Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Taken the plunge. Options
Pilgrim
#1 Posted : 08 December 2014 10:58:38

Groups: Registered

Thought long and hard about whether I wanted to do this one but, tempted by the £1 start offer, I have gone for it. I have done this model at 1/18th, 1/12th, 1/9th and 1/6th so the thought of a 1/4th was just too tempting. Something about the beauty of the mechanics of a Harley just made it a must have and I know from doing the D51 how well made the components will be. Now the important bit, who’s going to tell the wife for me?
jase
#2 Posted : 08 December 2014 13:14:00

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Cool very tempted myself, will see if there is still stock when my Cutty sub finishes.

looking forward to your buildBigGrin

Jase
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
Ponty
#3 Posted : 08 December 2014 13:44:17

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

excellent choice Pilgrim😎
as for me, I'm lucky that my wife doesn't ask what is in the boxes that come in almost weekly now(whew!)
Building - DeAgostini HMS Victory, McLaren MP4-23, Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa, Harley Davidson Fat Boy, Lamborghini Countach
bugsec
#4 Posted : 08 December 2014 21:56:32

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Pilgrim wrote:
Thought long and hard about whether I wanted to do this one but, tempted by the £1 start offer, I have gone for it. I have done this model at 1/18th, 1/12th, 1/9th and 1/6th so the thought of a 1/4th was just too tempting. Something about the beauty of the mechanics of a Harley just made it a must have and I know from doing the D51 how well made the components will be. Now the important bit, who’s going to tell the wife for me?

Agonised over this one since it was released and even more with the £1 offer so took the plunge this morning. Worry about you know who if and when she finds out Scared

Graham
Pilgrim
#5 Posted : 09 December 2014 09:35:14

Hi Bugsec.

The 'if' is a given as my wife looks after the bank account. The 'when' I'm thinking will be Christmas morning after she opens her new £300 sewing machine and I open my new socks. Cunning plan!!
bugsec
#6 Posted : 09 December 2014 10:39:05

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Pilgrim wrote:
Hi Bugsec.

The 'if' is a given as my wife looks after the bank account. The 'when' I'm thinking will be Christmas morning after she opens her new £300 sewing machine and I open my new socks. Cunning plan!!

Nice plan hope it works BigGrin

Graham