Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

21 Pages «<1415161718>»
John Passmore Options
John Passmore
#301 Posted : 19 June 2018 02:58:27

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Tomick wrote:
Looks wonderful, well done this far Cool

Hi Mr T

Thanks for the accolade...BigGrin

Regards
JohnP
John Passmore
#302 Posted : 19 June 2018 03:00:29

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

arpurchase wrote:
BigGrin Looking goodCool

Thanks Andy...BigGrin

Regards
JohnP
John Passmore
#303 Posted : 19 June 2018 03:05:42

Martyn Ingram wrote:
BigGrin Good to see you back John and very nicely done on the ratlines Cool
Martyn

Hi Martin

Thanks for looking in and the nice compliments...BigGrin Yeah - those ratlines drove me nuts at times!Laugh LOL

Regards
JohnP
John Passmore
#304 Posted : 19 June 2018 03:24:53

Gandale wrote:
Really is great to see you back with us John, you've been missed.... Build is looking amazing, beautiful work throughout.....Love Love Love … Look forward to your next update....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan

Hi Alan

Good to hear from you too...BigGrin
Thank you for looking in and the nice compliments...BigGrin AARRRGH! - yes it was Old Codgers health issues, but hopefully can now continue uninterrupted with the build...Laugh LOL

Issue 117 is next and that looks a real dream...Laugh LOL

Regards
JohnP
John Passmore
#305 Posted : 25 November 2018 02:05:31

Hi Everyone

Have now completed Issues 116, 117 and 118...Yippee! It was all so laborious...Bored BigGrin

I am going to move on to the Bowsprit now as I have not yet installed it, but intend to fit the futtock shrouds and ratlines prior to final installation...Cool

Will update in the New Year.

Meantime Seasons Greetings and happy building to all...BigGrin

Regards
John
John Passmore attached the following image(s):
249. Ratlines to Mid & Upper Masts. Nov. 2018.JPG
250. Ratlines to Mid & Upper Masts. Nov. 2018.JPG
251. Detail of Lower Fighting Tops. Nov. 2018.JPG
252. Masts with standing rigging. Nov. 2018.JPG
253. Detail of Main Mast lower fighting top. Nov. 2018.JPG
254. Gen view. Nov. 2018.JPG
255. Gen view. Nov. 2018.JPG
256. Gen view. Nov. 2018.JPG
257. Stern view. Nov. 2018.JPG
258. Stern view. Nov. 2018.JPG
Gandale
#306 Posted : 25 November 2018 02:19:40

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

May have been laborious John but the effort was well worth it... Looking fabulous....Drool Drool

Regards

Alan
Martyn Ingram
#307 Posted : 25 November 2018 07:20:35

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Well done that man Cool ratlines are probably the most tedious thing with the rigging Blink . Lovely work my friend Cool
Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
John Passmore
#308 Posted : 25 November 2018 10:06:08

Gandale wrote:
May have been laborious John but the effort was well worth it... Looking fabulous....Drool Drool

Regards

Alan

Hi Alan

Thanks for the compliment and I must agree with you the end result is very pleasing for me. There were several errors and a couple of mishaps along the way, but the errors were all corrected following extensive use of your excellent diary...BigGrin
The mishaps were not possible to rectify so I was obliged to work around them. Bet you can't see them ( but I know they are there! )...Glare

Best wishes
John
John Passmore
#309 Posted : 25 November 2018 10:09:40

Martyn Ingram wrote:
BigGrin Well done that man Cool ratlines are probably the most tedious thing with the rigging Blink . Lovely work my friend Cool
Martyn

Hi Martin

Thanks for the nice compliments - yes I thought it would never end, but I am very happy with the final outcome...BigGrin BigGrin

Cheers
JP
DaDokta
#310 Posted : 26 November 2018 10:27:36

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

What an impressive build! She looks great!
Greetings,
Walter

Present builds:
Revell B-24D Liberator 1:48

On the shelf:
Italeri "Fiat Mefistofele", Italeri "Moto Guzzi California", Fokker "Red Baron", Revell Bismarck, Revell Tirpitz, Arab Dow, Stage Coach, .....

Completed builds:
McLaren MP4/4, D-51 Steam Locomotive, HMS Victory, GWH F-15D Eagle, St. Stephen`s Cathedral (cardboard), Solar-powered paddle Steamer (little project with my son), HMS Victory X-section, "Geli" Phantom II (cardboard)
John Passmore
#311 Posted : 19 December 2018 15:13:15

DaDokta wrote:
What an impressive build! She looks great!

Hi Walter

Thanks for looking in and the nice compliment

Regards
JohnP
John Passmore
#312 Posted : 14 January 2019 13:52:05

Hi Everyone.... A Happy New Year to All...BigGrin

Here's my latest update for Jan 2019.

Issues 121 and 122 refer.

* Bowsprit and associated parts installed. Ratlines were done off the model as it was easier...BigGrin Cool
* Mainstays installed.
* Crates and cannon balls installed on fore-deck. ( There seems to be no provision for cannon balls on the quarter decks. Can any one enlighten me?...Confused

Happy building to All
Regards
JohnP
John Passmore attached the following image(s):
259. Futtock Shrouds on Bowsprit. Dec 2018.JPG
260. Futtock Shrouds on Bowsprit Dec 2018.JPG
261. Bowsprit surrogate support Dec 2018.JPG
262. Bowsprit surrogate support Dec 2018.JPG
263. Futtock Ratlines at Dec. 2018.JPG
264. Ratlines on Bowsprit mast Jan 2019.JPG
265. Bowsprit mast Jan 2019.JPG
266. Bowsprit catharping and Ratlines Jan 2019.JPG
267. Bowsprit installed Jan 2019.JPG
268. Mainstays installed Jan 2019.JPG
269. Mainstays installed Jan 2019.JPG
270. Gen view Jan 2019.JPG
Gandale
#313 Posted : 14 January 2019 16:31:54

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Lovely work as usual John, looks superb....Cool Cool

As for you cannon ball query. You should have received around 90 cannon balls with issue 46 and a further 55 with issue 53, around 145 in total. You make up 8 racks for the main deck and a further 6 racks for the foredeck, 14 racks in total. That should give you 10 cannon balls to fill each rack.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Alan
delboy271155
#314 Posted : 14 January 2019 22:07:01

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

That is looking very tidy.

Nice work John.

Cool Cool Cool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Markwarren
#315 Posted : 14 January 2019 22:14:21

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Beautiful work, looks stunning.Love

Mark
John Passmore
#316 Posted : 16 January 2019 04:31:55

Gandale wrote:

As for you cannon ball query. You should have received around 90 cannon balls with issue 46 and a further 55 with issue 53, around 145 in total. You make up 8 racks for the main deck and a further 6 racks for the foredeck, 14 racks in total. That should give you 10 cannon balls to fill each rack.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Alan

Hi Alan

Thanks for looking in and the nice comment...BigGrin

Yes, I have all the cannon balls/crates as specified, installed on the fore-deck and main deck.
My query is that there seems to be no cannon balls on either Quarter deck, despite there being lots of cannons parked thereon!...Blink
I wonder if this is an oversight or omission by DeAgostini...Confused

Regards
JohnP
John Passmore
#317 Posted : 16 January 2019 04:35:13

delboy271155 wrote:
That is looking very tidy.

Nice work John.

Cool Cool Cool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Hi Derek

Thanks for looking in and your kind comment...BigGrin
I'm onto the spars now - a nice change from all that standing rigging...Cool

Regards
JohnP
John Passmore
#318 Posted : 16 January 2019 04:38:39

Markwarren wrote:
Beautiful work, looks stunning.Love

Mark

Hi Mark

Can't believe I've been at this caper nigh on 5 years now!!! Strewth!!!...LOL

Regards
JohnP
Gandale
#319 Posted : 16 January 2019 09:27:21

John Passmore wrote:
Gandale wrote:

Hope this helps.

Regards

Alan

Hi Alan

Yes, I have all the cannon balls/crates as specified, installed on the fore-deck and main deck.
My query is that there seems to be no cannon balls on either Quarter deck, despite there being lots of cannons parked thereon!...Blink

Regards
JohnP

Hi John,

I can confirm there are no cannon ball racks on either Quarter Deck and think you'll find space is rather tight to fit any. You can of course make up and fit racks in these areas if you so wish however, it is not something I did. Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
John Passmore
#320 Posted : 18 January 2019 00:10:49

Gandale wrote:
John Passmore wrote:
Gandale wrote:

Hope this helps.

Regards

Alan

Hi Alan

Regards
JohnP

Hi John,

I can confirm there are no cannon ball racks on either Quarter Deck and think you'll find space is rather tight to fit any. You can of course make up and fit racks in these areas if you so wish however, it is not something I did. Cool Cool

Regards

Alan

Hi Alan
Thanks for your prompt response. Yes, the lower Quarter Deck is a bit crowded, but the upper Quarter Deck has a little more space and I do have some cannon balls left over. So, after mulling things over, I will make up a few racks and put them there...BigGrin Cool
Regards
JohnP