Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages 12>
Steam grave yard Options
kpnuts
#1 Posted : 02 August 2014 16:33:15

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hi all my next long term project will be made of all my broken steam models a steam grave yard, to give you an idea here is roughly what I am aming at

I've made a start on the base

Ken's the name modeling's the game.
kpnuts
#2 Posted : 02 August 2014 20:00:38

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi all a few pics, not fully weathered by any means just trying to get the composition right. which way round, bearing in mind I have a lot to fit on here.

Gandale
#3 Posted : 02 August 2014 23:38:24

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Hi KP, what a fabulous idea for a dio, will be following with interest to see how it develops.... Nice one...

Regards

Alan
kpnuts
#4 Posted : 03 August 2014 18:22:18

hi all is this enough weathering on the first engine or not, dont know much about rust effects and such

stevie_o
#5 Posted : 03 August 2014 20:10:29

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

kpnuts
#6 Posted : 04 August 2014 21:04:07

A small update.

kpnuts
#7 Posted : 05 August 2014 21:28:59

Hi all here is another update for tonight.

birdaj2
#8 Posted : 05 August 2014 22:02:59

Kp.

That really is something very clever, well thought out, and well executed.

Very well done indeed a very interesting diorama.

Happy modelling

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
kpnuts
#9 Posted : 05 August 2014 22:07:34

Thanks for the compliment Tony glad you like it.
Gandale
#10 Posted : 05 August 2014 23:24:36

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Now that is an excellent load of junk you've created...Laugh Laugh .. Wonderful work and a credit to your imagination.... very well done KP....Love Love

Regards

Alan
Nemesis
#11 Posted : 06 August 2014 08:32:19

Now that is just brilliant, a long forgotten farmyard!! Cant wait to see whats next!!!!BigGrin BigGrin
kpnuts
#12 Posted : 06 August 2014 21:01:57

Well here's whats next, glad you liked it.
Hi all here is my next update the junk yard is starting to fill up.

jase
#13 Posted : 07 August 2014 13:17:33

Some very nice and well considerd dio construction coupled with some excelent weathering.

Enjoying your work on this

jase
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
kpnuts
#14 Posted : 07 August 2014 20:39:56

Hi all here is tonights progress.

I decided that this scrapyard should have everything including a kitchen sink, but I don't have a 1/16th sink,so I devised a cunning plan to make one.
first I measured my sink then a made a 1/16th former.

then I cut a piece of ply 2mm bigger than the former (I will be using 2mm plasticard as my hot air gun has bit the dust I will be using a blow torch so need a fairly robust piece of plastic)for pushing the plastic over the former.

oops I did not heat the plastic up enough so only got it half way down before the plastic cooled down, then getting it off I snapped it so I had to make another one.

unfortunatlely I snapped this one getting it off as it was so tight, but this is what I got

and with a bit of cutting and drilling this is what i got

then when painted and added to the scrap yard here is the effect

Nemesis
#15 Posted : 08 August 2014 07:48:57

The kitchen sink is brilliant!! I am enjoying watching this build come along!!!BigGrin BigGrin
kpnuts
#16 Posted : 09 August 2014 19:23:39

Hi here is tonights instalment I have not done anything with the wood on the train as I have no idea how to weather plastic wood I may remove it altogether if I cant work out how to age it.

Gandale
#17 Posted : 09 August 2014 22:58:27

Finding the work on this dio simply amazing.. You really are producing something special here... credit to you....Drool Drool Love Love

Regards

Alan
kpnuts
#18 Posted : 10 August 2014 10:32:48

Thanks Alan glad you like the progress so far I think ageing the cab is going to be my hardest job.
kpnuts
#19 Posted : 10 August 2014 18:52:09

Hi all back to the junk yard, had a go at ageing the cab today.

kpnuts
#20 Posted : 11 August 2014 21:21:03

Well here is tonights update can't believe its nearly done.