Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Step 266 in My Build Another Sequel Options
dbartonjr
#1 Posted : 18 October 2014 21:27:51

Groups: Registered

I finally got back from Saudi and will have a few weeks to spend working on my model. I have all the brass rods and etchings however I am curious what you used for the pins. I have been searching for wood dowels but the smallest I can find is 3mm and it needs to be less. Did you just sand to make them fit, this is what I was thinking of doing. I assume they were thin enough to fit into the 2mm tube, is this correct? Sorry for asking so many simple questions but I really want to give this a try so I am seeking expert advice. Thanks for your patience and advice. BigGrin

Dan

Current Builds: Yamato
On the Bench: Akagi, USS Missouri
arpurchase
#2 Posted : 18 October 2014 21:31:18

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Welcome back , can you verify what you mean by pins pleaseCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

dbartonjr
#3 Posted : 20 October 2014 15:04:52

If you look at the picture in #266 you mention that you constructed a wood block and inserted pins into the block to hold the structure in place. Visually they look like wooden dowels or they could have been cut from toothpicks. My thought was I could use some of my 2mm wooden dowels and sand them so that they could fit. I was just wondering what you used.

Current Builds: Yamato
On the Bench: Akagi, USS Missouri
arpurchase
#4 Posted : 20 October 2014 21:12:10

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Hi
Ah I see said the blind man, The pins you mention were made of brass rod that fitted inside the brass tube.
If you look in the first picture of post #268 there is a wooden block and under it a thick piece of brass rod [ supplied with Yamato parts I think I replaced this part with plastic rod so it was spare ] this is what i used for the pins. Hopefully that will clarify matters.

Regards

Andy
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .