Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

7 Pages <12345>»
Robi the Interactive Robot build Diary. Options
birdaj2
#41 Posted : 28 September 2014 15:33:44

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Chris

Making some more good progress on your build. Are you getting 4 editions each month with this one or are they weekly issues?

See you have a cat similar to mine - always got to be in the way of what you are doing - they are such funny creatures.

Hope the rest of your build goes well.
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
schueyking
#42 Posted : 05 October 2014 11:00:58

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Tony BigGrin Only getting one Issue a month at the momentCursing They believe they might have it sorted by the end of Oct? Fingers and everything else crossed!! Thanks for looking in on my build.BigGrin

ChrisBigGrin
birdaj2
#43 Posted : 05 October 2014 11:20:20

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Chris

I hope they get this one sorted because it's a really interesting build.

Happy Modelling

SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
delboy271155
#44 Posted : 19 October 2014 16:18:06

Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi Shueyking, BigGrin BigGrin

Looking good, Cool Cool .

Can`t wait to see this fella running around. BigGrin

Keep up the good work, wtg.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

arpurchase
#45 Posted : 19 October 2014 19:30:52

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Looking goodCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

stevie_o
#46 Posted : 19 October 2014 19:34:13

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

birdaj2
#47 Posted : 19 October 2014 22:13:43

Chris

It must be frustrating getting just a small part to work on at a time. Really hope they have sorted the issues and you start getting your 4 issues at a time.

I despite the slow despatch it is a very smart looking piece of kit so wishing it all picks up for you soon.
Happy Modelling

Silent_Running
#48 Posted : 20 October 2014 07:50:20

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I have a question regarding Robi. Is he pre-programmed to do specific things, or does he learn from his environment and can do more things as time goes on? In other words he interacts with his environment and gets smarter. BigGrin
Tomick
#49 Posted : 20 October 2014 17:36:26

Groups:

schueyking wrote:
BigGrin Hi guys.
Here we have Robi Issue 11. We have been told that hopefully from the next Issue, we will be getting four Issues a month from now on.
We shall see..........

Hi Chris,

DeAgostini are trying so hard to get the schedule back on track and are very sorry for the delays and doing all they can to ensure it goes back to the regular schedule ASAP.

schueyking
#50 Posted : 26 October 2014 13:59:16

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Silent_Running wrote:
I have a question regarding Robi. Is he pre-programmed to do specific things, or does he learn from his environment and can do more things as time goes on? In other words he interacts with his environment and gets smarter. BigGrin

Thanks for all the nice comments guys!!ThumpUp Hi Glenn! That is a very good question! Robi comes with a Micro SD card that has all the phrases and movements and things etc....but I am not sure If Robi can 'learn' as such??
It will be fun finding out though! I really hope they have the Issues sorted in time for next delivery, as it is getting a little frustrating now.Crying Crying

We shall see....

ChrisBigGrin
TobyJohn
#51 Posted : 19 November 2014 22:23:05

Hi all.

Well received issue 12 in the post today with yet another slow down letter. Is it just me that thinks this is beyond a joke now. Basically by the end of January we will be on issue 14 nearly a year after this build started and we have 70 issues to collect. I wanted this project now not for my retirement plus with new technology this will be a retro robot before its complete. Also there has been no mention of the gifts we were suppose to recieve with the issues.
So rant over was just wondering if anybody was thinking of giving up this build and if there is any chance on a refund for the issues bought to date it's not our fault they have messed is around after all.
Cheers.
John.
arpurchase
#52 Posted : 18 January 2015 19:36:22

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Ticking along nicely and I can understand your frustrations but i think it will be worth it in the endCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

stevie_o
#53 Posted : 25 January 2015 15:29:27

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

birdaj2
#54 Posted : 25 January 2015 16:28:17

coming a long a treat. will be great model when complete and one that will give a lot of on going interest.
Happy Modelling

giftek
#55 Posted : 07 February 2015 14:24:32

Have also been collecting up to issue 11 so far and looking good nice size cannot also wait to get blocks of 4 issues per month.
Have noticed during the build of Robi looking like strip down part of build especially the arm section on the body, also I am sure the head assembly in the future to access inside head you must have to De-assemble.
Looks like all the motor need configured so best not to keep the wires left plugged in until all configured.

Might suggest not to fully tighten parts just in-case of removal of the same parts.
schueyking
#56 Posted : 07 January 2017 21:09:27

Hi guys!BigGrin
I am back!!
I waited until nearly all the components arrived before I would continue with my build...
I have started again, and intend to see it through till the end now.
However I have hit a snag...
One of my short servo cables does not not work.Cursing
I wondered If any of you guys had a spare servo cable you could possibly send me?
I would pay for postage of course!!
It just seems a little quicker than waiting for Deagostini to send a replacement...which may take weeks!
If anybody can help me...please let me know!

Happy New Year to you all!!BigGrin

Chris.
Spal
#57 Posted : 08 January 2017 17:21:47

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Welcome back Chris, not building Robi so can't help you, look forward to seeing your updates though.

Al
arpurchase
#58 Posted : 08 January 2017 17:48:09

BigGrin Hi CHris your better off ordering replacementsCool

schueyking
#59 Posted : 08 January 2017 20:28:49

Thanks for the replies guys!!ThumpUp
I think that is my best option!

Cheers,

Chris. BigGrin
ModelMania
#60 Posted : 08 January 2017 22:06:11

Groups:

Nice to see you back Chris and good luck with your Robi build. Cool ThumpUp

Kev Smile