Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

10 Pages «<45678>»
Davetwin's Millennium Falcon Build Options
davetwin
#101 Posted : 16 July 2015 23:16:38

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Duplicate, I dont know why my phone keeps doing it Cursing
colson
#102 Posted : 16 July 2015 23:16:54

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

davetwin wrote:

This is up to issue 25, there is another bit of corridor that goes on the other side of the main hold, it's only a small on but there is more cushions to do. I don't have the last parts, they are on there way in issues 26 - 29

OK. I'm up through 16. So I still have a couple months of parts to come. I still need to finish the rest of the hold, so that will take some time. Maybe I should start dealing with my display case as well. BigGrin
davetwin
#103 Posted : 23 July 2015 21:56:44

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Issues 26, 27, 28 & 29 arrived today.

We get the final bits of corridor parts, floor, more little and large cushions and small cushion ring.

Three more hull parts and more frame parts including a pretty sturdy centre ring which really adds strength to the frame when assembled. Also two more jig parts.

This part shows the frame completed as far as instructed to do so in the instructions. There are two more frame parts and 1 part of the radial ribs left to assemble, Im guessing with the next packs.

The frame at the bottom of the picture is the top part.

As well as assmebling the frame I have sprayed up the base colour of the new coridor parts and cut and trimmed the cushions ready for spraying.

The hull parts are now will also be primed with Vallejo white shortly to match the rest of the parts already done.

colson
#104 Posted : 23 July 2015 22:47:20

Sweet! I've got 17-20 coming next week. Seeing what you have through 28 is really getting me excited for this model. Can't wait to have the frame built that much myself.
Thrakensal
#105 Posted : 24 July 2015 00:15:32

That frame is looking great. Looks like it can withstand a little more handling now that the center hub is connected. Smile
davetwin
#106 Posted : 24 July 2015 00:24:04

Thanks for looking in and your commets Colson and Tharkensal

The hub does make it quite strong as well as adding a fair bit of weight to it, there is little slots all around it that the ends of the radial ribs go in so need to make sure they are all aligned correctly so the hub sits nicely.

The good thing about this issue is there should be no more of those small cushions now LOL
CanadianJedi
#107 Posted : 24 July 2015 15:00:36

Looking great, Dave! I would love to be as far along as you.BigGrin My 3rd package just shipped, so I will get issues 9,10,11 and 12 next week sometime. My cushion journey is just beginning.Crying Ah, who am I kidding....I can't wait.LOL
Avant1963
#108 Posted : 04 August 2015 21:31:27

So much inspiration here Davetwin! While I'm not going into a lot of the amazing customizing you've done to the hold floor, etc. I have gotten a lot of great tips and ideas for what I plan to do. Thanks for the great pictures and information.

Cheers from the States!
-Avant
davetwin
#109 Posted : 04 August 2015 22:22:24

Avant1963 wrote:
So much inspiration here Davetwin! While I'm not going into a lot of the amazing customizing you've done to the hold floor, etc. I have gotten a lot of great tips and ideas for what I plan to do. Thanks for the great pictures and information.

Cheers from the States!
-Avant

That's very kind of you, I am glad that I can offer inspiration and ideas to others Blushing

I am slowly plugging away at the hold some extras that involve wiring up fibre optics although I am not lighting them yet as I need to find out how much space we have to play with in regards to routing fibres and cables. I also haven't worked out yet if I will be splicing into the current supply or adding an additional power supply.

Lots of other things on the go so it's trying to fit them all in at the moment Cool

I will be watching your build to see how you progress, I might even get some ideas from you, I've gotten lots,from other people BigGrin
Gandale
#110 Posted : 05 August 2015 00:11:24

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

She's coming along really nicely Dave, more lovely work from you.... Very well done....Drool Drool

Regards

Alan
davetwin
#111 Posted : 16 August 2015 00:06:06

Arrived back from a lovely site seeing trip to Amsterdam to find issues 30, 31, 32, 33 waiting for me

For anyone that is interested, Amsterdam is really worth a visit, I have been before in my younger years but that was with the lads and a different kind of visit. This time was to see the city, and it is a beuatiful city with a lot of interesting history.

Back to the Falcon;

We have been collecting parts to build a jig to rest everything on until the landing feet arrive, this is now finished with this delivery. I havent gotten around to getting a square of wood to stick this too yet so have just stuck the parts to each other to keep it all together.

More frame parts arrived too which have been assembled.

The panels are being bagged up at the moment, some primed some not.

Also a picture showing how I keep my screws organised in zip lock bags as they arrive.

dwayneg
#112 Posted : 16 August 2015 00:59:39

Your right it is a nice place to visit, I use to live in Bavaria DE. I went to the Ann Frank house museum the last time before we left. Even took the chunnel and drove around the UK and Ireland a bunch of times. Had to take a ferry to Ireland. It's great to see what parts were getting next on this side of the pond. It helps to plan out. I like how you organized the screws. I might have to do that.
Tamiya 1/32 P-51D, Revell 1/32 Bf 109G-6 x2 1/32 P-51B, 1/32 Trumpeter Bf109K-4, 1/32 Hasegawa Bf 109E, Testors 1/32 F-117, RMF 1/35 Tiger 1
arpurchase
#113 Posted : 16 August 2015 09:06:01

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Nicely doneCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

arpurchase
#114 Posted : 16 August 2015 09:06:02

BigGrin Nicely doneCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Gandale
#115 Posted : 16 August 2015 10:32:50

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Coming together nicely Dave, well done....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
davetwin
#116 Posted : 16 August 2015 13:28:12

Thanks all for your comments BigGrin

Dwayneg, it does make things so much easier when the screws are organised.

When my pack arrives the first thing I have done is seperate all the parts out I put all the frame parts in a tub, screws in to the zip lock bags and frame parts into a large bag. I have another bag that has all the frame parts that I have already primed. A tub with the hold parts, a tub with the cockpit parts and a tub with the corridor parts.

Normally with partworks I would keep them organised by issue number however with the Falcon the frames and panels are all numbered so it makes nice and easy to find what you need BigGrin all the other parts such as cockpit, corridors and hold are all obvious so makes it easy to assemble. I just make a note in a notepad of what magazine covers each part of the build.
Stephan199
#117 Posted : 16 August 2015 13:53:24

Hi Dave,

I like the organizational schema. I am going to start using this idea.

Regards, Stephan
Toph-Onebee
#118 Posted : 19 August 2015 20:36:09

Hopefully I am not going too overboard with this work in progress on the floor, its my hope that someone will find it useful to do their own Cool

This is exactly what I've been looking for! Don't worry about too much detail, your posts are perfect and thanks sooo much!! I like the 3D printed stuff but it's way too expensive and it kinda feels like cheating!

(I took a mould of the vent on my parents' Mio sat nav and moulded some grid patterns from that with milliput but no pics yet as I need to try it again... Blushing )

Cheers dudes!
jase
#119 Posted : 19 August 2015 23:23:59

davetwin wrote:
Thanks all for your comments BigGrin

Dwayneg, it does make things so much easier when the screws are organised.

When my pack arrives the first thing I have done is seperate all the parts out I put all the frame parts in a tub, screws in to the zip lock bags and frame parts into a large bag. I have another bag that has all the frame parts that I have already primed. A tub with the hold parts, a tub with the cockpit parts and a tub with the corridor parts.

Normally with partworks I would keep them organised by issue number however with the Falcon the frames and panels are all numbered so it makes nice and easy to find what you need BigGrin all the other parts such as cockpit, corridors and hold are all obvious so makes it easy to assemble. I just make a note in a notepad of what magazine covers each part of the build.

Got to agree with you I cannot work if I am not organised and clear my desk regularly. I found the same approach was needed with the D51

Jase
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
davetwin
#120 Posted : 22 September 2015 14:36:55

Stephan199 wrote:
Hi Dave,

I like the organizational schema. I am going to start using this idea.

Regards, Stephan

jase wrote:

Got to agree with you I cannot work if I am not organised and clear my desk regularly. I found the same approach was needed with the D51

Jase

It just makes things so much easier when you have a logical system worked out and know where everything is BigGrin

Toph-Onebee wrote:
Hopefully I am not going too overboard with this work in progress on the floor, its my hope that someone will find it useful to do their own Cool

This is exactly what I've been looking for! Don't worry about too much detail, your posts are perfect and thanks sooo much!! I like the 3D printed stuff but it's way too expensive and it kinda feels like cheating!

(I took a mould of the vent on my parents' Mio sat nav and moulded some grid patterns from that with milliput but no pics yet as I need to try it again... Blushing )

Cheers dudes!

Im a really glad you found my post useful BigGrin

So the next pack has arrived and is shoved full of quite a load of parts.

To start with are the pictures of whats in each pack, I then did my normal organsing all the parts and then started to assemble just the frame part.

This is a good time to point out the importance of following the instructions closly. If you were to shoot ahead you would have added all the 2 hole and 4 hole connectors like you have done for all the other parts so that they are on the inside of the frame. However 3 of the 2 hole connectors actually go on the outside of the frame!

Once these frames parts are connected we just need a couple more connectors and it is ready to add to the rest of the frame, and also completes the lower frame work. I have just dry fitted the last frame build for the picture.

I have also attached some more photos to show how I organise all the parts

One bag for primed panels, one for un-primed panels which also contains a zip lock bag of plant on parts, a couple of bags and container for corrider and hold parts, a bag for cockpit and electrical parts.