Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

6 Pages «<23456>
Diorama Warspite gets a few scars Options
jase
#61 Posted : 07 November 2014 12:45:52

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

enjoying watching this keep the pics commingCool Cool
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
stevie_o
#62 Posted : 07 November 2014 13:10:35

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Gandale
#63 Posted : 07 November 2014 19:21:22

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Hi KP, I never get bored looking at quality work and this is quality.... great job you are doing.....Cool Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
kpnuts
#64 Posted : 07 November 2014 23:00:55

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Done loads to it tonight, not posting pics cause it doesn't look like I've done a lot (its all tiny stuff you can hardly see) I am going crosseyed.  On the chains for the anchors, where they slide up and down the long slipways would the paint have worn off and would rust then result (I don't know what you call those bits so can't Google pics).
Ken's the name modeling's the game.
kpnuts
#65 Posted : 08 November 2014 19:03:44

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi all here is todays bit

Plymouth57
#66 Posted : 08 November 2014 22:16:33

Hi KP.

Looking great!!Cool I really like the look of those gun barrels too!
I don't know what those bits are called either ... on a wooden ship they would be the Hawse Holes but on a more modern steel vessel?
I don't think they would be particularly rusty though. The action of the chain running over the whatever it is would tend to wear away the rust and I think the crew used to heavily grease the area as well as both a protective coating and a lubricant.

Keep them coming!

Robin
First wooden ship: The Grimsby 12 Gun 'Frigate' by Constructo Second: Bounty DelPrado Part Works Third: HMS Victory DelPrado Part Works 1/100 scale
Diorama of the Battle of the Brandywine from the American Revolutionary War Diorama of the Battle of New Falkland (unfinished sci-fi), Great War Centenary Diorama of the Messines Ridge Assault
Index for the Victory diary is on page 1
Gandale
#67 Posted : 08 November 2014 22:49:47

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Looking great KP, can see a lot of work is going into this dio.... Cool Cool .. Am very much enjoying seeing this come together....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
kpnuts
#68 Posted : 09 November 2014 20:55:48

Hi all my first attempt at water effect using clear bathroom sealant

and i've done a bit more to the superstructure

kpnuts
#69 Posted : 10 November 2014 20:51:59

Hi all had a go at weathering some of the superstructure (never weathered a ship before) is this enough or should I go further ?

also did some more of that pesky PE

Plymouth57
#70 Posted : 10 November 2014 21:07:59

Hi KP

That's about right for the weathering but I'd try a little light grey or even white subtle drybrushing along the tops of the low walls and maybe just to try and pick out the hatches with the same. The same idea would apply to the small AA guns later on too.
It's very easy to go too far though!

Robin
First wooden ship: The Grimsby 12 Gun 'Frigate' by Constructo Second: Bounty DelPrado Part Works Third: HMS Victory DelPrado Part Works 1/100 scale
Diorama of the Battle of the Brandywine from the American Revolutionary War Diorama of the Battle of New Falkland (unfinished sci-fi), Great War Centenary Diorama of the Messines Ridge Assault
Index for the Victory diary is on page 1
Whizgig
#71 Posted : 11 November 2014 01:22:41

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Every one of your posts just blows my mind, Fantastic work mate.ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp

Eugene.
kpnuts
#72 Posted : 12 November 2014 22:27:39

Hi all here is tonights update

kpnuts
#73 Posted : 15 November 2014 21:13:28

Hi all playing with the 1/350 planes this one I was going to have crash into the sea behind Warspite but I had a thought didn't some of the German pilots do suicide runs and deliberately crash their crippled planes into ships. If I did this I was thinking they would aim for most damage so I would imagine they would try for the bridge or one of the big guns and hope to hit some ammo.
If I did this would something like that have been enough to sink a ship like the Warspite. Obviously I dont want her sunk.

also here is some work I've done some work on Warspite

tf64
#74 Posted : 15 November 2014 21:20:01

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Nice work KP, just wondering H.M.S Warspite is your kit the Premium Edition because it looks a great build.
Regards
Trev.
Work in progress: Tombstone (Scratch) - San Francisco 2. -The Mayflower ( scratch by plan).

kpnuts
#75 Posted : 15 November 2014 21:53:13

Hi couldn't find the premium edition anywhere so bought the standard kit and the mk1 upgrade kit.
Gandale
#76 Posted : 15 November 2014 23:15:42

Looking great KP, love the effects....Drool Drool ..Great imagination being shown,,,,, Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
kpnuts
#77 Posted : 16 November 2014 21:16:30

Hi all here is todays, been playing with the sea, do you recon it needs more colour or is it ok ?

still got 2 more 1/350 planes to add over all how do you think its going.
Gandale
#78 Posted : 16 November 2014 22:02:14

Looking fab KP, really coming together very very well.....Drool Drool .. Well done...

Regards

Alan
kpnuts
#79 Posted : 18 November 2014 21:32:53

Hi all well all the lighting is now set up and I have installed most of the guns.

Gandale
#80 Posted : 18 November 2014 22:32:12

Looking great KP, keep up the lovely work....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan