Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

'THE LAST PARTY' Options
Wilfy the Sea Dog
#1 Posted : 29 January 2015 23:26:36

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Hi all,

THIS IS MY BUILD OF THE YEAR ENTRY

Don't know if I've put this in the right area, Tomick please move it if I haven't. BigGrin

My idea for build of the year is to put the Verlinden sets of the 'Last Party' into a diorama setting.

It's something I have wanted to do for the last 15 yrs & never got round to it.

This link gives a small overview of the finished Verlinden items, which I want to put into a setting, with my idea of 'WHY' it's the last party.
http://www.verlindenonli...-party-set-ii-1743.html

There are four parts to the Verlinden set, 2 figure kits, Tavern exterior & Tavern Interior. The figure sets are still readily available but it took me a while to track down the Tavern!

The exterior eventually came from the USA & the interior from Greece!!

I'm not a figure painter, but the emphasise of this build will be on the figures! This is my self challenge for 2015, get over my fear of figure painting!

The diorama will include a German transport vehicle & maybe some paras from a D-Day drop, not sure on that yet, but something to make it 'The Last Party'

Pics of kits to follow. BigGrin

Thanks for looking.

Wilfy
jase
#2 Posted : 30 January 2015 00:10:22

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

This sounds interesting Cool no link or not working?

jase
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
Nemesis
#3 Posted : 30 January 2015 00:40:01

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

This is going to be an interesting build, looking forward to seeing your pictures when you start. BigGrin BigGrin
Tomick
#4 Posted : 30 January 2015 10:26:07

Groups:

Sounds like an interesting build, good luck with it Cool
stevie_o
#5 Posted : 30 January 2015 10:34:39

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

ModelMania
#6 Posted : 30 January 2015 11:56:01

Groups:

Looks a very interesting entry Wilfy and I shall follow your build with great enthusiasm. Well done to you for setting yourself a challenge with the figure modelling and it's great to see more of that genre on ModelSpace.

It's good to step outside of your comfort zone every once in a while!! Cool ThumpUp

Kev Smile
arpurchase
#7 Posted : 30 January 2015 12:25:16

BigGrin Looks like a great project and will look forward to your diaryCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

delboy271155
#8 Posted : 30 January 2015 16:16:55

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi Wilfy, BigGrin

Interesting choice.Cool

Plenty of scope for detailing and adding your own slant on things.

Waiting with bated breath.Drool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Wilfy the Sea Dog
#9 Posted : 05 February 2015 22:19:15

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Thanks for all your comments,

I'm still away off from starting this yet, but thought I would put up some pics of the kits, to inspire myself to get movingBigGrin

The following pics are of the Tavern exterior, it is made from Hydrocal Plaster, which is very tough & I am led to believe used in the dental industry.

There are also a few resin accessories included here, mainly shutters & doors.

Thanks for looking

Wilfy
Wilfy the Sea Dog attached the following image(s):
partyex1.JPG
partyex2.JPG
partyex3.JPG
partyex4.JPG
partyex5.JPG
Wilfy the Sea Dog
#10 Posted : 05 February 2015 22:30:31

This is the Tavern Interior.

It is all resin & will need a bit of a clean up.

I've only taken pics of a few of the accessories as there are many & some will be replaced & others not used.

The kit comes with a paper printed sheet for the floor tiles, this will be replaced by a 3D item from Reality in Scale, they also supply a very nice set of 3D Delph patterned wall tiles which I shall use for the hearth.

Pictures of vehicle & figures to follow.

The completed diorama will very much be based on work in progress, so I can't give you a full idea of what the finished item will look like yet but I will keep you updated with the progress.

Thanks

Wilfy
Wilfy the Sea Dog attached the following image(s):
partyint1.JPG
partyint2.JPG
partyint3.JPG
partyint4.JPG
Nemesis
#11 Posted : 05 February 2015 22:33:00

Some nice detail! Looking forward to your start!!BigGrin BigGrin
Tomick
#12 Posted : 21 April 2015 12:21:59

Groups:

Any further forward?