Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

7 Pages <1234>»
Robi the Interactive Robot build Diary. Options
Tomick
#21 Posted : 07 June 2014 21:18:51

Groups:

You won't find it on sale as it does not go on sale in Japan until August, and way too early to say if it will be offered outside of Japan.
Warthog
#22 Posted : 22 June 2014 18:28:48

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: registriert, Registered

Looking good ChrisCool will you be painting ROBI in Scarlet Red by any chance? LOL

Spencer
delboy271155
#23 Posted : 22 June 2014 21:33:59

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi All, Crying

How much a holiday to Japan. Huh

My Grandkids think I can go on holiday and bring him back as a gift.

Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

schueyking
#24 Posted : 28 July 2014 18:31:29

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Warthog wrote:

Looking good ChrisCool will you be painting ROBI in Scarlet Red by any chance? LOL

Spencer

Ha Ha! No Spence.....he will be painted in the Silver Arrows colour!! I have jumped ship!! LOL LOL LOL

ChrisBigGrin
delboy271155
#25 Posted : 28 July 2014 21:04:20

Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi Chris, BigGrin BigGrin

He`s coming on a treat, WTG Cool

Could you give us something in a few pics to scale him too. He looks tiny in the pics, but I know he`s not.

Keep up the good work.

He`s growing on me.Blink

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

birdaj2
#26 Posted : 28 July 2014 21:14:03

Hi Chris

Not sure if we call the model an him or her or an it? Either way is a fantastic model and I bet your having a blast building it and cannot wait until the day you talk to it.

I remember many years back collecting a part work to make the equivalent of a motorised mouse - how the technology has changed so much over the years. The creature I built was called cybot - it promised to change the world but sadly this was short of the mark.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_Robots

This little creature while being cute is something a million miles away from cybot.

Look forward to your further updates.

Happy modelling

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
TobyJohn
#27 Posted : 02 August 2014 10:30:21

Hi all

Well getting there really slowly with this build. Looking online part 8 is on it's way so the head will be finished all but the motors.

Have been looking on my calender and if the issues go back to weekly as they said they should it's still going to take us until Christmas 2015 to finish. Was just wondering if anybody has heard whether we are going back to weekly (4 a month) issues and also has anybody else had a project that has taken so long.

My problem is I am too impatient and don't like the wait between issues especially when only 1 arrives.

Happy building everyone.

Cheers.

John.
Supaheli
#28 Posted : 02 August 2014 12:09:20

birdaj2 wrote:
Hi Chris

Not sure if we call the model an him or her or an it? Either way is a fantastic model and I bet your having a blast building it and cannot wait until the day you talk to it.

I remember many years back collecting a part work to make the equivalent of a motorised mouse - how the technology has changed so much over the years. The creature I built was called cybot - it promised to change the world but sadly this was short of the mark.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_Robots

This little creature while being cute is something a million miles away from cybot.

Look forward to your further updates.

Happy modelling

Tony
I also built cybot did 2 of them 1 normal and the other i did the f1 version...wish they would do another partworks of cybot I miss it
Supaheli
birdaj2
#29 Posted : 17 August 2014 16:43:02

Chris

It's going to be a fairly large model when finished then.

I just cannot help thinking how my cat would take to him - would be interesting to see.

Hope they get your supply problems resolved soon and you can press on with your build.

Happy modelling

Tony
Happy Modelling

SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
TobyJohn
#30 Posted : 24 August 2014 11:17:52

Hi all.

I have just checked my online account details and it is showing that issue 9 has been despatched along with another slow down letter.

I can only assume that they have not managed to sort out the supply issues and we are staying monthly. 70 issues at one a month is going to take nearly six years to build. Don't know about anyone else but personally I feel like giving it up as a bad job. If anyone knows how long is going to last it would be good to know.

Can't see why there is a problem over in Japan they have finished their build so it's not like the parts don't exist.

Cheers everyone.

John.
schueyking
#31 Posted : 24 August 2014 11:27:22

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

TobyJohn wrote:
Hi all.

I have just checked my online account details and it is showing that issue 9 has been despatched along with another slow down letter.

I can only assume that they have not managed to sort out the supply issues and we are staying monthly. 70 issues at one a month is going to take nearly six years to build. Don't know about anyone else but personally I feel like giving it up as a bad job. If anyone knows how long is going to last it would be good to know.

Can't see why there is a problem over in Japan they have finished their build so it's not like the parts don't exist.

Cheers everyone.

John.

Really John??? This is unbelievableCursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing I am thinking of giving up, but it seems such a shame! Oh well....I will only be 49 once I complete the build!!LOL LOL LOL LOL
I was watching someones build from Japan and they slowed down at issue 53! I really am in two minds now.

Chris.
Tomick
#32 Posted : 28 August 2014 12:27:56

Groups:

Following the delivery of Issue 11 around the 15th October, it is hoped to return to the normal schedule of 4 issues per month.
Chadders87
#33 Posted : 28 August 2014 12:44:00

Red Medal: Red Medal

This looked like such a promising build! Are the delays really that behind still?
Tomick
#34 Posted : 28 August 2014 14:42:52

Groups:

Hopefully it won't be slowed beyond 11
birdaj2
#35 Posted : 07 September 2014 17:52:29

Not sure if we should call the model an "him", "her" , or "it" but either way your pressing on well. Part 9 already - how time flashes by.

Have you named your model yet ?

Still wish I could have signed up to this as I can just imagine how the cats would react LOL
Happy Modelling

schueyking
#36 Posted : 08 September 2014 12:22:49

BigGrin Hi Tony,
I think I will just name him 'Robi' as that seems to suit him.BigGrin

I really hope they resolve the issue with the issues.Glare

At this rate I will be 48 when the build is complete!LOL LOL

I will not give up though.
As Magnus Magnusson once said....I've started, so I will finish!!BigGrin

Thanks for looking in on my build,

ChrisBigGrin
stevie_o
#37 Posted : 08 September 2014 12:27:30

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

birdaj2
#38 Posted : 08 September 2014 16:22:24

Chris

I am sure they are doing all possible to resolve any undue delays with your issues coming through.

Certainly don't give up on Robi at this point because from what I saw early on its a brilliant piece of kit when complete.

Happy Modelling

schueyking
#39 Posted : 10 September 2014 10:49:43

stevie_o wrote:
Good on you Chris, don't give up - it would be like abandoning a pet, the little guy has a character nowLaugh
I'm sure this will speed up soon for you.

Steve

Ha Ha....after seeing his little face, I cannot abandon him now! This is a bit like Pinocchio!! LOL LOL LOL LOL

Thanks for looking in mate. BigGrin

ChrisBigGrin
schueyking
#40 Posted : 10 September 2014 10:50:31

birdaj2 wrote:
Chris

I am sure they are doing all possible to resolve any undue delays with your issues coming through.

Certainly don't give up on Robi at this point because from what I saw early on its a brilliant piece of kit when complete.

I am sure it will be Tony...just got to be a little patient.BigGrin

ChrisBigGrin