Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Honda Logo Options
Smeg and the Heads
#1 Posted : 17 April 2014 14:59:37

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Am I missing something?Confused

In stage one we fit the Honda logo into the cam cover and secure with masking tape, in stage 4 we loosely fit the cam cover to the engine block, in stage 7 we remove the cam cover glue the Honda logo in place and refit the cam cover.

Please call be a blithering idiot if you wish and point out the blindingly obvious if it is there, but aren’t the first two steps completely pointless and we should just go straight to stage 7?Confused

This is not a dig at anyone and please don't take it the wrong way, it is just an obsivation and I'm confused.Confused
Warthog
#2 Posted : 17 April 2014 15:31:57

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: registriert, Registered

Hi Smeg

The main purpose is so that you don't lose the logo plus you can see how it fits into position. As with many partworks you will find that one minute you will be fitting something and another taking it off. It gives the builder an idea of how things go together for future stages.

Spencer
Smeg and the Heads
#3 Posted : 17 April 2014 15:43:03

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Warthog wrote:

Hi Smeg

The main purpose is so that you don't lose the logo plus you can see how it fits into position. As with many partworks you will find that one minute you will be fitting something and another taking it off. It gives the builder an idea of how things go together for future stages.

Spencer

Thanks Spencer

So I am not going mad then? I'm just jumping the gunBigGrin
Warthog
#4 Posted : 17 April 2014 15:54:07

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: registriert, Registered

Lol no your not going mad.. I maybe though! LOL

Spencer