5 Pages <1234>»
DaDokta´s D-51 build Options
Tomick
#21 Posted : 12 September 2014 16:07:59

Groups:

A nice clean build, well done Cool
birdaj2
#22 Posted : 12 September 2014 22:51:46

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Some lovely work there.

Just received my pack 4 in the post today so looking forward to a few minutes to myself this weekend to do sone more.

Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
Gandale
#23 Posted : 12 September 2014 23:10:58

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Looks great, lovely work you have done..... keep the posts coming.....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
arpurchase
#24 Posted : 12 September 2014 23:17:18

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Looking goodCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Billy
#25 Posted : 13 September 2014 00:19:41

Red Medal: Red Medal

My complements on the quality of the pictures. Keep up the good work.
Love the close up shots showing the detail.
DaDokta
#26 Posted : 13 September 2014 09:47:47

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Thanks guys for your nice comments!

I must admit this was the second time, i built this stage - the first time i didn`t read Mr.T`s official build - and didn`t use thread lock for those screws.

Regarding the thread lock i have a question: Now that i bought some, should i use the thread lock for all the screws, or is there some advice, when to use it and when not?

Thanks,
DaDokta
Greetings,
Walter

Present builds:
Revell B-24D Liberator 1:48

On the shelf:
Italeri "Fiat Mefistofele", Italeri "Moto Guzzi California", Fokker "Red Baron", Revell Bismarck, Revell Tirpitz, Arab Dow, Stage Coach, .....

Completed builds:
McLaren MP4/4, D-51 Steam Locomotive, HMS Victory, GWH F-15D Eagle, St. Stephen`s Cathedral (cardboard), Solar-powered paddle Steamer (little project with my son), HMS Victory X-section, "Geli" Phantom II (cardboard)
birdaj2
#27 Posted : 13 September 2014 12:27:43

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

DaDokta

One thing to check with your thread lock is the type you have purchased.

One will allow the screws to be removed with normal hand tolls the other sets solid and that could cause you some issues if you are looking to paint at a later stage at which point I believe some of the major assemblies are broken down again.

My own personal view would be to use it on screws that will no longer be accessible once the model is complete.

Enjoying your build.

Happy Modelling

SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
Billy
#28 Posted : 13 September 2014 14:41:00

Red Medal: Red Medal

This subject of the screw lock came up before in discussion. It was noted that some screws are removed later for additional items to be added.
davetwin
#29 Posted : 18 September 2014 14:07:23

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Everytime I see a D51 build log I see lots of new details. Although the subject matter is not for me this kit really is fantastic and will make a stunning model when finished.

You are doing a graet job on yours and I will be following it through ThumpUp
birdaj2
#30 Posted : 18 September 2014 19:20:03

DaDokta

Another top quality update on your builds your one pack ahead of me and I have about another 3-4 weeks to get the parts you have just completed.

I am holding off my smoke box build until I get some more of the main boiler parts. That said I was really surprised at how heavy the build is becoming. It will need a very strong table to hold this one soon.
Happy Modelling

arpurchase
#31 Posted : 18 September 2014 20:25:12

BigGrin Looking greatCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

DaDokta
#32 Posted : 18 September 2014 21:27:12

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Thanks for your nice comments!
Greetings,
Walter

Present builds:

On the shelf:
Italeri "Fiat Mefistofele", Italeri "Moto Guzzi California", Fokker "Red Baron", Revell Bismarck, Revell Tirpitz, Arab Dow, Stage Coach, .....

Completed builds:
McLaren MP4/4, D-51 Steam Locomotive, HMS Victory, GWH F-15D Eagle, St. Stephen`s Cathedral (cardboard), Solar-powered paddle Steamer (little project with my son), HMS Victory X-section, "Geli" Phantom II (cardboard)
DaDokta
#33 Posted : 17 October 2014 08:32:42

She`s starting to look like a loco - now that the first wheels are on!
As you can see, i did not assemble all the parts of Stage 21 - as they will be dissassebled again in a later stage.
DaDokta attached the following image(s):
IMG_5606.JPG
IMG_5660.JPG
IMG_5667.JPG
Greetings,
Walter

Present builds:

On the shelf:

Completed builds:
Tomick
#34 Posted : 17 October 2014 09:52:31

Groups:

Looks like your enjoying this build Cool
DaDokta
#35 Posted : 17 October 2014 12:21:06

Very much so, Mr.T!
Greetings,
Walter

Present builds:

On the shelf:

Completed builds:
birdaj2
#36 Posted : 17 October 2014 16:08:42

This will be the next set of parts I get in about a months time so looking forward to start adding the wheels.

It really is a very enjoyable model and can set you are getting some enjoyment from this one.

Happy Modelling

davetwin
#37 Posted : 18 November 2014 23:16:43

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

It is a fantastically detailed model and it certainly looks like you are doing it justice. Great work
mwb
#38 Posted : 19 November 2014 03:04:35

Hi DaDokta,

Your build is looking good. This is a really fantastic kit. I did notice that the reverse shaft (brass piece with the curve in it) has the curve facing up but it should be down so the boiler will fit on the frame. Hope this helps.

Mark
DaDokta
#39 Posted : 19 November 2014 08:28:08

Thanks for the heads-up, Mark!
I just watched for the holes pointing to the rear - and forgot to mind the direction of the curve of the bar!

Fortunately this will be easy to correct.

DaDokta
Greetings,
Walter

Present builds:

On the shelf:

Completed builds:
Pilgrim
#40 Posted : 19 November 2014 10:46:13

Same mistake I made but didn't spot it until much later when I couldn't get the main chassis to sit correctly. So much easier to correct it now than in a few stages time.