Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

10 Pages «<678910>
Davetwin's Millennium Falcon Build Options
arpurchase
#141 Posted : 30 October 2015 23:40:46

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

BigGrin Looking good DaveCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Gandale
#142 Posted : 31 October 2015 00:52:39

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Excellent work Dave, really is looking brill.....Drool Drool Drool

Regards

Alan
scraperjawa
#143 Posted : 31 October 2015 04:25:03

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Nice work, Dave. The Paragrafix parts really have a lot of great detail. I will probably stick with what I have already done for my build, but it is nice to see other options.

Stephen
Current Builds: HMS Sovereign of the Seas /// Lamborghini Countach /// Eaglemoss BTTF DeLorean

Finished Builds: Millennium Falcon

Moonman
#144 Posted : 01 November 2015 10:32:17

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Great job Dave. Tremendous help for those of us who have not stated their build yet, and a great source of inspiration as well. BigGrin
davetwin
#145 Posted : 03 November 2015 22:48:43

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Thanks all for stopping by and your comments. Im glad you are enjoying it BigGrin

I am really loving this kit, there are just so many different things that you can do with it thats it is becoming difficult to decide what route to take Blink Blink

I have really been struggling to find time to work on my different projects due to work being busy this time of year. Today I went into my workshop and was even struggling to find the motivation to start so I decided that I will just dig out all my panels for the Falcon and start applying them.

At this point in the build we havent actually been intructed to apply the panels yet, you will also find that due to different panels overlapping you need to be very careful applying them. Sorry I didnt make a note of the order, it was just a case of taking my time and test fitting the overlaps first. You can see where they all go on the blue prints.

I did screw the panels done but only loosely as at this point I do not know if I will need to remove any again until the instructions covers assembling them. As these are self taping screws you need to be very careful about doing and undoing them too many times.

There are still a couple of gaps, these do not have their edges screwed down yet where another panel overlaps or under laps it. There is also one more panel to go which will arrive in issue 42.

Its all a bit multi coloured at the moment as I did start off priming the panels as they arrived.

First picture shows everything I have screwed down so far. second picture shows all the other parts just dry fitted, the ramp section is just dry fitted too at this time.

I have also included a picture with a rule for those that arent building this to give an idea of size, also my cutting mat is A2 in size, and the last picture of the interior side of the hull.

Gandale
#146 Posted : 04 November 2015 00:42:47

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

She's certainly some size Dave and I would imagine she is getting quite weighty too... Lovely work and a pleasure to follow.....Drool Drool

Regards

Alan
Martyn Ingram
#147 Posted : 04 November 2015 08:00:17

BigGrin Wow that is one heck of a beast Dave looking forward to seeing more Cool

Reg Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
arpurchase
#148 Posted : 04 November 2015 10:10:31

BigGrin Now thats a good size and coming along nicelyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

LrdSatyr8
#149 Posted : 10 November 2015 19:37:04

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Looking great so far Dave! Keep it coming!
tf64
#150 Posted : 10 November 2015 22:41:38

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Nice work Dave.

Regards
Trev.
Work in progress: Tombstone (Scratch) - San Francisco 2. -The Mayflower ( scratch by plan).

davetwin
#151 Posted : 21 November 2015 22:08:12

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Thanks all for stopping by and commenting BigGrin

Next pack arrived yesterday and today I made a little more progress, mainly just dry fitting the last of the frame parts and attaching the front landing gear covers.

The covers are fitted with small neodymium magnets that are very strong, the magnets are attached to the covers with small metal rods installed into the landing gear bays, a tab of superglue holds everything in place. These fit really well and due to the strenght of the magnets are a little bit of a pain to get off on when, this is a good thing as it means they will not be lost easily when displayed or handled BigGrin

Still some plant on details to be added to the rear engine area and now have 2 gun bays to make up

Issue 42 contains a tool for re-threading holes, its more of a contingency should you require it but for the most part wont be used. Also included is another inspection pit to be made up.

Here is where we are at now.

arpurchase
#152 Posted : 21 November 2015 22:28:09

BigGrin Looking good DaveCool

Martyn Ingram
#153 Posted : 21 November 2015 23:15:51

BigGrin Looking good Dave Cool

Rgd Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
Spudtrooper37
#154 Posted : 21 November 2015 23:25:10

It's nice to see the falcon finally take shape. Oh nice colour scheme it matches mine Blink
Darren

Have an AWSOME day and may the Force be with you always 😉

Building: Millennium Falcon https://forum.model-spac...sts&t=14381&p=7 - Building: BTTF Delorean - Building: Dom's Dodge Charger
- Building : X-Wing https://forum.model-spac...aspx?g=posts&t=34899
bwize
#155 Posted : 23 November 2015 22:30:36

Love your cockpit. Also love seeing the ole girl taking shape. I'm on up to issue 12 and enjoying seeing what is to come.
LrdSatyr8
#156 Posted : 24 November 2015 20:36:09

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

So close to a completed bottom... I know alot of issues were focused on the interior, so gives me hope that the rest of the issues will be focused on the top, manidbles and sides. I'm giddy! Almost halfway there!
Warthog
#157 Posted : 25 November 2015 11:37:43

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: registriert, Registered

Looking the biz Dave Cool she's certainly going to be keeping us busy for the next year BigGrin

Spence
davetwin
#158 Posted : 05 December 2015 16:42:25

Thanks for all the comments BigGrin

I have now screwed down all the panels and finished priming with Vallejo Polyurethane Primer shot through my H&S Ultra airbrush with 0.6mm needle. It's great primer and gives a really nice surface.

Next pack will have the final parts to go on Cool

adriuus
#159 Posted : 05 December 2015 16:49:49

Thats a nice even base coat... Ive used the vallejo primer before and was chuffed with the results... Looking forward to seeing more ...
arpurchase
#160 Posted : 05 December 2015 20:54:42

BigGrin Nice undercoat and you did a good job on the spraying. I had four more issues today so only about 38 more issues before I make a startCool