Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

6 Pages «<3456>
Billing Boats Titanic (yep, the big one) Options
mark 2
#81 Posted : 04 February 2015 07:30:08

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Hi Wieltje BigGrin .
Wow She is looking superb now Cool .
Fantastic work and looking forward to more.
Best regards.
Mark
Shauncnh
#82 Posted : 14 February 2015 19:39:44

Turquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Hi Wieltje.BigGrin
Your model is coming along great see looks amazing. I have just purchased the same model and was wondering when use painted her what paints did you use (are they billings own paints) and did you brush it on or spray the paint on?

Regards Shaun
Building-RC spitfire
Build- titanic,Skyrider drone, solar system, T72 tank
Wieltje
#83 Posted : 15 February 2015 19:15:19

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups:

Hi Shaun,
Shopkeepers in model building have paint conversion lists from one manufacturer to another. So they can give you the right colour (for example Billing no 22) from whatever manufacturer they distribute in their shops.
Titanic however is a BIG BIG ship... You need bigger quantities of hull red, white and black. Those I simply bought in a local d.i.y. shop in 0,5 liter pots.
I painted with normal brushes. Painting all the details takes lots of time and several layers but the result looks fine (if you prepare the surfaces as required)
Keep up the good work, it's a real pleasure to see this model grow :-)
Shauncnh
#84 Posted : 15 February 2015 19:25:54

Turquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Hi Wieltje BigGrin
Thank you for your help and look forward to seeing the rest of your build, see really is looking amazing you should be proud of how see is coming along.
Regards Shaun
Building-RC spitfire
Build- titanic,Skyrider drone, solar system, T72 tank
Wieltje
#85 Posted : 04 April 2015 17:29:30

Groups:

Just a few pictures to show where the build is right now. It seems I'm stuck on the same few pages of the instruction manual for ever BigGrin
Wieltje attached the following image(s):
Titanic095.jpg
Titanic096.jpg
Titanic097.jpg
Titanic098.jpg
Titanic099.jpg
Titanic100.jpg
davetwin
#86 Posted : 04 April 2015 17:41:33

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Wow that really is massive, excellent work
Gibbo
#87 Posted : 04 April 2015 22:46:51

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Very nice.
Building: DelPrado HMS Victory. Building: DeAgostini Sovereign Of The Seas.
arpurchase
#88 Posted : 05 April 2015 08:17:09

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin She looks great all that work will pay dividends keep the pics comingCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Gandale
#89 Posted : 05 April 2015 10:43:23

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Wow, you're certainly powering ahead with this one.... looking fab....Drool Drool

Regards

Alan
stevie_o
#90 Posted : 05 April 2015 13:14:08

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

PierreM-M
#91 Posted : 19 April 2015 14:46:31

She's looking magnificent and a great set of pics!!!!

Does anyone know if Billing Boats are still making this kit? (All the sites I can find don't have it available and the Australian distributor hasn't yet replied to my email)

Being a Titanic buff for a long time now I'd like to build it myself as I can see it being a real stretch of my abilities (not the least of which will be deciphering the instructions lol).

I did let slip to my Wife that what I'd really like to do is to build the three sisters

(in order - R.M.S. Titanic, HMT (His Majesty's Troopship) Olympic in World War 1 dazzle camoflage and HMHS (His Majesty's Hospital Ship) Brittanic in, again World War 1, hospital ship paint scheme)

but she just made soothing noises especially when I told her that each kit would cost just under $2K Australian and then told me to make myself a cup of tea and have a nice long sit down. BigGrin

Seriously though does the idea of making either HMT Olympic or HMHS Brittanic appeal to anyone?

Pierre
arpurchase
#92 Posted : 19 April 2015 14:56:56

BigGrin She is a limited edition but still available from billings own web site, although shipping may be costly.

http://billingboats-dire...6jekvrkco85gklce7dkk5v3

Hope this helps

Regards

AndyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

PierreM-M
#93 Posted : 19 April 2015 15:14:18

Thank you Andy and I'm very much obliged to you.

I tried on that website and it's out of stock

("Billing Boats (BB510) RMS Titanic - Model Boat & Fittings***"..... "Products marked with *** are currently on order and are not yet back in stock. You can still place a (50% deposit) down payment and guarantee your allocation in my next delivery.")

I really hope doesn't mean that it's been discontinued!!!!! Sad

Regards

Pierre
arpurchase
#94 Posted : 19 April 2015 15:56:11

BigGrin It may be a case of there only producing kits to those who put down the down payment so may be a last option if you cant find one else where and NP just trying to helpCool

Tomick
#95 Posted : 19 April 2015 17:16:24

Groups:

A few websites appear to have removed the Billing Titanic from sale which might be an indication that it might be discontinued. Billig have always been hard work when it comes to customer support.
PierreM-M
#96 Posted : 19 April 2015 19:39:39

Thank you both muchly Andy & Tomick.

I have to say that I strongly suspect that you may very well be correct Tomick and, if so, I can only say Damn!!!!!

(Plus some other much ruder words that aren't suitable for a public forum! Lol Smile )

That would leave me with only the Hahn 'kit' in 1:144 scale (http://www.titanic-plan.de/i_kit_main_e.html) which is a real pity as I'd have much preferred a plank on frame model. Much more of a challenge and hence much more fun!!!!!

Cursing Crying Sad
Wieltje
#97 Posted : 19 April 2015 20:45:15

Groups:

I don't see any of these model kits available in Belgium right now. I do remember that when the first 100 kits were released there has been a message that they would withdraw them due to some mistakes in the kit (missing parts). I understood the kit would be "corrected" and then released again. Making this model for just 100 kits would be extremely expensive to Billing Boats, wouldn't it ? We 'll see, let's hope they release the kit again soon, I can tell you all: there may have been some mistakes, but it is a really GREAT kit!
PierreM-M
#98 Posted : 20 April 2015 06:23:01

Thank you very much Wieltje. I've sent Billing Boats the following email which I hope will get some information for us all!!!!!

I'd like to make the three Sisters but it does hinge on the money (nearly AU$6,000) being available at the same time as the kits. (Unfortunately though, my life experience is usually the opposite! Cursing )

Regards

Pierre

Text of email to info@billingboats.com

"Hi Folks,

Do you know when the Billing Boats 1:144 Titanic kit (BB 510/BIL-0510) will next be in stock? (I live in Australia)

Also, do you know if it's possible to buy additional lifeboats for the kit?

My reason for asking what may seem a somewhat macabre question is that, being retired, I'm planning a long term project of building the three Olympic class ships in the following order - R.M.S. Titanic, HMT (His Majesty's Troopship) Olympic in World War 1 dazzle camoflage and HMHS (His Majesty's Hospital Ship) Brittanic in, again World War 1, hospital ship paint scheme and the Olympic and the Brittanic will need the additional lifeboats.

If you are no longer making BB510 could you let me know so I do not have to go any further in my research.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Regards and thanks

Pierre"
PierreM-M attached the following image(s):
The Three Sisters.jpg
CF-FZG
#99 Posted : 30 August 2015 23:07:48

PierreM-M wrote:
Thank you very much Wieltje. I've sent Billing Boats the following email which I hope will get some information for us all!!!!!

Hi Pierre,

Did you get a reply from Billings?

Mark.
Mark.

Current builds,
Hachette HMS Hood
Hachette Mallard
DeAgostini E Type Jaguar
nivS1978
#100 Posted : 04 October 2017 19:57:30

BillingBoats just released this model again. It is available in stores as of today.