Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

16 Pages «<141516
Malc's Mclaren MP4/4 Options
maurizio67
#301 Posted : 28 December 2017 10:59:32

Outstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Many thanks Malc
maurizio67
#302 Posted : 05 January 2018 09:42:06

Outstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

RM1 wrote:

Hi Malc, I need another piece of information, where did you get the case for McLaren? it's really beautiful !!!!Love
maurizio67
#303 Posted : 11 January 2018 12:45:47

New pm MalcBigGrin
frah2o
#304 Posted : 13 September 2019 12:22:08

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Hi Malc, i'm started to restoring my mp4/4
I bought all carbon decal from MC (Autograph)

If i right undestand, all MC decals need a base color.

For monocoque did you use a gold paint + smoke coat (i think a bronze effect) and than you apply the decal? is the right way?

For other carbon did you spray a light coat of gun metal?

Sorry for many question but i always used cvering decal and the base color was not so important.

Thanks and regards.
Collection active: Lotus 97T, Audi Quattro A2, Vw Maggiolino '60

Work in progress: Porsche 911 RS Turbo

Completed model: Delta WRC Martini, Mclaren MP4/4, Golf GTI 1/8 Tuned
RM1
#305 Posted : 17 September 2019 09:25:35

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

frah2o wrote:
Hi Malc, i'm started to restoring my mp4/4
I bought all carbon decal from MC (Autograph)

If i right undestand, all MC decals need a base color.

For monocoque did you use a gold paint + smoke coat (i think a bronze effect) and than you apply the decal? is the right way?

For other carbon did you spray a light coat of gun metal?

Sorry for many question but i always used cvering decal and the base color was not so important.

Thanks and regards.

Always a pleasure to exchange information. It was a while ago when I decaled the monocoque so I had to go back through the diary to see what I did!BigGrin

The nose cone was given a dusting of Tamiya metallic siver ( TS 83 ) before decal and then a light coat of smoke until it was the shade I liked.

The monocoque had a light coat of metallic gold ( TS 84 ) before decals and then smoke to get the right shade. I not sure if this was the right way but I was happy with the result. I didn't use gun metal .

I hope that can help. Looking forward to seeing your restoration project progress.

Malc.
rjfk2002
#306 Posted : 17 September 2019 17:25:09

Malc did the Tamiya smoke spray do any damage to the decals? I know the Tamiya lacquers are hot and can eat certain types of decals. Thanks
RM1
#307 Posted : 18 September 2019 07:27:36

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

rjfk2002 wrote:
Malc did the Tamiya smoke spray do any damage to the decals? I know the Tamiya lacquers are hot and can eat certain types of decals. Thanks

Hi. No the Tamiya Smoke ( from a rattle can ) didn't affect the decals at all.
Malc.