Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

HMAV Bounty Options
axle396
#1 Posted : 24 September 2010 01:36:32

Groups: Registered

These are (hopefully) some pics of the first and so far only wooden model I have ever made. I made this at the turn of the last century(10 years ago). Apologies for the poor quality as I have no camera at the moment just my mobile phone. I'll buy one soon. Can someone tell me if they work or not as I've not posted any pics before don't really know if I'm doing it right.Thanks to Dontshootme for his efforts to show how to post pics. I removed the crew while I dusted it down and gave them shore leave.

Jimmy L.

current builds : Lancaster 1/32 (Hachette)
Revell USS Kearsarge
Titanic Lifeboat

I started off with nothing and I've still got most of it left.
CMB
#2 Posted : 24 September 2010 02:00:45

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

axle396 wrote:
These are (hopefully) some pics of the first and so far only wooden model I have ever made. I made this at the turn of the last century(10 years ago). Apologies for the poor quality as I have no camera at the moment just my mobile phone. I'll buy one soon. Can someone tell me if they work or not as I've not posted any pics before don't really know if I'm doing it right.Thanks to Dontshootme for his efforts to show how to post pics. I removed the crew while I dusted it down and gave them shore leave.

Pictures have downloaded and are OK.
HMS Victory is my first boat build and I hope it turns out as good as yours.
I am getting lots of help and advice from the forumDrool
jonny7england
#3 Posted : 24 September 2010 09:21:06

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Very nice in deed axle396, The Del Prado Bounty was my first wooden ship build too...
ThumpUp
Current Builds: Deagostini HMS Victory: Deagostini HMS Sovereign of the seas. Completed Builds: Del Prado: HMAS Bounty: Hachette: RMS Titanic: Del Prado: Cutty Sark...
budgie
#4 Posted : 24 September 2010 09:23:59

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

BigGrin impressive looking build that
LOL i see Jack Sparrow popped round for a visitLOL
Mac
#5 Posted : 24 September 2010 14:14:31

Very nice indeed matey! Glad to see you have cracked the photes BigGrin That Jack Sparrow seems to get everywhere! BigGrin
Pam's shipyard is closed for now no more room!

Jack Sparrow
#6 Posted : 24 September 2010 14:41:43

Groups:

Mac wrote:
Very nice indeed matey! Glad to see you have cracked the photes BigGrin That Jack Sparrow seems to get everywhere! BigGrin

I dont remember that visit, but then if you look closely there is a bottle of rum involved!!!LOL Flapper LOL Flapper
Mac
#7 Posted : 24 September 2010 15:49:14

Jack Sparrow wrote:
Mac wrote:

I dont remember that visit, but then if you look closely there is a bottle of rum involved!!!LOL Flapper LOL Flapper

LOL LOL just noticed it! well spotted! BigGrin Say no more....... LOL LOL
Pam's shipyard is closed for now no more room!

karl1113
#8 Posted : 24 September 2010 16:55:50

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

axle great boat,but where did you get that jack sparrow from?
Current builds: SotS, USS Consitution, San Felipe, D51 loco, HMS Surprise, RB7, Arab Dhow, Jotika HMS Victory
Completed builds: HMS Pickel, Thermopylae, Mississipi river boat, Mary Rose, Cutty Sark, San Francisco II, HMS Victory x5, Titanic Lifeboat, Panart HMS Victory Launch, Hachette Titanic, Virginia Schooner, Endeavour Longboat.

http://www.model-space.com/gb/
axle396
#9 Posted : 24 September 2010 18:16:21

Hi Karl, I got it at a shop called Worlds Apart a few years ago. I paid about £30 for it. It is about 18" tall, really well detailed and talks. It says things like "Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest, honestly"
"Welcome to the Caribbean, Luv."
"On deck, you scabrous dogs! Hands to braces! Let go and haul to run free! Now... bring me that horizon."
"You look familiar, Have I robbed you before ?"

Even the missus didn't mind me buying it. But few women would object to having Johnny Depp around the house.
Jimmy L.

current builds : Lancaster 1/32 (Hachette)
Revell USS Kearsarge
Titanic Lifeboat

I started off with nothing and I've still got most of it left.