Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

38 Pages «<35363738>
Garth's Black Pearl Options
Gandale
#721 Posted : 23 January 2021 00:16:23

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Stunning work Garth, an amazing build from top to bottom.....Love Love

Regards

Alan
Garth
#722 Posted : 26 January 2021 06:15:42

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build
Groups: Registered

Gandale wrote:
Stunning work Garth, an amazing build from top to bottom.....Love Love

Regards

Alan

Thank you for the kind words Alan.
Regards,
Garth
"Measure twice, cut once!!!"
Finished!!! HMS Victory,
Current build: Black Pearl.
On hold: Bismarck, Golden Hind, Flying Scotsman, Victory Cross Section, SOTS, Tiger 1.
Wish list: USS Constitution.
Garth
#723 Posted : 26 January 2021 06:16:50

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

11c5 Fore top sail Clewline, D

• Cut x2 900mm threads.
• Attach the thread between the three blocks near to the mast.
• Feed the thread through the block on the tip of the sail and back through the middle block where you tied the line.
• Belay to point 41. (These lines are tied to the 4th shroud)
• Repeat on the other side.

That wraps up the rigging for the For top sail
Garth attached the following image(s):
13 Foretopsail Clewline_02.jpg
14 Foretopsail Clewline BP_02.jpg
Finished!!! HMS Victory,
On hold: Bismarck, Golden Hind, Flying Scotsman, Victory Cross Section, SOTS, Tiger 1.
RM1
#724 Posted : 26 January 2021 15:20:06

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Wow.. amazing work on the rigging Garth. Looking great.
Malc.
Garth
#725 Posted : 27 January 2021 06:30:53

RM1 wrote:
Wow.. amazing work on the rigging Garth. Looking great.
Malc.

Thanks for looking in and for the kind words Malc.
Regards,
Garth
Finished!!! HMS Victory,
Garth
#726 Posted : 27 January 2021 13:30:41

11d Fore Top Gallant

111d1 Fore Top Gallant Halyard

I attached the foresail top yard to the mast as per the instructions. Apologies, I missed the pics of this one too. Again, the rigging process is identical to the foretopsail, bar the belaying point.
• Halyard – cut a 600mm thread and attach to the yard. Feed it through hole in the mast and belay to point 12.

11d2 Fore Top Gallant Yard Lift, A

• Yard Lift ‘A’ – cut x2 800mm threads (Port & Starboard), attach one end to the mast, feed the other through the 3mm block on the end of the Yard, back through the block on the mast and belay to point 18.
15 Foretopgallant Yard Lift_02.jpg
16 Foretopgallant Yard Lift BP_02.jpg
Finished!!! HMS Victory,
Garth
#727 Posted : 28 January 2021 06:36:11

11d3 Fore Top Gallant Sheet, B

• Attach x2 700mm threads to the corner of the sail, next to the block that will be used for the clewline.
• Feed it through the UPPER (3mm) block on the foretopsail yard.
• Then through the inner of the three blocks attached to the foretopsail yard.
• Belay to point 42 (These lines are tied to the 3rd shroud)
• Repeat on the other side. (7004, 7005)
17 Foretopgallant Sheet_02.jpg
18 Foretopgallant Sheet BP_02.jpg
Finished!!! HMS Victory,
Garth
#728 Posted : 29 January 2021 12:06:15

11d4 Fore Top Gallant Buntline, C

• Cut x2 500mm pieces of thread. As with the foretopsail, I fitted one buntline on the foretopgallant sail.
• Attach one to the block midway on the yard. ‘C’ Take it around the front of the sail and up through the block on the yard.
• Belay to point 43 (These lines are tied to the 3rd shroud on the fighting top)
19 Foretopgallant Buntline_02.jpg
20 Foretopgallant Buntline BP_02.jpg
Finished!!! HMS Victory,
tigerace
#729 Posted : 29 January 2021 21:19:43

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Superb work Garth BigGrin

Regards PhilCool
COMING SOON =1/72 Italeri diorama`s Battle for the Reichstag and Stalingrad battle at the tractor factory 1/16 Trumpeter King Tiger with loads of extras ON THE GO= refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!

Garth
#730 Posted : 01 February 2021 14:37:21

tigerace wrote:
Superb work Garth BigGrin

Regards PhilCool

Thank you for the kind words Phil.
Regards,
Garth
Finished!!! HMS Victory,
Garth
#731 Posted : 01 February 2021 15:09:22

11d5 Fore Top Gallant Clewline, D

• Cut x2 500mm threads.
• Attach the thread near the inner block near to the mast.
• Feed the thread through the block on the tip of the sail and back through the block where you tied the line.
• Belay to point 44. (These lines are tied to the 42nd shroud)
21 Foretopgallant Clewline_02.jpg
22 Foretopgallant Clewline BP_02.jpg
Finished!!! HMS Victory,
Garth
#732 Posted : 03 February 2021 09:09:03

11.5-7 Main Sail, Main Top Sail and Main Top Gallant and,
11.8-9 Mizzen Lateen and Mizzen Top Sail

I am not going to bore you with any more lengthy explanations.
The main mast follows the exact process as the foremast. The only difference being the belaying points.

The Mizzen Top Sail is as per the fore or main top sail. Again, the only difference again being the belaying points.

The Mizzen Lateen only has one extra line. It is tied to the loose end of the sail and belayed to point 60
DSC_7011_02.jpg
DSC_7012_02.jpg
DSC_7014_02.jpg
DSC_7016_02.jpg
DSC_7017_02.jpg
Finished!!! HMS Victory,
RM1
#733 Posted : 03 February 2021 15:46:26

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

That's looking fantastic Garth. BigGrin Must be getting near to completion now ?
Malc.
Garth
#734 Posted : 04 February 2021 10:09:13

RM1 wrote:
That's looking fantastic Garth. BigGrin Must be getting near to completion now ?
Malc.

Thank you Malc. Yes, in the home straight now!!!BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
Kind regards,
Garth
Finished!!! HMS Victory,
delboy271155
#735 Posted : 04 February 2021 17:03:47

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi Garth

I`ve been with this build from the very start and it looks like the end result will prove my time has been well spent.Cool Cool

Another fabulous update, so much so I treated myself to a complete run through from day one.

Hope you have something else in the pipe line when this is finished as I really enjoy watching your skills in progress.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

tigerace
#736 Posted : 13 February 2021 12:23:43

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

all the rigging is Outstanding GarthDrool Drool She really looks AwesomeDrool Drool

Regards PhilCool
COMING SOON =1/72 Italeri diorama`s Battle for the Reichstag and Stalingrad battle at the tractor factory 1/16 Trumpeter King Tiger with loads of extras ON THE GO= refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!

Garth
#737 Posted : 15 February 2021 15:14:33

delboy271155 wrote:
Hi Garth

I`ve been with this build from the very start and it looks like the end result will prove my time has been well spent.Cool Cool

Another fabulous update, so much so I treated myself to a complete run through from day one.

Hope you have something else in the pipe line when this is finished as I really enjoy watching your skills in progress.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Hi Derek,
Thank you so much for the inspiring commentsBlushing
I have so many half built models and as money is pretty tight in these covid times I think that I will dig one of these out.
I have collected all of Hachettes Tiger 1 with a half built turret - I think that this will be my next build. A break from wooden ships will do me goodLOL
Kind regards,
Garth
Finished!!! HMS Victory,
Garth
#738 Posted : 15 February 2021 15:15:37

tigerace wrote:
all the rigging is Outstanding GarthDrool Drool She really looks AwesomeDrool Drool

Regards PhilCool

Hi Phil,
Thank you for looking in and for the kind words.
Regards,
Garth
Finished!!! HMS Victory,
Garth
#739 Posted : 15 February 2021 15:27:15

12 Flags
I always have problems with the flags. They are so stiff and ridged.
In an attempt to make the flag a little more used, I unravelled the edges of the flag using a dental tool. Then soaked it in diluted white glue and draped it into a more realistic shape. I used cloths pegs as it dried.

FYI Alan & Martyn gave me some advice for my Victory’s flags. See the link below.
http://forum.model-space...sts&t=6314&p=27

Kind regards,
Garth
DSC_7052_02.jpg
DSC_7124_02.jpg
Finished!!! HMS Victory,
Gandale
#740 Posted : 15 February 2021 16:17:01

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Fantastic result with your flags Garth, looks very realistic... Stunning build throughout....Love Love

Regards

Alan