Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

7 Pages «<34567>
HMS Surprise Build by Ant Options
Martyn Ingram
#81 Posted : 25 September 2016 07:25:45

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

BigGrin Have a great time Ant . Looking forward to seeing your next update Cool

Rgd Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
Gandale
#82 Posted : 25 September 2016 10:01:17

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

She's looking fab Ant. Carry on this way and she'll be stunning...Drool Drool .. Enjoy the break, lucky boy......Cool Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
davetwin
#83 Posted : 25 September 2016 19:41:03

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Yeah,they work. It's coming along really nicely, she looks superb, keep up the great work ThumpUp
antswain
#84 Posted : 25 September 2016 21:04:51

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

A couple more pics plus the base I made from two bits of oak skirting board put together ( "borrowed" from my mates house extension) he doesnt know yet and wont see it on here lol BigGrin BigGrin
antswain attached the following image(s):
IMG_0223[1].jpg
IMG_0227[1].jpg
IMG_0229[1].jpg
Current builds :

AL's HMS Surprise
Model Shipyards HM Cutter Mermaid
antswain
#85 Posted : 26 September 2016 00:34:52

Just one thing one of you guys or somebody else you know might be able to help me with, As you know the figurehead supplied with this model is S!!te for lack of a more discriptive word.

Do you know anyone that makes them? Im willing to pay obviously but time constraints and my dexterity is getting more limited any ideas thanks in advance.
Current builds :

AL's HMS Surprise
davetwin
#86 Posted : 26 September 2016 17:48:09

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I can't help with the figure head but I do rather like your base Drool
johncal
#87 Posted : 27 September 2016 00:03:46

Outstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Looks great. Keep up the good workBigGrin
antswain
#88 Posted : 27 September 2016 01:04:51

Thanks for all kind comments guys (figurehead answers if any tho please?)

heres a couple of pics of HM Mermaid which i was building alongside but now on the shelf. This is going to another friend with the instructions and materials - this man i reckon has the talent to finish thisCursing - going to leave it as natural timber finish i like the look of it that way.

cheers allBigGrin
mer 1.jpg
mer 2.jpg
mer 3.jpg
Current builds :

AL's HMS Surprise
Martyn Ingram
#89 Posted : 27 September 2016 05:33:43

BigGrin nice job on the Mermaid. Have you thought of carving a figure head out of box wood? Confused

Rgd Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
antswain
#90 Posted : 28 September 2016 00:19:17

I do not know if you saw my earlier post Rod but unfortunately suffering from terminal cancer so hands starting to shake a bit at mo. But maybe i should try any sites for tips m8

regards AntBlink
Current builds :

AL's HMS Surprise
antswain
#91 Posted : 28 September 2016 00:24:33

Really sorry post name should have read Martyn - Rod another old friend hey hoLaugh
regards Ant
Current builds :

AL's HMS Surprise
Martyn Ingram
#92 Posted : 28 September 2016 08:26:26

Crying Really sorry to hear about your health problem ant . It makes your build even more special stay strong my friend and if I can do anything to help please ask Cool

Rgd Martyn
Building ?
Next Build ?
antswain
#93 Posted : 29 September 2016 05:37:11

Hello Marytn

Here is a couple of pics of what AL sent to us Surprise builders and i refuse to put it on my ship which has taken xxx amount of hrs to get this far. I did start to fashion my own. I Know Johncal and Magpie made there own and i think one of them made 2 with the other one looking much better than ALs one.

Dont know if you know these guys but if you can help id really appreciate it m8 i have to have radiotherapy again soon cos its spreading through my brain a figurehead would be a delight m8. If you can or anybody else out there please help me with this thankyou all.

regards and best wishes Ant

ms img figurehead1.jpg
IMG_figurehead2.jpg
Current builds :

AL's HMS Surprise
magpie1832
#94 Posted : 29 September 2016 10:41:52

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Ant
If you PM me your address you can have my Figurehead.
I can make another and am nowhere near needing to put it on.
Chris

On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

Matelot one
#95 Posted : 29 September 2016 19:08:33

Looking Good Ant! I know how you feel about the figurehead, I am surprised that no one has made a 3D Printer version yet, as it would make a lot of happier model makers!
________________________________________________________________________________________

Built Mare Nostrum
Google Photo Album
Matelot (ˈmætləʊ) , Matlo or Matlow
noun
(Nautical Terms) slang chiefly Brit - a sailor

BarryM
#96 Posted : 29 September 2016 19:34:38

Sorry to hear about your health problems Ant just hang in there my friend..
It would seem that every person building this ship has the same views on the Figurehead (can I call it that????)think I would rather go without one than use it on a model which has taken years to construct..

Barry

There's no time like the present.....
antswain
#97 Posted : 29 September 2016 21:38:12

I Just want to let everyone of you fellow modelers out there how brilliant the people on and this forum is , and I am very humbled. I have severe health problems now and have explained how Chris (Mappie 1832)and Marytn Ingram have been so generous in helping me out

I cannot thank them enough - BigGrin

Antswain - Anthony

now time to get on BigGrin

Ships figurehead

Hello Chris

I cant tell you how much it means to me that you are willing to let me have this - it shall inspire me to do as much as I can to get this ship as far as I can. I am giving it to my best friend of 35 years friendship. It sounds morbid but the ship will be displayed at my funeral at my request with no other work being done to it other that what I have done an obviously your wonderful gift. ( My friend will supply the display case)

I will make sure that people know how this has warmed my heart - in the meantime i will keep you and all updated on its and ultimately my progress. Photos at this stage will be taken and posted as a final to the forum.

Once again Thankyou - Anthony
Current builds :

AL's HMS Surprise
Martyn Ingram
#98 Posted : 29 September 2016 21:41:22

BigGrin Hi Ant only to happy to help keep the great work going looking forward to seeing your next update Cool

Martyn
Building ?
Next Build ?
magpie1832
#99 Posted : 29 September 2016 22:20:03

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Not a problem Ant. Only too glad to help you out. I will send it out tomorrow for you.
Chris 👍
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

antswain
#100 Posted : 02 October 2016 04:28:51

Ive nearly finished all the cannon but only rigged with the bigger rope for now. I want to set the masts so I can start the shrouds etc. I know it will be very difficult to fully rig the cannon but needs must.

Any tips on setting the masts . I can get them all inline in both planes but what glue or methods ill have a look but any tips appreciated ta

cheers AntBigGrin BigGrin

pictures to follow from Forest of DeanMellow
Current builds :

AL's HMS Surprise