Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages <123>
DaDokta`s AKAGI Options
arpurchase
#21 Posted : 20 August 2014 21:05:35

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

BigGrin Hi DaDocta
Sorry to jump your build but i will answer Tigerace's questions,if you visit Cornwall Model Boats the pins your seeking are on this page

http://www.cornwallmodel..._nails.html#aA4134_2f10

The Pin Pusher is on this page

http://www.cornwallmodel...ammers_pin_pushers.html

Of course these are only examples and your local model shop my have them stocked, hope this helps

Regards

Andy
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

tigerace
#22 Posted : 21 August 2014 00:22:10

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Thanks to Both of you will check them out BigGrin
COMING SOON =1/72 Italeri diorama`s Battle for the Reichstag and Stalingrad battle at the tractor factory 1/16 Trumpeter King Tiger with loads of extras ON THE GO= refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!

Gandale
#23 Posted : 29 August 2014 23:02:48

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Nicely done Dadokta, soon have all the hull covered.... Look forward to seeing more...

Regards

Alan
arpurchase
#24 Posted : 30 August 2014 09:43:06

BigGrin Looking goodBigGrin Cool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

cruorangelussilicis
#25 Posted : 30 August 2014 14:37:25

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

All looking very nice
Yutaro HONMA
#26 Posted : 02 September 2014 05:55:46

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi DaDokta!
No problem. You are on the right process about 1st question.

The rear part of the flight deck was upslope to reduce the speed of the landing aircrafts. On the other hand, the front side was downslope to accelerate the aircrafts taking off.

The side view of the Akagi's flight deck seemed to be "へ" shape.

In Japan, DeAGOSTINI announced it in the instruction manual.

Best Regards,
Yutaro
DeAGOSTINI 1/250 the YAMATO, 1/250 the AKAGI.
Hasegawa Co. 1/350 Battle ship NGATO, 1/350 Aircraft carrier Akagi, Battle ship MIKASA.
Water line series 1/700 Battle ship YAMATO, HIEI, YAMASHIRO, Aircraft carrier HIRYU,TAIHO, Heavy Cruiser Myoukou, Ashigara, Nachi, Haguro & others.
Yutaro HONMA
#27 Posted : 02 September 2014 06:32:57

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi DaDokta!
I send a post for your second question.

Since I can not see the steps on your model directly, this is just my opinion.Blushing

Telling the truth, I removed steps on the hull. When I attached rear armour plates, I noticed they were necessary. Althouh I had lost them, it was easy to recover. I just glued some pieces of wood plates there.

At this time, I can not identify the steps removed by me were the same steps of your model.

I attached the photos of the steps of mine and URL of my page. Please refer to them.

http://yhonma.world.coocan.jp/D_akagi_7.htm#K5

Best Regards,
Yutaro
Yutaro HONMA attached the following image(s):
image025.jpg
image026.jpg
Hasegawa Co. 1/350 Battle ship NGATO, 1/350 Aircraft carrier Akagi, Battle ship MIKASA.
Water line series 1/700 Battle ship YAMATO, HIEI, YAMASHIRO, Aircraft carrier HIRYU,TAIHO, Heavy Cruiser Myoukou, Ashigara, Nachi, Haguro & others.
DaDokta
#28 Posted : 03 September 2014 10:20:20

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Thanks Yutaro!

So this is what she look like at the moment:

I know this comes at a later stage, but i couldn`t help test-fitting the decks - and i was quite pleased with the look! :)
DaDokta attached the following image(s):
IMG_5541.JPG
IMG_5542.JPG
IMG_5543.JPG
IMG_5545.JPG
Greetings,
Walter

Present builds:
Revell B-24D Liberator 1:48

On the shelf:
Italeri "Fiat Mefistofele", Italeri "Moto Guzzi California", Fokker "Red Baron", Revell Bismarck, Revell Tirpitz, Arab Dow, Stage Coach, .....

Completed builds:
McLaren MP4/4, D-51 Steam Locomotive, HMS Victory, GWH F-15D Eagle, St. Stephen`s Cathedral (cardboard), Solar-powered paddle Steamer (little project with my son), HMS Victory X-section, "Geli" Phantom II (cardboard)
birdaj2
#29 Posted : 03 September 2014 10:23:19

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

DaDokta

Coming along very well indeed.. Not long now and you will have that hull fully planked and then onto the other parts.

Happy modelling

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
arpurchase
#30 Posted : 03 September 2014 18:59:52

BigGrin Looking greatCool

Yutaro HONMA
#31 Posted : 04 September 2014 03:12:09

Hi DaDokta!
You are welcome. I have a small advice from our experiments in Japan.

In Japan, DeAGOSTINI's manual instructed us to glue the hull's accessories at the too early stage of the building.

I think that bilge-keels, screws and their attachemts should be glued just before hull painting.

Otherwise such structures would get out the places again and again when you build the hull.Crying

Please note that.

Best Regards,
Yutaro
DaDokta
#32 Posted : 04 September 2014 07:23:33

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Thanks again!

Actually - as i have all the parts available - i was considering finishing the hull and all its attachements first - as if being a model for itself.

And afterwards building the hangars and everything thats located above the deck.

Or would you not recommend that?
Greetings,
Walter

Present builds:

On the shelf:
Italeri "Fiat Mefistofele", Italeri "Moto Guzzi California", Fokker "Red Baron", Revell Bismarck, Revell Tirpitz, Arab Dow, Stage Coach, .....

Completed builds:
McLaren MP4/4, D-51 Steam Locomotive, HMS Victory, GWH F-15D Eagle, St. Stephen`s Cathedral (cardboard), Solar-powered paddle Steamer (little project with my son), HMS Victory X-section, "Geli" Phantom II (cardboard)
DaDokta
#33 Posted : 05 September 2014 10:47:27

Hi guys,
the planking is finished:
IMG_5549.JPG
IMG_5550.JPG
IMG_5552.JPG
Greetings,
Walter

Present builds:

On the shelf:

Completed builds:
arpurchase
#34 Posted : 05 September 2014 11:13:19

BigGrin Hi DaDokta

Looking great, now you have several hours shaping and sanding to look forward to. Cant wait to see the results

Regards

AndyCool

Yutaro HONMA
#35 Posted : 08 September 2014 05:52:32

Hi DaDokta!

You are welcome.

I think DeAGOSTINI Akagi model is not bad and the building manual is almost correct. But there are some fatal errors of building brocesses unfortunately.

I hope that you refer to my topics in Model Space forum.

"A renewed building diary in English" in this section.

"Look before you leap - advices from our Japanese experience" in Akagi model discussion.

Best Regards,
Yutaro
DaDokta
#36 Posted : 25 September 2014 19:43:22

[size=8]Some progress on the AKAGI. Not much change visible but still it was a few hours work!
A little bit of fairing, attached the stern, filled at the bow.
File Attachment(s):
IMG_5591.JPG (2,039kb) downloaded 62 time(s).
IMG_5592.JPG (2,955kb) downloaded 59 time(s).
IMG_5632.JPG (2,272kb) downloaded 62 time(s).
Greetings,
Walter

Present builds:

On the shelf:

Completed builds:
Gandale
#37 Posted : 25 September 2014 22:54:23

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

She's coming along very nicely.... well done... Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
DaDokta
#38 Posted : 29 October 2014 19:16:15

I don`t know if one can see much on these pictures - but this is the result of the first turn of filling and sanding the hull on the port side with a 60 sanding paper.
I must say, i`m very pleased with the result.
Of course there remains much work to do!

IMG_5636.JPG
IMG_5637.JPG
IMG_5638.JPG
Greetings,
Walter

Present builds:

On the shelf:

Completed builds:
arpurchase
#39 Posted : 29 October 2014 19:19:11

BigGrin Looking goodCool

Gandale
#40 Posted : 30 October 2014 23:16:25

Nicely done, coming along very nicely indeed.....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan