Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Mask Faceplate fitment issue... Options
rosewoodhill
#1 Posted : 05 January 2015 00:23:50

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

I have noticed one of the rectangularly shaped holes in the mask faceplate for the mask nose is crooked.
Normally, this wouldn't concern me but I am wondering if this nose piece is meant to be removable. The "nose pins" are meant to point in the same direction which is what makes me think the nose piece is supposed to be removable. (to apply the fur?)
As you can see from the picture, one side has the hole punched at an angle. A test fit shows that the nose piece would not be able to be slid to the side a bit to remove it.
Can anyone farther along say whether the nose piece comes off later?
Thanks, Gord.

rosewoodhill attached the following image(s):
faceplate.jpg
Subscribed: Suzuki GSX 1300R Hayabusa

In The Last Few Years Builds: DeAgostini Samurai Armour Kobayashi Kougei: 1/100 Horyuji Kondo, 1/100 Horyuji Inner Gate, 1/36 Muro-ji Five-Story Pagoda, Public Bath House of Showa, Model Shipyard: 1/72 Los Morrillos de Cabo Rojo Lighthouse. 1/72 Kermorvan Lighthouse
Woody Joe: 1/150 Azuchi Castle.

Building: Kobayashi Kougei: 1/100 Himeji Castle, 1/70 ji Kinkaku.

Received but not started: Woody Joe 1/50 Ishiyamadera Pagoda
arpurchase
#2 Posted : 05 January 2015 21:32:19

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Hi Gord

I have built this set and its a stunning center piece when assembled as for the face mask i dont think you will have any problems as the peg hooks go sideways and the holes on the mask part have oversized holes so some play is to be expected and that should take up any variances that may occur.

Hope this helps

Regards

AndyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

rosewoodhill
#3 Posted : 06 January 2015 05:45:12

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Andy.

Having read your input I went ahead and glued the pegs in. The slight angle really makes no difference after all!
The nose mask is almost free of any movement.
I'm convinced that if it was to be removable at a later stage the instructions would have made mention of it.

Thanks for your help! And, yes, it is going to be phenomenal...

Gord.
Subscribed: Suzuki GSX 1300R Hayabusa

In The Last Few Years Builds: DeAgostini Samurai Armour Kobayashi Kougei: 1/100 Horyuji Kondo, 1/100 Horyuji Inner Gate, 1/36 Muro-ji Five-Story Pagoda, Public Bath House of Showa, Model Shipyard: 1/72 Los Morrillos de Cabo Rojo Lighthouse. 1/72 Kermorvan Lighthouse
Woody Joe: 1/150 Azuchi Castle.

Building: Kobayashi Kougei: 1/100 Himeji Castle, 1/70 ji Kinkaku.

Received but not started: Woody Joe 1/50 Ishiyamadera Pagoda
arpurchase
#4 Posted : 06 January 2015 19:30:17

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Glad you got it sorted, one other tip, when you start putting the beard into the face mask tie each one up with a loop of nylon fishing line or its equivalent and use the loop to pull the beard parts through.Cool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .