Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

HMS Surprise Options
Carlos The Jackal
#1 Posted : 14 August 2014 09:32:02

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Hi
I’ve recently subscribed to the 28 part HMS Surprise. I just received the first issue of HMS Surprise. I’m very excited about my first ship model. Here are my first pics.BigGrin

Carlos The Jackal attached the following image(s):
image (1).gif
image4.gif
image 5.gif
birdaj2
#2 Posted : 14 August 2014 09:50:05

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Carlos

Welcome to the forum.

You have made a great choice with the HMS Surprise as it's a fantastic looking kit.

Hope you get lots of enjoyment from your build.

Happy modelling

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
stevie_o
#3 Posted : 14 August 2014 10:13:30

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Gandale
#4 Posted : 14 August 2014 10:28:57

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Hi Carlos, welcome to the forum and congratulations on selecting an excellent kit to build..... Look forward to seeing how you progress.... Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
Carlos The Jackal
#5 Posted : 14 August 2014 13:16:44

Hi
Second issue is here and jumped right into it with great enthusiasm. Everything seems to be going great so far.
image (8)1a.jpg
image (4)1a.jpg
image (5)1a.jpg
image (12)1a.jpg
arpurchase
#6 Posted : 14 August 2014 14:44:43

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Nice start CarlosCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

johncal
#7 Posted : 15 August 2014 00:28:30

Outstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Welcome to the forum and to a fun build. Just make sure you do a lot of research before you do anything and you'll get a much better result. There's an awful lot of great information out there on this ship.

good LuckBigGrin
Carlos The Jackal
#8 Posted : 19 August 2014 14:08:50

Thank you for the welcoming note. This is my first wooden model. And so far it has been very enjoyable. I’m sure problems are bound to happen.
Issue 3 arrived this weekend. The nailing pins are missing. I’ve had to improvise and go out and buy some. Weather wasn’t the greatest which gave me time to concentrate in getting the third issue started.
I used a graphite pencil to caulk each plank. Sanded the deck next weekend I’ll be varnishing the deck. Not too sure if that is the right thing to do?
image (7)a.jpg
image (11)1a.jpg
imageb (5)1b.jpg
imageb (6)1b.jpg
imageb (7)1b.jpg
imageb (4)1b.jpg
Carlos The Jackal
#9 Posted : 29 January 2016 11:02:43

Last night I decided to start the paint work on the ship. This is just the first coat. This coming weekend I’m hoping to spend a few hours on the paint work.
photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG
photo 3.JPG
photo 4.JPG
magpie1832
#10 Posted : 29 January 2016 22:34:27

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Your making great progress on her. She is a fine ship to build and your doing an awesome job of replicating her. Look forward to more pics.
Chris
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

Gandale
#11 Posted : 29 January 2016 23:48:12

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Looking great Carlos, very nice job on the paintwork....well done.....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
birdaj2
#12 Posted : 30 January 2016 00:20:00

It is a very sleek ship so you have picked a good model to build.

Looking really good now you are getting the colours in place
Happy Modelling

SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
Martyn Ingram
#13 Posted : 30 January 2016 09:19:04

BigGrin Very nicely done Carlos Cool

Rgd Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
Carlos The Jackal
#14 Posted : 01 March 2016 12:17:35

Back on the job again. I've made some progress in the last few days. The cannons have been a little challenging. I’m very happy the way it’s turned out.
Now going to start the next 12 cannons. This is going to take a little longer.
image1.jpg
image2.jpg
image4.jpg
image5.jpg
delboy271155
#15 Posted : 01 March 2016 15:36:30

Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi Carlos, BigGrin

Looking good and some nice progress.

Due to the gap in posts of your diary it appears you missed out on your blue medal, so I`m going to award that now. Congrats. Cool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Gandale
#16 Posted : 01 March 2016 16:50:55

Coming along nicely Carlos, well done......Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
birdaj2
#17 Posted : 01 March 2016 20:25:41

Carlos

That is looking one very nice model and i must admit its moving closer to the top of my next build/collect list.
Happy Modelling