Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages <1234>»
AndreZS1AZ BUILD DIARY Options
AndreZS1AZ
#21 Posted : 07 March 2015 08:54:54

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

I have decided not to use loktite on the screws. I will be using silicone instead. It will stop the screws coming loose from vibration but the screw is also easier to remove. Will post some photos this weekend, promise.
It's not the fall that kills you, it's the sudden stop

Building: Bismark, 2.5m wingspan glider
AndreZS1AZ
#22 Posted : 07 March 2015 16:51:17

As promised, here are a few pictures of what I am getting up to. I am so far behind, it's not funny but I do have a few excusesBlushing Ham radio, rc planes, rc boats, full time workHuh and a wife that is Mad I am building in a sequence that suites me, so the shocks must still be done. Came across a problem this afternoonConfused I fitted the bearings into the front wheels where they are loose but that I will sort out. Fitted the wheels to the spindles and tightened the nut. The wheels have excessive in/out movement on the shaft. One of two options. Cut more thread on the shaft or space it up with washers. We are paying a lot so we should not have this sort of problemAngry
AndreZS1AZ attached the following image(s):
RB7 1.JPG
RB7 2.JPG
RB7 3.JPG

AndreZS1AZ
#23 Posted : 07 March 2015 22:10:41

I forgot to mention that I use the tip of a Philips screwdriver to open up the hole where the screw goes in, as shown in the first picture. I put the point of the screwdriver in the mouth of the hole and just give a few left and right twists. The screw will enter much easier.

AndreZS1AZ
#24 Posted : 08 March 2015 12:12:09

I have now finished issue 30. Use the alan key to turn in the threaded rod. I am just very upset with the fit of the linkages. There is a lot of play that must now be corrected. With the amount of money that we are paying I expected better fitting parts. I have a cheapy rc buggy with less slop on the steering. Now I must fix the very sloppy bearings, they fall around in the hub, and the steering linkage. Has anyone else had this problem?
P1030675.JPG
P1030677.JPG

Chasecar
#25 Posted : 17 March 2015 09:22:29

Hi Andre, Yep agree with post 22. SOOO MUCH to do SOOO little timeConfused
Chasecar
AndreZS1AZ
#26 Posted : 16 June 2015 15:42:19

Sorry folksBlushing I have been doing all sorts of things except work on the car. Would you believe that I found my slot car that was last used in 1974, that rather dates me. Ok, here is a picture of the linkage where I have excessive playCursing
STEERING LINK.JPG

AndreZS1AZ
#27 Posted : 18 July 2015 15:57:41

Right, I have not been here for a while so let's try and make up. I am up to issue 50 but I am jumping around with the build. Let's go to the diff. The lubricants that I use I take upon my own head and the comments are my own. I used some red rubber grease on the O rings and a high pressure liquid grease on the shafts. I cannot see why they do not recommend lubricating the shafts. I mean, it is fast turning part without lubrication! O rings and seals should always be lubricated with a bit of rubber grease. As I said, this is what I am doing. Here are some pictures.
RUBBER GREASE ON O RING.JPG
HIGH PRESSURE GREASE.JPG
REAR SWING ARMS.JPG

AndreZS1AZ
#28 Posted : 30 July 2015 18:28:38

Ok, done the diff and I will wait for the right hand axle shaft before I continue. I sprayed some high pressure grease into the coupling where the left hand shaft sits in the hubs. See the pictures and the arrows. Just remember, all lubrication that I use I do at my own discretion. I take no responsibility if something goes wrong.
Just a quick rundown on my credentials. I am a Master Foreman and Technical Advisor for our local Toyota agency. I am using products on the RB7 that we use on our vehicles
P1030910.JPG
P1030911.JPG
P1030912.JPG

AndreZS1AZ
#29 Posted : 07 September 2015 19:28:39

Hi to all of you out there. I was getting ready to assemble the shocks when I hit a bit of a problem with the shock in issue 54. It was damagedAngry but I have received a replacement shockCool At the moment it is too wet and cold to go to the Wendy house to assemble themBored but here is a picture of my preparations. I cobbled the stand together from left over light ply from one of my rc boats. I waited for the last shock because I want to assemble them all at the same time.
SHOCKS.JPG

AndreZS1AZ
#30 Posted : 12 September 2015 16:21:48

As I have said, I am building the RB7 in my own order. Right, all the shock parts have arrived and I have now assembled them. Please watch out that you do not mix the shocks up. The front shocks have the extra spacer and the springs also differ. In the last photo you will see the difference. 3 Coils on the front springs and 4 coils on the rear springs. Follow the instructions to get rid of the air bubbles, the front shocks with the spacers have lots of air trapped there.
READY.JPG
AIR BUBBLES.JPG
FILLED.JPG
ASSEMBLY.JPG
DONE.JPG

Steve279021
#31 Posted : 24 September 2015 15:32:05

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

coming along nicely your build isCool . Only thing I will say about putting the grease where them arrows are is that it will attract dirt and dust which will eventually probably wear quicker then a dry joint plus it will build up and also spray around the area.
Senna mclaren mp4/4 build complete mp4/4 build http://forum.model-space...spx?g=posts&t=12029

Dodge charger build
https://forum.deagostini....1686229545.1.1.utmcsr=(direct)|utmccn=(direct)|utmcmd=(none)&__utmv=-&__utmk=9709046
AndreZS1AZ
#32 Posted : 26 September 2015 07:20:03

Hi Steve, the grease that I am using is a high pressure spray on grease that does not splatter or get flung off with centrifugal force. When there is a dirt build up, I will clean it out with brake cleaner and re-grease. As I said, all the lubrication I take upon myself, so if there is a boo boo, it will be my problem, but I do not think that there will be problems as I have used these products before.

AndreZS1AZ
#33 Posted : 29 November 2015 12:09:18

Hi all of you out there. Here is a picture of the products that I am using. I will be posting some more of the car when I get a chance. Must go and bath the Rottweiler now.
PRODUCTS.JPG

AndreZS1AZ
#34 Posted : 14 December 2015 17:46:47

I received issues 67-70 today and I will assemble the engine over the weekend. There is a better way to assemble the head and shims. I will show that when I assemble the top. I first sprayed some HHS 2000 into the cup joint and then inserted the greased shafts. I will not be putting the wing on as I will only be running the car and will wait for the running wing. I am enjoying the build and working out how to get around some problems.
P1040012.JPG
P1040013.JPG

AndreZS1AZ
#35 Posted : 16 December 2015 14:17:56

It's a public holiday today here in SA, so I thought let's go for it and assemble the motor. First of all, I had to use a heat gun to warm up the cylinder to remove the piston. Being 220km from the nearest hobby shop, I am using liberal doses of 3 in 1 oil which I have been using for years. The first picture is of all the parts in order. The 2nd picture is of the inner bearing that you must not forget to lube. The 3rd picture is where you put a slight amount of grease on the cylinder head and fit the gasket. Put some grease on that gasket and fit the 2nd gasket. This will stop them from falling off when you fit the head. This is a better method than what the magazines say. Last picture is of the completed motor and the pull start works quite well with some tightness at TDC because of the taper. Just remember to store the engine with the piston at BDC. You will be able to see this through the exhaust port.

AndreZS1AZ
#36 Posted : 11 January 2016 18:55:19

Hi to all of you out there and may you all have a prosperous and healthy 2016. Sorry, the photos did load so I will try again
P1040017.JPG
P1040018.JPG
P1040019.JPG
P1040020.JPG

AndreZS1AZ
#37 Posted : 21 February 2016 17:10:41

Not much to report. The engine went together as expected. My only hassle is the amount of play on the rear of the car. I can measure it for those that are interested but there is at least 5mm play from toe in to toe out. I expected better from Kyosho. We are paying a lot of money for this kit and in my mind the amount of play is too much. I have had better from Hobby King.

AndreZS1AZ
#38 Posted : 19 March 2016 14:24:46

The engine is completed with the clutch bell etc, and now it is time to fit it into the chassis. The build of the engine was straight forward, no problems there. Just using 3 in 1 at the moment and the engine is in a box with a few packets of silica to keep the moisture away. With all the parts that I have, I could actually run the car but must wait for fuel from Cape Town. Here is a picture of the completed engine and it looks good.
ENGINE.JPG

AndreZS1AZ
#39 Posted : 07 April 2016 11:58:51

Fitted the motor and done the gear meshing. I have some very thin shim stock and I used that. Just very disappointed with the amount of slop on the rear suspension and wheels. Did not expect that from Kyosho. I will post photos next week if I get a chance. I am on leave and seem to have more work at home than at workBigGrin
CRINKLE CUT.JPG

AndreZS1AZ
#40 Posted : 04 May 2016 19:08:50

Hi all, back at work after a month's leave, what a bad deal. Anyway, I got parts up to issue 86 and assembled it all and got ready to start up after mixing some fuel. Yes, I mix my own go stuff. Connected everything up and hello, the steering servo goes full right and the receiver goes dead. Ok, pull off the servo saver and try again. Now the servo does not even move. The throttle does not work, receiver light dead. Unplug the steering servo and throttle works. Fit a brand new servo that I have in stock and it chatters and the throttle does not work properly. Swop the throttle position to the steering position on the receiver and I get less than 1/2 throttle. There you have it, the servo and the TX and RX are being sent back for possible replacement. The motor sounds good, much quieter than the buggy which I am enjoying. Crying tears about the hydroplane, the strut snapped after a few circuits and I was not even at full throttle. Here is the video of the test runs and the mishap: https://youtu.be/G4wBM6g8e6I