Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

21 Pages «<18192021>
John Passmore Options
John Passmore
#381 Posted : 18 March 2020 03:25:28

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Garth wrote:
Hi John,
Congratulations on completing your build.
It's stunning!!!Drool
The yellow medal is well deserved!!! Congrats again.
Kind regards,
Garth

Hi Garth
Many thanks for looking in and the nice compliments...BigGrin
Best regards
JohnP
John Passmore
#382 Posted : 18 March 2020 03:55:29

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Plymouth57 wrote:
Well done John - a beautiful model in every way and a credit to you!Cool Cool Cool
I would also say don't glue to the stand - I think the most elegant stands for wooden ships are the brass pedestal type which screw or bolt into the keel. The wooden 'cradle' type I think should always be just a free standing support, as Tony said, once its glued you're stuck with it (sorry!BigGrin )
Brilliant work!

Robin.

Hi Robin
Thanks for looking in and the nice compliments...BigGrin
Can you tell me where I can obtain the brass pedestal stands as I have existing studs in the keel already....BigGrin
It's another option for me to consider....Cool
Regards
JohnP
Plymouth57
#383 Posted : 18 March 2020 19:23:31

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi John.

The first set of pedestals I bought for my Constructo 'Grimsby' I found in the local Antics model shop. The set I've got standing by waiting for the old DelPrado Victory are 35mm ones by Amati which I'm pretty sure I bought from Cornwall Model Boats but I think most of the model ship suppliers like Model Dockyard etc will also have them available. Having said that I've just tried a search and they are becoming really hard to find! There's some on ebay mostly from the US and China and the price has gone up a lot!
Might be worth looking around the on-line shops though. One of my model ship books had a photo of a lovely set of pedestals made from a pair of modern brass door knobs!Cool
Best of luck, I didn't realise they had got so scarce!

Robin.
First wooden ship: The Grimsby 12 Gun 'Frigate' by Constructo Second: Bounty DelPrado Part Works Third: HMS Victory DelPrado Part Works 1/100 scale
Diorama of the Battle of the Brandywine from the American Revolutionary War Diorama of the Battle of New Falkland (unfinished sci-fi), Great War Centenary Diorama of the Messines Ridge Assault
Index for the Victory diary is on page 1
birdaj2
#384 Posted : 18 March 2020 20:05:48

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

If you did fancy something different a set of dolphins or the like might suit.

All list under “display Bases”

https://www.cornwallmode...p;TB=O&ACTION=Go%21

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
Gandale
#385 Posted : 19 March 2020 00:45:39

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

A stunning result for all your efforts, patience and above all your skill.. Very well done John, you should be extremely proud of your achievement...Love Love Love

Really sorry to hear you won't be taking on any more projects. Your build from start to finish has been a real joy to follow and its a pity you won't be doing any more... Hopefully one day you'll change your mind and build something.....Cool Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
DaDokta
#386 Posted : 20 March 2020 09:40:32

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Congratulation to your stunning build!! The yellow medal is well deserved!
Greetings,
Walter

Present builds:
Revell B-24D Liberator 1:48

On the shelf:
Italeri "Fiat Mefistofele", Italeri "Moto Guzzi California", Fokker "Red Baron", Revell Bismarck, Revell Tirpitz, Arab Dow, Stage Coach, .....

Completed builds:
McLaren MP4/4, D-51 Steam Locomotive, HMS Victory, GWH F-15D Eagle, St. Stephen`s Cathedral (cardboard), Solar-powered paddle Steamer (little project with my son), HMS Victory X-section, "Geli" Phantom II (cardboard)
John Passmore
#387 Posted : 23 March 2020 13:26:47

Plymouth57 wrote:
Hi John.

The first set of pedestals I bought for my Constructo 'Grimsby' I found in the local Antics model shop. The set I've got standing by waiting for the old DelPrado Victory are 35mm ones by Amati which I'm pretty sure I bought from Cornwall Model Boats but I think most of the model ship suppliers like Model Dockyard etc will also have them available. Having said that I've just tried a search and they are becoming really hard to find! There's some on ebay mostly from the US and China and the price has gone up a lot!
Might be worth looking around the on-line shops though. One of my model ship books had a photo of a lovely set of pedestals made from a pair of modern brass door knobs!Cool
Best of luck, I didn't realise they had got so scarce!

Robin.

Hi Robin

There is nothing here in Australia so I have had a look at Cornwall, they haven't got what I'm looking for either. I will go on Ebay
as I'm thinking a pair of small brass candlesticks and cut off the bases, which might do the trick...Cool
Many thanks for your help....BigGrin

Regards
JohnP
John Passmore
#388 Posted : 23 March 2020 13:44:28

Gandale wrote:
A stunning result for all your efforts, patience and above all your skill.. Very well done John, you should be extremely proud of your achievement...Love Love Love

Really sorry to hear you won't be taking on any more projects. Your build from start to finish has been a real joy to follow and its a pity you won't be doing any more... Hopefully one day you'll change your mind and build something.....Cool Cool Cool

Regards

Alan

Hi Alan

Thank you for your kind words - they are much appreciated. No, I won't be doing any more projects as I am 78 and in declining health now....Glare
However, I am trying to source a display case as SotS is gathering dust. I have a possible supplier in San Diego US, so I'll post a couple of pics when it's all sorted....Cool

Regards
JohnP
John Passmore
#389 Posted : 23 March 2020 13:47:43

DaDokta wrote:
Congratulation to your stunning build!! The yellow medal is well deserved!

Hi Walter

Thanks for looking in and the nice compliments. Much appreciated....Cool

Regards
JohnP
John Passmore
#390 Posted : 30 March 2020 01:52:51

Hi Everyone

I've tossed her into a garbage bag!!!....Laugh

I have ordered a nice display case for her as she was collecting dust at a rapid rate....Blink

Delivery is up to 3 months away, so I've put her into hybernation for the duration!....LOL

Will update with photo when she is installed...BigGrin

Regards to all - and stay safe with all this viral mayhem going on...Cool

JohnP
John Passmore attached the following image(s):
326. SotS hybernating.JPG
John Passmore
#391 Posted : 09 July 2020 07:39:02

Hi Everyone

This forum doesn't give me enough time to write all I need (drops out after 5 mins and erases everything I wrote)...Angry

Updating: Unsurprisingly, I will not receive the display case now until October (supplier is ex Sydney) due to the Covid-19 pandemic, so I am doing a bit of R&D on the display stand option...BigGrin
Details on another post

Regards
JohnP
John Passmore
#392 Posted : 09 July 2020 07:48:49

Hi Everyone

I am considering options for the display supports. I have the DeAg stand but I want to see what brass pedestals may look like...Blink
I have searched op shops and the web for suitable brass candlesticks but nothing doing, so I found the attached magnetic door stops in Bunnings...
Supposed to brass but are actually electroplated die cast metal - made in China, of course...Cool

The one on the right is as purchased and on the left with all the bits prised out....Laugh The slot at the top is 8mm so needs packing out...Cool

More Later

Regards
JohnP
John Passmore
#393 Posted : 09 July 2020 07:59:48

Here's the photo - finally....Angry grrrr
327.Brass pedestals.JPG
birdaj2
#394 Posted : 09 July 2020 08:29:51

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

John

That is a nice idea for using as a stand.

I like the shape of these and think they will look really good under the model.

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
John Passmore
#395 Posted : 09 July 2020 09:41:42

birdaj2 wrote:
John

That is a nice idea for using as a stand.

I like the shape of these and think they will look really good under the model.

Tony

Hi Tony

Thanks for looking in. Yes they are only $6.95 each and I like the shape too, but I don't like the shiny electroplating. I'll try painting them with Admiralty Paints Gold - same as the model...Cool

Regards
JohnP
John Passmore
#396 Posted : 21 November 2020 04:28:27

Hi Everyone

Finally got the display case together....BigGrin

Here's some photos....

Regards to All
JohnP
SotS Nov 2020-1.JPG
SotS Nov 2020-2.JPG
SotS Nov 2020-3.JPG
tf64
#397 Posted : 21 November 2020 10:05:10

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Fantastic build John, the sign of a master builder.

Regards

Trev
Work in progress: Tombstone (Scratch) - San Francisco 2. -The Mayflower ( scratch by plan).

Markwarren
#398 Posted : 21 November 2020 10:21:13

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Very nice display. Shows her in all her true glory.Love Love

Mark
Gandale
#399 Posted : 21 November 2020 23:41:31

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

I'd be very proud to display this one John, excellent work throughout.....Love Love Love

Regards

Alan
John Passmore
#400 Posted : 23 November 2020 05:32:45

tf64 wrote:
Fantastic build John, the sign of a master builder.

Regards

Trev

Thanks for the accolade Trev - dunno about being a master builder as this was my first effort...BigGrin

Regards
JohnP