Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

7 Pages «<567
Leopold railway gun Dioramma Options
Gandale
#121 Posted : 23 June 2015 00:33:29

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Certainly some beautiful work being carried out Nem, going to be a stunning display mounted on the wall....Cool Cool ..

Regards

Alan
ModelMania
#122 Posted : 23 June 2015 22:36:01

Groups:

Those resin parts look fabulous Daran and should make a big difference to the finished appearance, worth every penny!! Drool Cool ThumpUp

I wouldn't use pine as a shelf material (sorry Robin) as this is liable to be weighty when finished and pine, being a softwood, can easily warp if not bolted down properly and the weight of the finished dio may just exacerbate that? I would look around your local timber merchants and see if you can get an off-cut of French Oak which will be stronger, won't warp and will look nice around the edges of the shelf when stained and polished? It won't be overly expensive either for one six foot length and why skimp on the shelving if you've spent a lot of money on the model itself?

Just an idea mate and hope that helps? ThumpUp

Kev BigGrin
Nemesis
#123 Posted : 08 October 2015 17:07:57

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Sorry for a lack of posts on this, I have not been idle with the build, but I needed to put it up for a while and have been faffing around with it in between other builds. The Leo has come close to being binned a few times, it has got to be at the top of my most terrible kit list!!!Cursing Cursing The cradle and elevation piston and rods are a terrible fit and Trumpeter have not got it right AT ALL!!!I have been trimming and shaping and scratch building bits and pieces and the barrel still does not elevate fully without catching the main chassis somewhere, and I cannot be bothered with it anymore!Cursing Cursing I am displaying it on the dio in loading mode, barrel depressed, so although it doesnt matter it wont elevate, its not the point, but if I carry on trying, it will become a flying gun!!LOL LOL LOL So rant over, I will now carry on with it as I will display it and it will still look good on the dio.BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
darbyvet
#124 Posted : 08 October 2015 18:41:03

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I am sure all of us here have had the same feeling with a kit.My Jupiter train has almost died a few times.I am glad you have decided to continue it and I look forward to seeing more progress once you are back in love with it again!!
Tomick
#125 Posted : 08 October 2015 21:52:08

Groups:

Not like you to get annoyed with a kit Nem, hang in there, am sure all will come good in the end ThumpUp
Nemesis
#126 Posted : 08 October 2015 21:55:41

Tomick wrote:
Not like you to get annoyed with a kit Nem, hang in there, am sure all will come good in the end ThumpUp

Not annoyed, more frustrated! Its the perfectionist in me!!LOL LOL LOL Its not a problem for the dio, its never going to be raised but I wanted it to be fully functional regardless!!LOL It raises enough for me to do what I need to do, and at the end of the day, thats what matters!!BigGrin BigGrin
arpurchase
#127 Posted : 08 October 2015 22:58:24

BigGrin Hi Nem ,I too have had this happen with kits best thing to do is Cool walk away and do something else then go back to it with a fresh outlook generally works for me.
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Nemesis
#128 Posted : 09 October 2015 08:43:12

arpurchase wrote:
BigGrin Hi Nem ,I too have had this happen with kits best thing to do is Cool walk away and do something else then go back to it with a fresh outlook generally works for me.

I have put it up for now and will go back to it in between other builds for now!!LOL BigGrin BigGrin