Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Hummer hub caps Options
kenjara
#1 Posted : 20 October 2014 23:24:00

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Take your hub caps off before running. Mine were all on tightly and I lost all four on my first run. There is no indication in the manual to remove these and they are even shown on when setting the idle in the instruction photos. Angry

I am trying to get some more for display purposes.

Finished 3D Printer, RB7, Hummer, Skyrider drone & Combat tank collection

http://www.model-space.com/gb/
Silent_Running
#2 Posted : 21 October 2014 07:04:41

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

kenjara wrote:
Take your hub caps off before running. Mine were all on tightly and I lost all four on my first run. There is no indication in the manual to remove these and they are even shown on when setting the idle in the instruction photos. Angry

I am trying to get some more for display purposes.

I'm sorry to hear that you lost your wheel hubs Kenjara. Have you gone back to look for them where you took your first run? Chances are you will find them waiting there for you. It will take a bit of looking for though.

As for it not being in the manual, I would suggest that this situation probably didn't happen with the master model, and therefore it couldn't have been envisaged. Cool
Tomick
#3 Posted : 21 October 2014 09:03:45

Groups:

Paper-thin double sided tape might help.
kenjara
#4 Posted : 21 October 2014 09:20:16

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Yes I was thinking of that or something like blu tak. I didn't get an opportunity to go out again and look for them by the time I realised unfortunately.

The thing is they were sturdy in there and impossible to get out without a flat headed screw driver or something.

Carochris1322
#5 Posted : 22 October 2014 19:34:44

Thank you for the heads up ,love the film of your hummer would love to see it flat out when run in .My last delivery was the body panels so still away to go before iam tearing up the neighbourhood . Thanks again
kenjara
#6 Posted : 23 October 2014 18:56:05

Thank you. Building and painting the body was one of my favourite parts of the build. If I get a chance to run it this weekend it will be going full throttle! :)

stevie_o
#7 Posted : 23 October 2014 19:32:20

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

kenjara wrote:
Thank you. Building and painting the body was one of my favourite parts of the build. If I get a chance to run it this weekend it will be going full throttle! :)

Hope there is a video - I'll be looking forward to thatBigGrin

Steve