Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

7 Pages «<23456>»
Darren's Millennium Falcon Build Options
Vex
#61 Posted : 06 January 2016 14:19:59

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

That last pick bugs me. Looks like the gunner well is inside the hold area.
Nytetrain
#62 Posted : 06 January 2016 20:52:46

Turquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Yea, that does look strange. If the gunner section was on the turret in that picture it would be hanging down inside the hold. Your build looks great so far though Darren. Keep up the good work and looking forward to seeing what you have in store with your build.

Ron
Best Regards,
Ron

On the bench: DeAgostini '67 Ford Shelby Mustang, Hachette Space Battleship Yamato 2202, Agora Models T-800 Terminator
Finished builds: DeAgostini Toyota 2000GT
In the Stash: Losing count...
Spudtrooper37
#63 Posted : 06 January 2016 21:41:23

Vex wrote:
That last pick bugs me. Looks like the gunner well is inside the hold area.

That picture does make it look confusing, so I have roughly put my hold parts together to show you how it looks. Hope it makes more sense now.

Darren

Have an AWSOME day and may the Force be with you always 😉

Building: Millennium Falcon https://forum.model-spac...sts&t=14381&p=7 - Building: BTTF Delorean - Building: Dom's Dodge Charger
- Building : X-Wing https://forum.model-spac...aspx?g=posts&t=34899
Nytetrain
#64 Posted : 06 January 2016 21:55:41

Turquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Thanks Darren,

That clears up how it fits in the model but, opens up a whole new slew of questions as to how the turret is supposed to theoretically rotate with the hold walls still there. I know the model's turret doesn't rotate and I am not much bothered about it but you know some people are...LOL

Ron
Best Regards,
Ron

On the bench: DeAgostini '67 Ford Shelby Mustang, Hachette Space Battleship Yamato 2202, Agora Models T-800 Terminator
myawn
#65 Posted : 06 January 2016 22:36:11

That picture showing the relationship of the turret wells to the hold, ramp, and corridors really helps, thanks for sharing.

I really want there to be a ladder connecting the two turrets, if one isn't provided I may have to put something there even though it would likely not be visible through the turret window.

Spudtrooper37
#66 Posted : 06 January 2016 22:43:10

myawn wrote:
I really want there to be a ladder connecting the two turrets, if one isn't provided I may have to put something there even though it would likely not be visible through the turret window.

I think there will be, just because the way the corridor and turrets are shaped
Darren

Building: Millennium Falcon https://forum.model-spac...sts&t=14381&p=7 - Building: BTTF Delorean - Building: Dom's Dodge Charger
Vex
#67 Posted : 06 January 2016 23:24:38

Awesome! Thanks for showing us. Amazing that they have that hallway leading to the corridor but you'll never see it. The way everything is angled almost impossible but they still put it in. Nice.
myawn
#68 Posted : 09 January 2016 00:03:21

Looking again at how the angled corridor connects to the upper turret, I guess you have to get down on hands and knees to enter the turrets. The opening is only about half as tall as the corridor.

It's pretty impressive how they've managed to make things fit in spite of scale issues between the interior sets and the exteriors, and here's another example of that which I was not aware of previously.
Spudtrooper37
#69 Posted : 13 January 2016 18:11:29

A little bit more progress, issue's 53 & 54.

More top plating, frame and greeblies.

Issue 54 comes with the battery holder which is located just infront of the hold.

Darren

LeviathanPrime
#70 Posted : 13 January 2016 18:27:33

Groups:

Nytetrain wrote:
Thanks Darren,

That clears up how it fits in the model but, opens up a whole new slew of questions as to how the turret is supposed to theoretically rotate with the hold walls still there. I know the model's turret doesn't rotate and I am not much bothered about it but you know some people are...LOL

Ron

It's been a know issue that the internal and external layout of the ship doesn't work. Either pretend it's part tardis or admit that the designers just didn't consider everything when they laid out the Falcon's design.
Spudtrooper37
#71 Posted : 16 January 2016 20:43:12

Popped down to Whsmith today to see what the Stars Wars helmet collection is like.

Got Darth Vader, for £1.99 it's worth a look.

Quality is good, so I have subscribed and hopefully the quality will continue.

Darren

birdaj2
#72 Posted : 17 January 2016 11:08:14

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Darren

That does like like a good collection and something quite unique.

Will make up into a very intersting display as it progresses.
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
Spudtrooper37
#73 Posted : 17 January 2016 23:21:11

I don't have much room to build the falcon Confused she sits on top of the wardrobe Sad,
other parts are in the airing cupboard but when I do bring her out she is amazing BigGrin

Today I cleaned a bit of space and I am at issue 54 into the build and....well I like what I see BigGrin a star wars nut I am Flapper

Going to watch Episode 7 again on the 29th with my son, this time in 3D.

Darren

birdaj2
#74 Posted : 17 January 2016 23:30:08

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

It is really coming togeher so well and looks absolutly brilliant.

Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
Metal Mech
#75 Posted : 19 January 2016 19:46:49

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Nytetrain wrote:
Thanks Darren,

Ron

I am curious, where has it ever been show of stated that the turrets rotate? I have never read or seen any evidence that they do.

DeAgostini kit builds:

Millennium Falcon: 18% Complete
Shelby GT-500: 28% Complete
Thunderbird 2: 13.75% Complete
rj1265
#76 Posted : 19 January 2016 22:09:08

spudtrooper37 wrote:
I don't have much room to build the falcon Confused she sits on top of the wardrobe Sad,
other parts are in the airing cupboard but when I do bring her out she is amazing BigGrin

Today I cleaned a bit of space and I am at issue 54 into the build and....well I like what I see BigGrin a star wars nut I am Flapper

Going to watch Episode 7 again on the 29th with my son, this time in 3D.

That is looking great BigGrin - for star wars geekism I have seen Episode 7 4 times now, dragging the wife twice to 2D showings, also seen with mates in 3D and IMAX ( if you get motion sickness don't see it in IMAX )..

On a side note the Falcon is a 90+ year old piece of junk in Episode 7 Cool ,so if you go overboard with the weathering .. just say its an Episode 7 Falcon build !!
On the WorkBench : DeAg Millennium Falcon , Deag R2-D2
To Build : various 1/72 , 1/32 WW II Military Planes
Spudtrooper37
#77 Posted : 19 January 2016 22:15:08

ron wrote:

I am curious, where has it ever been show of stated that the turrets rotate? I have never read or seen any evidence that they do.

Hi Ron,

There is a model kit where the turrets rotate (can't remember the make) plus there has been lots of debates over the decades on this as well.

The new star wars movie shows the lower quad cannons are facing rearwards during the Battle seen.
Darren

Nytetrain
#78 Posted : 19 January 2016 22:41:26

That was Metal Mechs question. And yes the turrets are supposedly able to rotate. As stated, in the last movie the Falcon is attacked from behind and the lower guns are pointed to the rear of the ship. When they are not in use they are stored in a front facing position. I think the Fine Molds kit had rotating turrets. Haven't opened mine as of yet so I can't say for certain. So Darren what is the green stuff on the lower jaw portion of your hull? Was just curious.

Ron
Best Regards,
Ron

colson
#79 Posted : 19 January 2016 23:01:50

The AMT kit turrets rotated as well. DeAgostini, definitely not, as the turret is screwed in position. There's a shot in EP VII where the guns are actually facing to the side. I can't remember exactly at what point, but I noticed it.

As for the kit, the photos from Darren's build definitely look like the prototype, as far as how the hold is seen within the model.

Is it easy to look around inside the hold Darren? To see down the corridors and all around? Still can't decide if I want it in the build or on display on it's own.
Metal Mech
#80 Posted : 19 January 2016 23:15:05

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

First off I want to apologize for taking this thread off topic. I am really enjoying your build, especially since its a look into the future of what I can expect parts wise.

Last time about this I promise, but I didn't see the turret facing rearward in the movie, but that scene moved so fast I really didn't get to take everything in. Maybe if I get to see it a second time I will pay more attention.

I still don't see how it can rotate. If it does, the gunner station does not rotate with it. Even based on diagrams, its not supposed to. Not like it couldn't rotate and require the gunner to use sensors and/or cameras to shoot.

I second the question about whats up with the green stuff.

DeAgostini kit builds:

Millennium Falcon: 18% Complete
Shelby GT-500: 28% Complete
Thunderbird 2: 13.75% Complete