Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

7 Pages «<34567>
William's Build Options
stevie_o
#81 Posted : 11 August 2014 16:48:04

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hi William, I cant really see what you mean from that one pic, but from what I can see it does look like you can add the next row as normal. If you find you need to force lateral movement in the bow plank then you will need to add a dropper.

Unless I'm missing something in the pic?

Steve
William's Build
#82 Posted : 11 August 2014 17:01:49

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Thanks Steve-o. Purhaps this demonstrates this better.
William's Build attached the following image(s):
image.jpg
stevie_o
#83 Posted : 11 August 2014 17:13:42

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

William's Build
#84 Posted : 12 August 2014 04:48:49

Thanks Steve-I so just to be clear, the whole line doesn't have to be perfectly straight as long as it all marry's up ok? I'll have to vertically bend it slightly when I'm at the bow end.....
ian smith
#85 Posted : 12 August 2014 13:03:54

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi William.
Very Nice build. look forward to seeing your progress IanBigGrin
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.
stevie_o
#86 Posted : 12 August 2014 13:30:14

William's Build wrote:
Thanks Steve-I so just to be clear, the whole line doesn't have to be perfectly straight as long as it all marry's up ok? I'll have to vertically bend it slightly when I'm at the bow end.....

Yes, that's right - the planks dont have to be seen to be a straight line when viewed from the side, they may curve up toward the bow.
The planks will bend laterally in a gentle curve but if it needs to be forced then this is where you will need to follow alternative measures as mentioned in the mags.

Steve
Ponty
#87 Posted : 13 August 2014 08:00:35

Your build is looking awesome William.
Building - DeAgostini HMS Victory, McLaren MP4-23, Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa, Harley Davidson Fat Boy, Lamborghini Countach
birdaj2
#88 Posted : 13 August 2014 09:55:41

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

William

Your build is coming along a real treat.

Happy modelling

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
William's Build
#89 Posted : 26 September 2014 21:33:57

Thanks all! I have been dealing with family issues resently so haven't had the headspace to do much but I have started my first dropper planks and have tidied up the lines on the 1st 34ft launch. Will upload some pics when I have something more substantial.

I have also cancelled my subscription for now. To be honest I've had a nightmare with customer services. I've still got several issues yet to do so in the meantime I will try and catch any future issues on eBay etc.

Keeping an eye on peoples builds though! ;-)
Gandale
#90 Posted : 26 September 2014 22:59:41

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

William's Build wrote:
Thanks all! I have been dealing with family issues resently so haven't had the headspace to do much but I have started my first dropper planks and have tidied up the lines on the 1st 34ft launch. Will upload some pics when I have something more substantial.

I have also cancelled my subscription for now. To be honest I've had a nightmare with customer services. I've still got several issues yet to do so in the meantime I will try and catch any future issues on eBay etc.

Keeping an eye on peoples builds though! ;-)

Hi William, really sorry to hear you have cancelled your subscription and hope at some time you will reconsider... You're doing a great job and I wish you luck trying to catch up on issues from ebay.... Have you tried sending a PM to admin with your account details outlining the problems you have been having with CS... You never know, admin just may be able to help sort things out for you.... Good luck and best wishes...

Regards

Alan
William's Build
#91 Posted : 27 September 2014 18:03:17

Thanks Alan. It's by no means me giving up, I'm just going to look about sourcing them elsewhere. Basically whenever I had issues I would speak directly to Simon Watson who has been the best part in this. Basically main concerns are the customer service company that operates on behalf of deagostini and the way the business model is set up with packages taking weeks and weeks to turn up. Had problems from day one and would rather a more stress free approach!

In other news about to finish my first dropper plank!

William.
William's Build
#92 Posted : 27 September 2014 18:03:22

Thanks Alan. It's by no means me giving up, I'm just going to look about sourcing them elsewhere. Basically whenever I had issues I would speak directly to Simon Watson who has been the best part in this. Basically main concerns are the customer service company that operates on behalf of deagostini and the way the business model is set up with packages taking weeks and weeks to turn up. Had problems from day one and would rather a more stress free approach!

In other news about to finish my first dropper plank!

William.
stevie_o
#93 Posted : 27 September 2014 18:17:56

Hi William,
You may find then on ebay pretty readily available but will probably be a rip off with P+P as well, often £6.00 plus the postage. It may be a better idea to buy the back issues as and when you need or want them direct from DeAg with free delivery if you dont wish to be tied to a subscription.

http://shop.deagostini.c...sues/build-hms-victory/

Good luck with it anywayBigGrin

Steve
William's Build
#94 Posted : 02 October 2014 15:03:50

Quick question - how do i avoid (i think its called) clinkering?
stevie_o
#95 Posted : 02 October 2014 16:01:41

Hi William,

Clinkering can be avoided by tapering and chamfering or beveling the upper edge of the plank you are laying and is generally required at the bow and stern areas.
There is a great pdf here, look at the sections on tapering and beveling (page 28 onwards in the document) -

http://modelshipworldfor...ingprojectbeginners.pdf

Steve

William's Build
#96 Posted : 20 July 2015 13:25:20

Haven't been very active on the boat recently but I plan on getting stuck back in soon enough, watch this space!
z8000783
#97 Posted : 20 July 2015 13:27:55

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Unapproved

You and me both. We need to make a pact.
Gerrit
#98 Posted : 20 July 2015 14:16:44

Looking forward to your update. Also started building again and enjoying it a lot!!!

All the best
Gerrit
William's Build
#99 Posted : 08 August 2018 14:21:22

UPDATE*

Well hasn't it been a while!! Swinging back into model mode after taking a break to focus on building my business. Got a little bit to finish off on current issues, but, after that I'll begin working on Issue 40.

Current pics coming soon including the new woodshop/warehouse/man-cave/barn that the ship will be built in!

Can someone remind me how to upload photos on here? I remember it being tricky.
CaptnBirdseye
#100 Posted : 08 August 2018 14:43:53

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Here you go, William, and welcome back ThumpUp This is the link to how to add photos.

http://forum.model-space....aspx?g=posts&t=244

Regards
Gray