Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

21 Pages «<1617181920>»
John Passmore Options
John Passmore
#341 Posted : 16 November 2019 06:50:04

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

birdaj2 wrote:
John

That looks wonderful.

Your hard work has really paid off with a nice model.

Tony

Hi Tony

Yeah it is hard work, but very satisfying in the long run...Cool Thanks for the compliment...BigGrin

Regards
JohnP
John Passmore
#342 Posted : 16 November 2019 07:00:01

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Gandale wrote:
Beautiful John, you're doing a fabulous job on her.....Drool Drool Drool Drool

Regards

Alan

Hi Alan

Thanks for the nice compliment and I hope you can help me with a problem....Confused BigGrin

I ran out of 0.25mm fawn rigging thread today and had intended to begin a new roll purchased from a supplier in Melbourne about 2 months ago. Unfortunately this thread doesn't match that supplied by De-Ag. Both colour and thickness are different.Blink See photo.

Can you advise if there is a supplier in UK I can contact inline?...Confused Maybe they will have the stand as well then I can can order both....Cool

I need the same thread for continuity, I'm sure you'll agree...Cool

John Passmore attached the following image(s):
thread sizes.JPG
John Passmore
#343 Posted : 16 November 2019 07:06:32

Markwarren wrote:
Nice work John, looks stunning.Love

Mark

Hi Mark

Thanks for looking in and the nice compliment....I think I'll maybe have it completed within the next six months...Blink

Regards
JohnP
Gandale
#344 Posted : 16 November 2019 11:30:36

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Hi John,

Have you considered purchasing a back issue, one that contains the size of thread you need. You could try emailing sales@model-space.co.uk outlining your problem and quoting the issue number you would like to purchase, they may be able to help. If that doesn't work then by all means get back to me....

Regards

Alan
John Passmore
#345 Posted : 16 November 2019 23:29:39

Gandale wrote:
Hi John,

Have you considered purchasing a back issue, one that contains the size of thread you need. You could try emailing sales@model-space.co.uk outlining your problem and quoting the issue number you would like to purchase, they may be able to help. If that doesn't work then by all means get back to me....

Regards

Alan

Thanks Alan, I'll try that - maybe Model-Space has an agency in Oz as well?...Cool

Appreciate your advice...Cool

Regards
JohnP
John Passmore
#346 Posted : 01 January 2020 13:24:21

John Passmore wrote:
Gandale wrote:
Hi John,

Regards

Alan

Thanks Alan, I'll try that - maybe Model-Space has an agency in Oz as well?...Cool

Appreciate your advice...Cool

Regards
JohnP

Hi Alan
I happily purchased the thread from Model-Space UK, who were very helpful. I received the goods in about 3 weeks from my initial inquiry...BigGrin and I purchased the display stand at the same time...Cool

Regards
JohnP

John Passmore
#347 Posted : 01 January 2020 13:33:58

Hi Everyone

Here is my progress to end December 2019.

Issues 129 and 130 refer.

Figured out how to make rope coils to go onto the belaying pins. Looks more realistic now...Cool Have more to do as I proceed...BigGrin

* Made up and installed Bowsprit sails and rigging...BigGrin
* Installed Mizzen mast spar V11 with rigging...

Had a few accidents along the way - couple of busted halyards and other bits of running rigging pulled out...Mad

Regards to All and a Happy New Year

JohnP
289.1 SotS Dec.2019.rope coils.JPG
290. SotS Dec.2019.rope coils.JPG
291. SotS Dec.2019.rope coils.JPG
292. SotS Dec.2019.prep Spritsail.JPG
293. SotS Dec.2019. Bowsprit sails added.JPG
294. SotS Dec.2019. Bowsprit rigging added.JPG
295. Sots Dec.2019. Bowsprit complete.JPG
296. SotS Dec.2019. Mizzen Yard V11 installed.JPG
297. SotS Dec.2019. rope coils added to Foredeck.JPG
297.1. Sots Dec.2019. Mizzen view from Stern.JPG
298. Sots Dec.31,2019. General view.JPG
Gandale
#348 Posted : 01 January 2020 23:33:07

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Stunning work John.... Going to be a fabulous display model once done....Love Love .. Very well done....

Regards

Alan
birdaj2
#349 Posted : 02 January 2020 12:33:48

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Looks very nicely done and very precise John.

Not long mow until you finish this one.

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
John Passmore
#350 Posted : 26 January 2020 07:40:22

Gandale wrote:
Stunning work John.... Going to be a fabulous display model once done....Love Love .. Very well done....

Regards

Alan

Hi Alan

Thanks for the nice words. Got an update coming up in a minnit...BigGrin

Regards
JohnP
John Passmore
#351 Posted : 26 January 2020 07:42:20

birdaj2 wrote:
Looks very nicely done and very precise John.

Not long mow until you finish this one.

Tony

Hi Tony

Thanks for the compliment and yeah - I can see the light at the end of the tunnel...LOL

Regards
JohnP
John Passmore
#352 Posted : 26 January 2020 07:56:53

Hi Everyone

Just a quick update - issues 130 and 131 refer

* Installed Lateen sail - not happy with it as it sits too low, will have to adjust it...Glare

* Fitted Yard V11 - no problems...BigGrin

Regards to all
JohnP
299. Lateen sail installed. Jan. 2020.JPG
300. Lateen sail installed. Jan. 2020.JPG
301. Lateen sail installed. Jan.2020.JPG
Martyn Ingram
#353 Posted : 26 January 2020 08:04:04

BigGrin Hi John, lovely work on the SotS
Looking at your pictures the lateen sail is the wrong way round. The panel with the reef lines should be horizontal to the deck .
Hope this helps
Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
John Passmore
#354 Posted : 26 January 2020 08:05:56

Hi again Everyone

Further to my previous post here is a little problem I had with fitting of the sailSA12...Glare

I had installed braces from yard V8 incorrectly, blocks were on middle mizzen shrouds should have been on the lower mizzen shroud...Glare

Have to disconnect and place correctly...Glare

Inattention on my part!

Regards
JohnP
302. Error in yard V8 Brace installation.JPG
303. Error in yard V8 Brace installation.JPG
304. Error in yard V8 Brace installation.JPG
John Passmore
#355 Posted : 26 January 2020 08:14:58

Martyn Ingram wrote:
BigGrin Hi John, lovely work on the SotS
Looking at your pictures the lateen sail is the wrong way round. The panel with the reef lines should be horizontal to the deck .
Hope this helps
Martyn

Hi Martyn

You nearly gave me a heart attack (another one)!!!Blink But I have checked Issue 130 item 21 and the picture clearly shows it vertical with the deck...or have I missed something?Confused

Thanks for the nice compliments

Regards
JohnP
Martyn Ingram
#356 Posted : 26 January 2020 08:27:14

Blushing Sorry John I think I'll have to go to the opticians Laugh just looked at mine and it's the same as yours Blushing . Should have done that before I posted. She is a great kit to build and yours is turning into a stunner, well done m8 Cool
Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
John Passmore
#357 Posted : 01 February 2020 05:04:05

Hi Everyone

Latest progress to end January 2020

Issue 131 refers

Installed last 2 Mizzen sails SA12 and 13...Yippee! all sails now done and dusted!....BigGrin

Just the anchors, figures, flags and some added rope coils on the belay pins...Cool

Regards
JohnP
305. SA12 Mizzen topsail. Jan 2020.JPG
306. Mizzen topsail installed Jan 2020.JPG
307. SA13 Mizzen topgallant Jan 2020.JPG
308. All sails fitted complete Jan 2020.JPG
birdaj2
#358 Posted : 01 February 2020 13:10:25

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Very neat work John.

All that rigging looks extremely complex.

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
Gandale
#359 Posted : 01 February 2020 23:41:18

Looking fab John, the end is very much in sight now....Love Love .. Very well done...

Regards

Alan
delboy271155
#360 Posted : 02 February 2020 10:38:56

Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Great build John

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"