shelf:
Italeri "Fiat Mefistofele", Italeri "Moto Guzzi California", Fokker "Red Baron", Revell Bismarck, Revell Tirpitz, Arab Dow, Stage Coach, .....

Completed builds:
McLaren MP4/4, D-51 Steam Locomotive, HMS Victory, GWH F-15D Eagle, St. Stephen`s Cathedral (cardboard), Solar-powered paddle Steamer (little project with my son), HMS Victory X-section, "Geli" Phantom II (cardboard)
Tomick
#2 Posted : 10 April 2014 10:13:42

Groups:

Good to see another MP4/4 underway Cool
DaDokta
#3 Posted : 06 June 2014 07:51:40

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

A little update:
IMG_5126.JPG
IMG_5127.JPG
Greetings,
Walter

Present builds:

On the shelf:
Italeri "Fiat Mefistofele", Italeri "Moto Guzzi California", Fokker "Red Baron", Revell Bismarck, Revell Tirpitz, Arab Dow, Stage Coach, .....

Completed builds:
McLaren MP4/4, D-51 Steam Locomotive, HMS Victory, GWH F-15D Eagle, St. Stephen`s Cathedral (cardboard), Solar-powered paddle Steamer (little project with my son), HMS Victory X-section, "Geli" Phantom II (cardboard)
Steve279021
#4 Posted : 06 June 2014 09:18:02

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I like the idea of putting the marlboro decals on the rear wing before assembling it. I was going to wait and do them all at the end but I think that the rear wing will be a lot easier to do before assembling.
Senna mclaren mp4/4 build complete mp4/4 build http://forum.model-space...spx?g=posts&t=12029

Dodge charger build
https://forum.deagostini....1686229545.1.1.utmcsr=(direct)|utmccn=(direct)|utmcmd=(none)&__utmv=-&__utmk=9709046
dandare
#5 Posted : 06 June 2014 10:49:48

Outstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi DaDokta

Essentially your placing a black decal on a black surface hence all the fine line detail is blending into the back ground so to speak.
therfore to highlight the decal fine lines, a lighter shade would need to be painted onto the suface of the part before applying the decal.

regards
Dan
Built - MP4/23, Zero, Deagostini Falcon, Model Airways 1903 Wright Flyer, Senna Mp4/4.
Working - Mclaren M23 1/8th scale to complement the Deagostini MP4/23 & Mp4/4
on the bench, Model Airways Sopwith Camel.
DaDokta
#6 Posted : 06 June 2014 10:56:59

Thanks Dan!
Greetings,
Walter

Present builds:

On the shelf:

Completed builds:
Arrow Wolf
#7 Posted : 06 June 2014 18:45:48

dandare wrote:
Hi DaDokta

Essentially your placing a black decal on a black surface hence all the fine line detail is blending into the back ground so to speak.
therfore to highlight the decal fine lines, a lighter shade would need to be painted onto the suface of the part before applying the decal.

regards
Dan

That's a good point Dan, I'll bear that in mind too BigGrin .

I've bought the Museum Collection decals as well and was considering what to do next. I'm slightly in a muddle over this as I'm minded to apply aircraft modelling procedures here as well.

When applying decals to a model aircraft, I'd normally lay down a coat of Future acrylic (Johnson's Klear Floor polish) which will protect the decals/paint layer already present and give the new decals a nice smooth surface to "settle" down on. A further coat of Future would then seal the whole lot in and provide a nice glossy, hard as nails finish to the body work.

Would you agree that this will work with this model as well??

Thanks,

Grant.
DeAgostini ModelSpace Mitsubishi A6M2b Zero
DeAgostini ModelSpace Senna MP4/4
dandare
#8 Posted : 07 June 2014 04:37:47

Outstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Arrow Wolf wrote:
dandare wrote:
Hi DaDokta

regards
Dan

That's a good point Dan, I'll bear that in mind too BigGrin .

I've bought the Museum Collection decals as well and was considering what to do next. I'm slightly in a muddle over this as I'm minded to apply aircraft modelling procedures here as well.

When applying decals to a model aircraft, I'd normally lay down a coat of Future acrylic (Johnson's Klear Floor polish) which will protect the decals/paint layer already present and give the new decals a nice smooth surface to "settle" down on. A further coat of Future would then seal the whole lot in and provide a nice glossy, hard as nails finish to the body work.

Would you agree that this will work with this model as well??

Thanks,

Grant.

Hi Grant

Sorry to run on your thread DaDokta

As the finish of the MP4/4 is glossy already, i would apply the "sponsor" decal straight on! then run a clear coat to seal, but for the carbon decal (if you have these) a base coat of colour (be it gun metal, silver or gold etc) to help them stand out would need to be applied. then a suitable clear coat, matt satin or gloss.

for the most part i would suggest just adding the sponsorship decals if you want your model to emulate the car that we all know was one of the most fantastic cars to ever race.

regards
Dan

Built - MP4/23, Zero, Deagostini Falcon, Model Airways 1903 Wright Flyer, Senna Mp4/4.
dandare
#9 Posted : 07 June 2014 04:41:31

DaDokta

your build is coming along very nicely
looking forward to seeing how the carbon comes out on the nose!
(make sure to keep us up to date, we all love seeing builds progress)

Regards
Dan
DaDokta
#10 Posted : 23 June 2014 09:29:57

Finally i could finish the rear wing!
The first time i applied the decals, i destroyed all the work in the end. I applied a coat of varnish over the decals - but the end part of the wing has decals on both sides. I turned the part over too soon and the varnish together with the decal on one side stuck with the cardbord i do my spraywork on.
So i had to reorder another set of decals and start over again!

IMG_5193.JPG
IMG_5195.JPG
Greetings,
Walter

Present builds:

On the shelf:

Completed builds:
birdaj2
#11 Posted : 18 September 2014 19:43:05

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

DaDokta

What some brilliant detail in these modelling parts. Nice to see your adding your own stamp on the kit I bet you will end up with a stunner of a model
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
DaDokta
#12 Posted : 18 September 2014 21:28:15

Thanks Tony!
Greetings,
Walter

Present builds:

On the shelf:

Completed builds:
Bdizzle84
#13 Posted : 19 September 2014 10:53:51

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Looks great. The inking really adds to the detail. I haven't started building mine yet, just saving the parts up Laugh
Building: RB7 Nitro / Senna MP4/4 Finished: McLaren MP4/23
Brad.
DaDokta
#14 Posted : 19 September 2014 22:21:39

Thanks Brad! Looking forward to your build!
Greetings,
Walter

Present builds:

On the shelf:

Completed builds:
Steve279021
#15 Posted : 10 October 2014 15:35:26

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Looking good. My pack 6 has just arrived.
Senna mclaren mp4/4 build complete mp4/4 build http://forum.model-space...spx?g=posts&t=12029

Dodge charger build
https://forum.deagostini....1686229545.1.1.utmcsr=(direct)|utmccn=(direct)|utmcmd=(none)&__utmv=-&__utmk=9709046
Warthog
#16 Posted : 06 November 2014 23:14:33

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: registriert, Registered

Coming along nicely Dokta BigGrin

Spencer
Steve279021
#17 Posted : 13 November 2014 16:01:18

Looking good.how was stage 23, the cockpit? i have just got my pack 7 and I haven't started stage 23 yet but it looks a bit fiddly?

Dodge charger build
DaDokta
#18 Posted : 13 November 2014 22:18:36

Steve, i didn`t have any trouble building this shipment. It was the work of about 80 minutes.

Much too little to do and then wait for a month again - if you ask me! :)

Cheers,
DaDokta
Greetings,
Walter

Present builds:

On the shelf:

Completed builds:
Steve279021
#19 Posted : 13 November 2014 22:22:07

I Try to spread it out and do 1 bit each night. I can generally spread it out over 2 weeks.

Dodge charger build
stephengould
#20 Posted : 26 November 2014 23:04:50

wish id got mp4/4.first order,which is what I ordered.but received ,mp4/23,strange.am now trying again ,with a new order.