Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages <123
Builders in USA Options
experten
#41 Posted : 14 June 2014 23:56:46

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Official Builds

Hi Racergal,

Am I right in assuming that you might be using Safari as your browser? If so, there is an issue there that is being worked on. Try using Firefox.

As far as your info, it didn't make it. Since the browser isn't handshaking on the transaction, it never went anywhere. So, no worries!

Try the FF. If there are still issues, shoot me a PM.
Tired, Old, and Cranky!
Gary O
#42 Posted : 15 June 2014 18:25:00

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

I think others have had problems placing orders online. I didn't when I ordered mine a couple of months ago.
Your husband will really love the detail and precision of these kits. I used to assemble components for the aerospace industry and both the Senna and D51 kits rival the tolerances used. Has he got some sort of bench top holding fixture to aid with his one handed assembly?
D51, Senna McLaren. Pocher Alfa Romeo 8C-2300 Monza 1931 1/8 scale. Pocher Lamborghini Aventador white roadster.Tamiya 1/12 Ferrari Enzo. Toyota GT2000.
Racergal
#43 Posted : 17 June 2014 01:00:43

Thanks for the help and suggestions. I will give it a go - either way he will likely be joining the US builder group very soon!

Gary, thanks for the bench top holding fixture suggestion; a very good idea given that this will be his first modeling kit of this caliber and will want it to go well.
Gary O
#44 Posted : 17 June 2014 11:46:40

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Harbor Freight sells one that has a magnifying glass and a couple of crocodile clips on it. You may want to put a layer of electrical tape on the clips to keep from scratching parts. Also check out Micro Mark for tools.
D51, Senna McLaren. Pocher Alfa Romeo 8C-2300 Monza 1931 1/8 scale. Pocher Lamborghini Aventador white roadster.Tamiya 1/12 Ferrari Enzo. Toyota GT2000.
karl1113
#45 Posted : 17 June 2014 19:31:11

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

hi racer,good to see another on the u.s. forum,looking forward to your build.BigGrin
Current builds: SotS, USS Consitution, San Felipe, D51 loco, HMS Surprise, RB7, Arab Dhow, Jotika HMS Victory
Completed builds: HMS Pickel, Thermopylae, Mississipi river boat, Mary Rose, Cutty Sark, San Francisco II, HMS Victory x5, Titanic Lifeboat, Panart HMS Victory Launch, Hachette Titanic, Virginia Schooner, Endeavour Longboat.

http://www.model-space.com/gb/
PineTree
#46 Posted : 18 June 2014 00:50:26

Got a box yesterday and it was the first pack which really surprised me because I never got an email stating shipment. Excited to start the build as I've never done anything of this scale before. Might wait until I get some more packs and seeing the expert builds before I start though.

Racergal: Nice to see someone else from Arizona getting a kit! I also experienced buying issues online. I was using the Safari browser on my mac with no luck until I installed Firefox and that went through no problem. I'm guessing using Chrome will work too. No idea why Safari doesn't work, but hopefully that will get you that first month free.
NewGuy
#47 Posted : 18 June 2014 03:00:29

Hi, I've been lurking for a while, haven't built a model in years, but couldn't resist the MP4/4. So I've ordered and it's been shipped! Question though, and apologies, I know it's been asked before, but I am super confused about glue. I'm in California and I'm having a hard time deciphering (sp?) different glues. I've found;

-instacure+ CA medium (I think I'm ok with this one...)
-Tamiya extra thin cement
- model master liquid cement for plastic models (which says it's good for ABS and Polystyrene)

Will this work, or do I need something else?

Thanks for the help!
Tomick
#48 Posted : 18 June 2014 08:35:40

Groups:

Experten is US based and should be able to provide the information you need. Welcome to ModelSpace and hope you enjoy your stay with us. Cool

NewGuy
#49 Posted : 18 June 2014 10:02:56

Tomick wrote:
Experten is US based and should be able to provide the information you need. Welcome to ModelSpace and hope you enjoy your stay with us. Cool

Thank you very much, I appreciate it!
experten
#50 Posted : 18 June 2014 18:05:12

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Official Builds

Hiya Newguy!

Let me join everyone else in welcoming you.

As far as cement goes, I have been building the MP4/23, and I use either thin CA, applied with a CA applicator, or my "go to" cement, TENAX7R. The TENAX is available on ebay, and it runs about 5 bucks a bottle. I use either a "Touch-n-flow" applicator, or a fine brush. The nice thing about the TENAX is that is has a very quick set time. The Tamiya I have never been fond of.

HTH!
Tired, Old, and Cranky!
NewGuy
#51 Posted : 19 June 2014 02:20:02

Thanks! I'll look for those!