Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

MiniMaina88's Build Options
Minimaina88
#1 Posted : 24 May 2014 23:48:22

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Hi there

As you can likely tell that I'm quite new to this Build Forum, but have been modelling for many years now so I thought I would share a few pictures of my build so far.. I have undertaken a few big builds like this before with the MP4/23 that I have done.... well 2 I have done as had to build another for my father (but that's another story...) I'm also undertaking my First Ship Build as well something that I haven't done before which is quite nice as I get a bit of creative freedom with that, getting things looking the way that I feel is right... but anyway going of topic,

Hopefully my pictures have uploaded correctly for all to see, I have added some extra details to the model nothing crazy, just decided to go with a bit of carbon fibre and also like most now adding the extra logos, and I also matt sprayed the monocoque under the front nose, but just the extra touches I'm happy with doing.

other then that excuse the messy desk in the photos, lol and please as I say this isn't my first build but is the first time I have decided to go that extra step with details so please any advice would be greatly helpful..

many thanks for checking my build
File Attachment(s):
photo 1.JPG (1,993kb) downloaded 121 time(s).
photo 2.JPG (2,139kb) downloaded 80 time(s).
photo 3.JPG (2,379kb) downloaded 80 time(s).
photo 3 (2).JPG (2,046kb) downloaded 71 time(s).
photo 1 (2).JPG (1,676kb) downloaded 89 time(s).
photo 4 (2).JPG (1,703kb) downloaded 79 time(s).
photo 4.JPG (1,802kb) downloaded 119 time(s).
arpurchase
#2 Posted : 25 May 2014 00:09:20

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Hi Minimania
firstly welcome to the forum, if you resize your pics to 600 x 400 pixels they should show up fine on the forum page
Regards
AndyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Eagle
#3 Posted : 25 May 2014 02:19:53

Red Medal: Red Medal

Welcome to the forum, spectacular work on adding the carbon fiber details; did you use the Museum Collection decals set? How were you able to make the fiber pattern detail stand out so much?
Minimaina88
#4 Posted : 25 May 2014 10:38:26

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

arpurchase wrote:
BigGrin Hi Minimania
firstly welcome to the forum, if you resize your pics to 600 x 400 pixels they should show up fine on the forum page
Regards
AndyCool

Cheers andy I will do that for the next bundle of photos I did wonder why they didn't show up but did upload them from my phone lol

Thanks as well eagle, but I have used their set for the logo decals, but the carbon was a nice pack of 5 sheets I got from online, which I wanted to cut and shape as I wanted to add extra areas which the pack didn't include, but I then clear coated the decal so that it doesn't crack or come off which is what I will do over the logo decals as well, but I did find that it showed up the carbon really nice. I even tried a matt spray with a clear coat over the top on some extra parts from the mp4/23 to see if it would take some of the gloss off and it worked but didn't look that nice, so left it just in clear coat